Shady Grove Adventist Hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

Just one person's opinion

Unit Service Coordinator (Current Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsPretty good benefits, some nice people,

Consusually short staffed, always short on funding, definetely not enough incentives to do a good job

Advice to Senior Managementreward good employees, get rid of the bad, focus on patient care and cleanliness

An okay organization to work for

ProsFlexibility, job security, work environment, unity, and strong culture.

ConsNo room for growth, management involvement, compensation, stress, and work life balance.

Rewarding but stressful.

Staff RN (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsThe salary was competitive. I was satisfied with my compensation. Internal training is constantly provided.

ConsSeemed like less and less hands on patient care was encouraged.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better way to keep part-timers informed of updated policies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Diverse staff of kind people

ProsCulture fosters good employee relations

ConsSome of the long term management team are not trained to current business practices

The Right Supervisor

Secretary III (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsWith the right supervisor and leadership team, you stand a very good chance of recognition and advancement.

ConsI worked in the same position for almost 8 years, and every year received above average performance reviews. Then there was a change in leadership, and a personality clash between me and the new leadership materialized, and I wasn't part of the "chosen few", I was terminated for not being pro-active enough and for being inefficient (her words, not mine). At the time of termination, I was told that I wasn't allowed back in the hospital; really? There were no raised voices, no off-color language, and no threats made, yet I'm not allowed back in the hospital? Now I try to survive and pay my mortgage on unemployment. All employees --- trust no one, and always watch your back!

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you have an employee who has complained to HR twice (and asked HR for a transfer, to no avail), and you have 20+ employees leave a department in 12-months time, investigate it; talk to employees; find out why there's such a turnover; and do what they can to make it better. Don't just sit by and do nothing.

Mixed emotions love the people but management is insensitive and racist

Staff RN (Current Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsBenefits are great, hospital is very clean, and people are diverse and nice to work with

ConsClimb to management by least qualified as long as they have right color.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into who has senior position, are they qualified?

It was OK

ProsNice staff for the most part, they hire new grads

ConsThe hospital has a bad reputation

Worked for Shady Grove Adventist Hospital? Contribute to the Community!