Shamrock Foods

Kent McClelland

Not what it once was

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Shamrock Foods full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Overall good company with fair benefits, growing , and international presence. Large company with little competition in area. low level employee's diverse and hardworking.

Cons

top heavy when it comes to workforce. To many with unjustified positions. Focused lost on company core when it come to am

relate to employees,

People do not come first

Former Employee - N/A in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - N/A in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Shamrock Foods full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay was good. A lot of independent work (if you like that). Your co-workers are nice.

Cons

Supervisor was awful. They made the job immature. Hard to get breaks on long shifts.

Listen to your employees, HR.

Their shift work schedule leaves a lot t be desired

Former Employee - Electro Mechanical in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Electro Mechanical in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Shamrock Foods full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company Give time off when you need it without much issue. The supervisor Tony Capello is easy to work for.

Cons

Equipment is old and barely hanging on in some parts of the plant. There are rarely enough parts and the parts they do have do not cover a lot of the equipment that can bring the facility to a grinding halt.

Get it together. The manager has no managing skills that are worth mentioning.

Logistics

Current Employee - Logistics in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Logistics in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Shamrock Foods full-time

Pros

Great people to work with and work for. Seem to treat everyone fairly and value longevity and experience over the young and inexpensive.

Cons

Can be long hours, systems really aren't up to par with today's technology, but they seem to be working on it.

Unorganized, unprofessional, no understanding of customer service

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Roswell, NM
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Roswell, NM

I worked at Shamrock Foods full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Never any management around to micro manage.

Cons

So called "specialists" were mainly clueless about product specifications. Drivers did not work as a team, and did not care about the customers. Lost several accounts due to driver not adhering to delivery windows. No training, poor leadership, extreme incompetence in every department from HR to warehouse. When you are accustomed to working for an excellent company, and then work for Shamrock, you will be very disappointed,

Get it together in New Mexico! You might have it going on in Arizona, but you have a lot of work to do in other areas.

A Place to Collect A Pay Check

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Shamrock Foods as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Free Lunch Once A Month

Cons

Everything else that truly matters

Stop bullying people who are trying to help you identify bad business practices. Threatening legal action for uncovering bad practices and proposing solutions makes one wonder if these practices are intended and even illegal. Do not terminate employees without telling them and then threaten them with legal violations for "disclosure of confidential material" when they attempt to return work and property they take home. Please stop being so paranoid! Trust and Mutual Respect can be achieved without holding your employees under duress, without threat of penalty at law. Just because you terminate someone does not mean they are out to get you and that you have to get them before they get you.

so-so experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Shamrock Foods full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible Work Hours - I was able to work 7-3 if I didn't take a lunch. Having the afternoons off were great. Health benefits were phenomenal, though.

Cons

Pay was terrible. My management was 0% interested my my career or helping me advance within the company.

Teach managers not only how to do good work, but how to manage and grow your people. The sign of a great manager is one that, although a great employee leaving your department may be difficult in the short term, it's better for the company to see that person advance within rather than have to leave to pursue a better opportunity.

Horrible, DO NOT WORK HERE!

Former Employee - Order Selector Cold Room in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Order Selector Cold Room in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Shamrock Foods full-time (less than an year)

Pros

.50 cent raise every 6 months for a year.
    Other than that, none.

Cons

To start off with, management is horrible, absolutely no training whatsoever. My first day I was thrown in with multiple illegals who did not speak any English, with my supervisor expecting me to receive training off of them. Also, expect to get treated like your worthless here, management will constantly pick fights with you, calling you names, etc.

The people that work here have absolutely no respect for each other, meaning that there is confrontation on a daily basis between co-workers. Do not expect to make friends while working here.

In the dairy department, most of your co-workers are illegals, and do not speak much English.

Human Resources is very unhelpful, I outreached to HR, because I was being treated unfairly, and they did nothing but report it.

Lastly, when you first start off working here, HR mentions that your full-time (40+ hours), however, when you start your first day, you only have 30 hours, and its up to your supervisor to decide on who receives the extra 10 hours per week.

Once again, please save yourself the negative lifestyle, and do not apply for this company.

Needs a great amount of improvement.

Communications Issues

Former Employee - Helpdesk Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Shamrock Foods (less than an year)

Pros

I worked level 1 Help Desk at Shamrock, my boss was great and I had a wonderful team of smart hard working co-workers. Free Food every month. On the job training and learning.

Cons

The communication within the other teams like level 2 and level 3 Help Desk is terrible and they clearly lack respect for the level 1 technicians. There is no accountability to be had. They will change your shift start times multiple times. They work you very hard into the dirt for little pay. It will take you at lease two years to move up to a level 2 position, that's there policy. Also the other departments besides IT can be very clicky and most people have a hard time fitting in. I would say stay for a year learn what you can than run.

Get rid of some of your bad apple employees that have been there a long time and believe they don't have to follow the rules because they are driving other great technicians away with intimidation tactics..

Great work atmosphere, good chances for advancement, good access to upper management, hard work is well recognized.

Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Shamrock Foods full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Respectful environment, supportive management. Sales incentives are good motivators. Freedom to work where and when you want. Unlike some other food distributors, accounts are not transferred without first consulting the reps.

Cons

Long hours, weekends included, very competitive with lots of other local and national companies trying to get their foot in the door.

You're on a good path! Keep being respectful and aware of staff, people will be around for a long time.