ShareThis

Kurt Abrahamson

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I think I've found a career home at ShareThis

Director (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsThe executive team is very transparent and available. I feel that my voice means something and that I have a real opportunity to create change for the company.

The team is passionate about what they do. I've met some of the smartest big data people in my career here, and I'm excited about what we're producing with that data.

Some people complain about the location of the company, but it is an easy commute from San Jose up 280 to Palo Alto.

Finally, FREE FOOD! ShareThis feeds us on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday; a nice perk. :-) They also provide a ton of snacks (some healthy, some not-so-healthy) and drinks.

ConsThere is a decent amount of tribal knowledge within the company. It feels like a tough nut to crack, but to be blunt, everyone here knows it and helps however they can. Don't let perception influence reality.

Perfect place to learn, exceptional work-life balance, ideal to start your career.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsOutstanding engineering management , cool perks, large parking lot, amazing work/life balance, freedom to choose technologies, no deadline pressure, telecommute when you need it, very flexible vacation policy. People are kind and always ready to help.

ConsDomain-specific knowledge needed, you have to learn constantly as things change. Technical debt keeps growing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going! It's time to start paying of the tech debts.

Want to ride on a Rocketshp? This is a good place to jump on!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsShareThis is growing very fast. Revenue growth is up over 6,000% between 2010 to 2013. It was awarded "fastest growing company in the Bay Area" by BizJournals. The company has also really started to focus on product & tech innovation (originally it was more sales oriented), which is great to see. Great, fun environment with lots of opportunity to make an impact at any level.

ConsAs I mentioned above, the company originally had a strong sales focus, at the expense of a strong product focus. But that's changing now with the hire of a stellar new SVP of Product. If you're a product or tech geek and you want to work in a company that's highly prioritizing that type of work, this is a great spot, so long as you're ready to jump in, get your hands dirty, and create a ton of value. The company also just hired a very seasoned VP of People who is super focused on bringing the best & brightest in the door, and keeping the current employees very happy and productive.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep doing what you're doing around the product & tech focus; that's the key that unlocks the continued rocketship growth!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful company in a challenging location.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsI enjoyed my time at ShareThis.

I was able to explore technologies and have a positive impact on the company. Good work is recognized and rewarded. Ongoing training is supported and encouraged.

The company culture encourages play time and exploring. Quarterly hack days can provide tools for others or just aesthetic office improvements.

ConsThe office location is in somewhat of a transit hole. Unless you drive there are few places for food nearby.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it going strong.

a year goes by quickly when you enjoy where you work!

Manager (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

Proscatered lunch 3x/week, good benefits, plenty of parking, courteous/polite coworkers, team work, quiet work environment (could be good or bad), great work life balance!!

Conscross-team communication somewhat limited, requirements for promotion not clearly stated (seems subjective), quiet work environment (could be good or bad)

Advice to Senior Managementhire great engineers, distribute the glory amongst various teams - not just sales, continue in your efforts in building transparency

ShareThis cares about their employees. Fantastic place to work!

Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsThis is my 8th start-up and I can say that ShareThis is the first start-up that I've worked for that truly cares about their people and think of us as human beings, rather not robots:
    - Sharp, smart, driven people
    - Fantastic open culture, transparency
    - Strong team mentality
    - Space to grow and develop

ConsThere's a lot to keep up with, and keeping abreast of such a rapidly changing company can be a challenge at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. I'm impressed with the level trust, support and transparency management provides employees.

Worked for ShareThis? Contribute to the Community!