Shasa Reviews

Great place of employment

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Shasa full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company values, upper management is easy to work for, growth opportunities

Cons

No cons to note yet

Keep making it exciting and fun and I'll be there for a long time!

Great company to grow with

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Shasa full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I chose Shasa over another company where I was offered a similar position mostly in part to Shasa's company culture- Shasa believes in cultivating the skills and strengths of their staff and promotes from within. There is tremendous growth opportunity here and I am always stimulated.

Cons

No cons that come to mind to date, has been a great experience at Shasa so far!

Worst Company Ever

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Shasa full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Slave Masters
    I there's nothing good to say about Shasa

Cons

*Work their employees like slaves
    *They don't valve their employees
    *Racist-They do not like to hire African American
    *There are no incentive for employee
    *Corporate never takes responsible for any wrong doing.

Great, fun, challenging retail job

I have been working at Shasa

Pros

I started working at Shasa since the store opened in November. This is a friendly place to be in even more when you have amazing managers & coworkers! We're like one big family which makes our job environment fun! Communication is Great!!! We all work as a team to achieve our daily goals.

The company gives us 25% off from the clothes. we are lucky to be the first ones to see what we get. It's exciting to see new shipment.

Cons

Some of the challenges can be how high our goals are for the day. We all try our best to make the goal.

We would like you to please send us the clothing people ask for & for us to receive xs & xl sizes.

Fun retail job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Shasa full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been with the company since Glendale open its doors in November, I was promoted after a month of working with the company. Any time I've needed time off they worked with my schedule. I believe I have a great work life balance here at Shasa. This is the first job I've ever had benefits and this is very important for me. The people I work with is like a family to me, everybody works hard and we all praise each other, managers are fun and professional and we all learn something new everyday.

Cons

the only people that have a problem at Shasa are the employees who don't work hard and think they deserve more money or more hours. I have seen this numerous times where people quit and they come to glass door to bad mouth the company. I see a bad review pop up within two days of someone's departure. My own personal complain would be the product we receive, if we ask for specific items we don't get them and they continue to send what we don't sell.

My advice to corporate would be to start sending us what customers want. When we don't make goal don't get on to us when you didn't send the product customers want. Come work with us before you cut our hours so low and see how we struggle to maintain the store and service customers.

Fast paced fun retail job

Current Employee - Fashion Advisor in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Shasa part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy working at Shasa for many reasons. My team is like family and my manager are mentors to me And I say this in the most sincerest way. In no specific order I love my pay, hours, schedule, weekly payday, fun environment, cute clothes at an affordable price, plus you get a discount. You learn an abundance of job duties and you become well rounded. If you express your willingness to learn they will continue to teach you and you will become their successor. They promote from within Ive seen several people move up in a short time.

Cons

When hours are cut we don't have enough staff to maintain the store and customer service the way we should. At the end of a day when hours were cut I'm exhausted and feel drained. We constantly ask for items that customers need and it seems who ever is purchasing the clothes are buying things they would wear.

Listen to us!!!!! We deal with the customers on a daily basis! start getting us things we need on time not a Season later or after the event has past. Our goals are just insane you must put things into perspective. If were not getting what the guests are asking for we wont make these outrageous goals. We cant force guests to buy what they don't want.

Challenging but fun job with growth opportunities

I have been working at Shasa full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Where do I begin? Well let me start off by saying getting paid every week is amazing! 25% off clothing that's already very affordable. FT managers are offered benefits
    Flexible scheduling

Let me tell you a little about my experience this far. I have only been with Shasa a few months but, I have learned more here then I have at any of my previous employers. I've been given the opportunity to hire, interview, train, and manage the day to day operations of the store. Every day at Shasa is a challenge and I love it! My boss is very firm but fair I'm constantly being coached and challenged so I can grow with the company.

Cons

I won't sit here and say things are perfect because no company is. Things change a lot at Shasa and you half to be able to adapt to change or you won't work out. You must be flexible with your schedule because you do get surprise tasks. Corporate visits frequently and depending on their mood things can go great or not so great. The goals aren't realistic at times.

motivate and praise us when deem necessary. If your in a bad mood take into consideration before walking in that it's not our fault. Listen to the stores needs and react quicker.

Challenging fun retail Job

I have been working at Shasa full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get paid every Friday!!!
    401-K insurance is offered after a certain length of employment
    weekly bonuses if you exceed your sales plan
    Great pay
    flexible schedule- works with your school schedule and encourages education.

I've been with the company a few months now, and so far I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work. I work for a boss who's firm but fair. I have learned so much in my short time here from hiring,recruiting, scheduling, paperwork, training, and the list goes on. At Shasa you do everything! Your title doesn't matter around here, and I love this because you end up becoming well rounded. I would call myself well rounded after 5 months.

Since Ive started they have implemented several new training tools. However, You get two weeks of training and if you need more don't panic because they don't put a cap on your training its on going.

I would say my top pro for this company would be that I have been able to voice my opinion to corporate on several occasions and they LISTEN! What company will take the time to listen to their employees ideas???

The owners come in frequently and no matter what position you may hold they interact with you. This to me shows they care about their people and we are a TEAM. I look forward to my future with Shasa and I'm excited to be a part of this growing company.

Cons

unrealistic sales goals makes it hard to ever bonus. Listen to the stores needs when it comes to product. Payroll is a tender spot - Give the stores enough hours so they aren't literally sweating trying to service and maintain the store. Most of our corporate partners are great but, a few might need a better nights sleep prior to coming to the store.

Revise the goals if were not getting the right product to support the goals. Adjust payroll accordingly. Listen to the stores need this can potentially boost sales. Give more notice for tasks.

Where do I begin?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Shasa full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only pro I can possibly think of is the amazing staff I had the absolute pleasure of working with.

Cons

Let me just start by saying that this company consists of the most unprofessional, disorganized, and incompetent group of people I've ever met . They have no real clue as to what they're doing, how to give direction, and more importantly how to run a successful company. They refuse to do anything that isn't their way even if that means sacrificing their way for a better alternative. They're stubborn and narcissistic and if you do happen to be one of the people who gets to contribute ideas and solutions, forget about receiving any of the credit. They will use you and then toss you aside once you've become a threat to them. Advancement in this company is given to those who suck up to corporate or if you happen to be great friends with someone. Otherwise, do not kid yourself. You aren't going to get a promotion or a raise. More importantly a raise. They'll try and assure you that you'll get the compensation you truly and lawfully deserve, but I've PERSONALLY witnessed several instances, where management has been denied their full time pay and benefits. They're just such a disorganized company, that it's absolutely ridiculous for me to find a place to begin. To say this company consists of penny pinchers, would be an understatement. They refuse to give the payroll that is needed to make a successful business day run smoothly. This, has got to be the worst possible job I've ever had.

give up

First job and I love it!!!

Current Employee - Fashion Advisor in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Shasa part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working for Shasa because everyday I learn something new. I have four great managers who strive to make work fun, exciting, and challenging every shift I work.

The team I work with is like a second family. My managers work with my school schedule and encourage me to succeed at both my school and work to me this is very important.

We get 25% off and so far I've gotten 50% off twice. The clothing is already very affordable!

If your a college student looking to make a competitive salary and eventually move up with a company this is the place for you.

Everyone at my store loves coming to work and tell me all the time they love working at Shasa. I read a lot of the reviews and noticed they were not true so I decided I should share my great experience.

Cons

Frequent corporate visits and they tend to knit pick at small things. Some of the corporate people are rude but, I only deal with them on occasion. They have very high standards. You'll be fine if you have a team who loves to work hard and be challenged which the girls I work with do.

My advice would be for corporate to be a little more friendly and take into consideration we work very hard and try to do everything right. Knit picking isn't necessary all the time and praise goes a long ways.