Shaw Industries Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

Unethical Conduct

I worked at Shaw Industries

Pros

There are Absolutely no pros. Unless you are a white male with years of service and Director job title.

Cons

White male Directors don't have to abide by the same Code of Ethics or Conduct. A director is allowed to have sexual intercourse in a Shaw office and send nudity pictures of himself to his mistress and still keep his job.

Advice to Management

All employees should have to abide by the same Code of Ethics and Conduct. Hourly and Salary. Senior Management should actually be held to a higher standard. As they are to set the example. Job title and years of service should not determine your employment status.

2. Local company experience with global, Berkshire Hathaway company opportunities and resources.

Current Employee - Manager in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Shaw Industries

Pros

Headquartered in a small city, Shaw is rooted in small town values of concern for its associates and communities. Back stopped by the ethical and fiscal sensibilities of its parent, Berkshire Hathaway, Shaw is committee to its core values of Honesty, Integrity, & passion. Shaw's virtually debt free balance sheet and current expansion activities have it poised to continue to gain market share and grow opportunities for current and future associates through current and future expansions.

Cons

The bad housing market has caused significant reductions in work force numbers. Pent up demand in the housing market has translated to equivalent demands for opportunities in the company though not to the extent of the industry more broadly.

3. Excellent Place to Work

Current Employee - Operations Management Trainee in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Operations Management Trainee in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong headquarters culture and leadership that follow their values of Honesty, Integrity and Passion

Cons

Not enough females in senior leadership roles. Not enough transparency in open positions. Sometimes it is obvious that the interview process is an exercise when managers draft or fill positions with pre-selected candidates.

Advice to Management

See cons

Transportation

I worked at Shaw Industries

Pros

Good pay. Flexable schedules if needed

Cons

No room for advancement unless you are in a Shaw training academy. No sick leave pay. Often give occurrences for being late, sick Etc..

Advice to Management

Hire within the Co from Associates that have been doing the job for years. Give others a chance to thrive.

6. Decent Place to Work

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Dalton, GA
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Dalton, GA

I worked at Shaw Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is OK. Not great but fair. If you worked at a plant with a good plant manager who treated people fairly it was a very good place to work. If you worked for someone who treated people like they were less than human it was not a pleasant work experience. I will have to say that those are few and far between. Also if you are within the company these managers are well known.

Cons

Jobs could be boring at times. Also hard to move up especially if you were over 40.

Advice to Management

Reward the people who have been with the company and made it what it is.

7. Outstanding culture that is clearly focused on growing and investing in people

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture; many opportunities for growth (within the corporate structure with hard work); company manages with high integrity and values

Cons

Mobility within the sales force is limited; sales comp is not transparent; a few senior sales people hoard accounts

Advice to Management

Create a more transparent sales commission program for commercial account managers

8. Company overview/review

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people who work here are great and they work hard.

Cons

There aren't very many growth opportunities unless you have someone on the "inside".

9. Good but too much micro-managing

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

salary, and benefits, and luke warm diversity

Cons

Not enough advancement for indiviuals with 2 year degrees and college diploma, and certificate education. Too much emphasis on engineering verses management

Advice to Management

Create programs to promote supervisors with college skills other than engineering

10. Working for three years with yourain departments of tweetin,creeler and gessen or sussan. Also as utility and packer.

Current Employee - Lever I Rework in Cartersville, GA
    Current Employee - Lever I Rework in Cartersville, GA

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

woul have goods benefitis,good pay and all i'm five minutes ftom may home to work and would have have time to ge n reasonable, workwhile me my presents some inconvenience in tranportation

Cons

I usually never disficul always work on me stand ouside the laws of the company I do not like to discuss that brings many consecuensias, I try do my job

Advice to Management

I always alert to any keep things that can improve my work and performance of my companion and the company in general on all safety and the good work performe

11. Great culture! Great people!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Shaw Industries (Less than a year)

Pros

Shaw really has great associates working for the company. They contribute to a fantastic culture. Great flooring #1 in the industry.

Cons

Some areas still have old school management. This culture is trying to change, but it still exists in some areas.

RSS Feed </> Embed