Shaw Stone & Webster Construction

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Jim Bernhard Jr.

being a welding inspector as part of the new nuclear culture

Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee)
Waynesboro, GA

I have been working at Shaw Stone & Webster Construction full-time for more than a year

ProsShaw is leading the new nuclear industry. We are building two nuclear units here at Vogtle using the Westinghouse AP1000 reactor. These units are the first two new reactors being built in the United States in more than 30 years!

ConsBeing new technology, there are going to be a few learning curves in the constructiion process, but it is still a very exciting time to be part of it.

To Shaw or not to Shaw

Contracts Manager (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at Shaw Stone & Webster Construction

ProsGreat growth potential in multiple arenas, i.e. coal power, nukes, construction, EPC etc.

ConsDownturn in ecomony hurts us all.

Advice to Senior Managementna

Shaw is a company that cares for some of the people all of the time, others not at all. Click mentality

I have been working at Shaw Stone & Webster Construction full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPay is competative, people are generally qualified for their positions

ConsBaton Rouge based company, take care of their own no matter what

Advice to Senior ManagementActually look at people's work ethics, not just who they are friends with

work hard, play hard

Senior Electrical Engineer Cum Project Coordinator (Current Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Shaw Stone & Webster Construction

ProsIt exposes an individual to the various areas of EPCM projects.

ConsIt exposes an individual to the various hazards in the site during construction, testing & commissioning and completion works (i.e. noise, chemical, fumes, bad weather, unsafe practices, etc.)

Advice to Senior ManagementAllows flexi hours for employee with children and old parents.
Allows staggered work hours without compromising on productivity. For instance, employees can choose to start work earlier at 7am to 3pm or 8am to 4pm or 9am to 5pm as long as it does not affect job productivity directly.5 Day Work, Sat - Sun - Rest Days Working Hours: any of the mentioned earlier. Applies for Engineering team.
Convert the transportation privilege to an allowance, to give the employees more choices either to take taxi from Jurong Island to nearest MRT going to their house.
This will help the employee manage family matters as well as help eliminate heavy trafiic flow iif they tahe the shuttle bus to work.

Worked for Shaw Stone & Webster Construction? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shaw Stone & Webster Construction reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Shaw Stone & Webster Construction CEO Jim Bernhard Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Shaw Stone & Webster Construction employees.