Shaw's

Be The First To
Add Photos

Shaw's President Jim Rice

Jim Rice

Pros
  • Great co-workers, got some of my best friends from this job(in 5 reviews)

• Flexible scheduling with supervisor(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No real chances to go full time(in 7 reviews)

• low pay, unprofessional management, favoritism(in 7 reviews)

Over worked

Meat Manager (Current Employee) North Conway, NH

ProsDiscount on Groceries, and working with fellow co-workers.

ConsWorking associates like dogs, and they don't appreciate what they do for the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some money on associates, to give the better CSI and OSAT scores that your looking for, when you only have 1 to 2 people in a dept. at a time it is hard to do your job and maintain dept. as well as good customer service.

A pleasure to work with people

Checkout Cashier (Former Employee) Worcester, MA

Proshealth benefits and good Dental ins

Consbusy hours and no helper

great starting job.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Hyde Park, MA

ProsGreat environment for the workers and customers

ConsNot enough hours for me to support myself financially.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee) Clinton, MA

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsWith about 20 teenagers working there (most of whom really hate working the registers, dealing with customers and love being outside where they can fart around on their phones), they still schedule the older ladies to go out and collect carts. Really?

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what people are good at and encourage them a little bit. Don't try to force a square peg into a round hole.

Not worth the time and certainly not worth the minimal money

Checkout Cashier (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsIt's flexible, that's for sure. If you're part-time, you work maybe two days a week and they're always willing to cut hours to save money in the long run.

ConsManagement is a bunch of imbeciles. I worked here in college as a cashier and had to argue with managers about hours and scheduling all the time (when I was working at least 2 weekends a month). There is no rhyme or reason to promotions or raises, and it clearly isn't what you know, but who you know in order to get a job here. I worked with a girl prior to our location closing that didn't know there was a difference between nickels and dimes but was hired because her parent(s) worked for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize which of your employees have potential and which ones are actually a waste of money. Be flexible and willing to counteroffer.

Loss Prevention Department

Loss Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsI love the amount of travel time and if we forgot to punch in or out for any reason we were allowed to do edits. They also got rid of all the bad management and tried to turn themselves around.

ConsI do not like the fact that they gave Pollo shirts that had loss prevention written on them.It kinda defeated the purpose of being" undercover". When they got rid of the bad management it was to late most of the damages were already done.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the Pollo's

I had 15 good years as a shaws maintenance tech

Maintenance (Former Employee)

ProsI learned a lot, it was good pay, and good benfits

ConsNew owners have very little reguard for its employes. all about the bottom line

Advice to Senior Managementyour employes are your most importent asset.t

It was a grocery store

Bagger (Former Employee)

ProsEasy to get, especially for a high school student

ConsNot great pay, work isnt interesting.

New owner/same result

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI really don't think there are any pros. Before there were plenty of pros and was a good company to work for both at a part time and full time worker.

ConsCompany is struggling and is at an all time low. New owners/ same result: looking at the bottom line and how they can save for their own personal pockets. It's all about the gross margin profit... Management expects more with less that it just leaves their employees angered and upset.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to compete with other retail markets instead of just your basic supermarket.

I miss my shaws family

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Waterville, ME

Prosthe people you work with are great, it really makes you love the company and feels like family.

Consit does not pay enough and there are not enough hours

Advice to Senior Managementgive your good hard working employees more opportunity to advance and give them max hours.

Worked for Shaw's? Contribute to the Community!