Sheehy Auto

Updated November 6, 2014
Updated November 6, 2014
3.3

Vince Sheehy IV

Decent pay with good benefits.

Former Employee - Parts Specialist in Ashland, VA
    Former Employee - Parts Specialist in Ashland, VA

I worked at Sheehy Auto full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was average. Benefits were good. Annual family day at Kings Dominion paid for by the company. Continuous competitions with nice rewards. Coworkers were good. The opportunity to grow is there if you work for it.

Cons

Pay could have been better. Some people didn't fit their positions. Hours weren't great.

If you work that Saturday you should get a day off during the week. So you work 5 days instead of 6.

Alot of Hours! If this job had fewer hours I would stay!

Current Employee - Internet Sales in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Internet Sales in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Sheehy Auto full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The money is intoxicating if you have no other skills to rely on where else can you make 50k-75k?

Cons

Hours ..... Need to be careful of everything you say and who you say it to just like any other place you work. Its the car business and everyone wants to sell a car, sometimes that means you need to watch your back.

My advice would be to look out for your top performers and make sure they are making the money they should be. From what I have seen our pay is some of the lowest in the industry. Wish the company would take back the " your all expendable" state of mind. Health insurance is Incredibly high !!

An experience everyone should try but dont get to caught up

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Sheehy Auto full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun , cool coworkers , drive new cars , free lunch every sat , can make as much money as you are willing to work for .

Cons

rude management , 10-15 hr days 6 days a week , high stress , continuing lower pay ever year .

Easy at First

Current Employee - Sales in Gainesville, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Gainesville, VA

I have been working at Sheehy Auto full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Team, communication between managers and sales team

Cons

65+ hours
    drama
    Payroll change every few months

Wonderful Company, Great People

I have been working at Sheehy Auto full-time

Pros

Tons of support, everyone woks as a team to get the job done. Everyone has been friendly and professional and any issues are resolved quickly. Management will roll up their sleeves and work right beside you when we are extremely busy. There are a ton of opportunities to grow with the company and move up! If you put in the work, you will get recognized and appreciated. It makes for a very pleasant work environment.

Cons

I wish I got paid a little more but I just started so there is time to move up and increase my paycheck.

keep up the good work!

Long Hours.... Ok money

Current Employee - Internet Sales Specialist in Suitland, MD
    Current Employee - Internet Sales Specialist in Suitland, MD

I have been working at Sheehy Auto full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The oppurtunity to earn unlimited income without a college degree. Company paid trainbing for the 1st month or so. Established local brand name. Support from experienced management staff.

Cons

Long hours are the norm if you want to be successfull, so if you will see more of your coworkers than your family and friends. Commision based income so it is really hard to budget your money. High turnover for sales and finance staff creates distruptions in operations. Sheehy does a poor job of training and development of staff memebers so when a manangement spot opens up, they are more likely to bring someone new into the posistion than they are to promote a current staff member.

Limit pointless meetings. Schedule employees so that they can have some sort of work/life balance. Train and develop more internally so you can retain current employees.

EOE..... Not

Former Employee - Mechanic/Technician in Marlow Heights, Prince George's, MD
    Former Employee - Mechanic/Technician in Marlow Heights, Prince George's, MD

I worked at Sheehy Auto full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am a Ford Fanatic.... all i HAVE, WILL, AND EVER DRIVE/OWN. allthough 15 mi from home.... it was primarily hwy. So, good for gas.

Cons

Favortism....Service writers spoon feedin certain techs. They suppose to be a team and work together. But, u cant do that when u dont have all team players on ur payroll

Times are hard these days economically.... dont make it harder then it already is.

Great!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Sheehy Auto

Pros

Great hands on experience for emplyees.

Cons

When businness was slow hours would be cut.

Downfall of an excellent company

I have been working at Sheehy Auto

Pros

They provide decent benefits after 3 months, if you have car experience you can do pretty well on the floor, the sales management team is excellent it is the layer of management over that that sucks.

Cons

Top down leadership on a corporate scale is awful. They view every employee as expendable. They look for ways to decrease the salaries of sales team while keeping as many managers as possible

fire yourselves. Senior managment needs to look at the current economy as a business expense. If you want to cut labor costs fire those that do not produce and keep the ones that are excellent sales people happy. When the cuts to pay keep coming you lose any incentive to stay when another dealership might offer a better opportunity.