Sheetz

Sheetz Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Sheetz President and CEO Stan Sheetz

Stan Sheetz

Pros
  • Good pay for the area, benefits are decent(in 25 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are decent for a convenience gas station(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of hours, can be stressful, open 24/7 including holiday(in 11 reviews)

• open 24/7/365, mean working weird shifts sometimes(in 9 reviews)

Great to work there

ProsLove the hours during the day

ConsHate the area at night

It has changed alot

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Duncannon, PA

ProsAlways have a job, and stay busy

ConsThey make you live there

Mixed Emotions

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Canonsburg, PA

ProsMostly nice management
    Great Pay
    Corporate really cares about their workers
    New growing company

ConsThe environment is toxic: The customers can be very mean and sometimes so are your coworkers. Shifts are very frustrating for everyone in the store because of the fast pace everyone has to work at; this is fast food after all and customers want to get in and get out. Meanwhile you have to make everything fresh in that timely manner. It's almost impossible to get projects and cleaning done because of the heavy flow of customers. You can't rely on someone else to finish that project either and you almost always have to stay overtime to finish.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the big guys are doing a great job. I enjoyed the benefits offered, the chances to get the most of the job, and the little bonuses and Christmas gifts I was sent. I think this company is going far and will hopefully spread from the northeast to across the nation soon.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hell with sandwiches

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) Bridgeport, WV

ProsGood pay for the area, benefits are decent

ConsYou only get the good shifts if you are the 'bosses pet' for his precious lunch shift.
    So many people only work that one shift or get pulled from other shifts that no work gets done on 2nd and 3rd shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry working one or two 2nd or 3rd shifts to figure out what actually gets done in your stores.

It was alright.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Cranberry, PA

ProsGood pay and flexible hours. You get paid for the most random things and meetings.

ConsThe people are rude and there are no promotions. Calling off for legitimate reasons were not approved.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nicer.

ready to go

Sales Person (Current Employee) Akron, OH

ProsNice place to know people and communicate.

ConsHard work always give success in any field.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Great place to work if you aren't afraid to work hard

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits, great pay, endless opportunities for advancement, it is always BUSY and you will never ever be bored, promotions occur from within as often as possible

ConsTypical retail - customers can be annoying, there are lots of silly corporate rules, you'll be on your feet for hours running around like a madman, hours can fluctuate wildly based on the time of year, and there are never enough people to get the job done. Not a lot of work/life balance in management positions, you may work all 3 shifts in the same week. And as an assistant manager it will not be unusual to put in 60+ hours per week.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe store need to have more people working per shift. It has nothing to do with laziness on the employee's end, we WANT to deliver great customer service, but it's just impossible with the number of people working. Even if everyone is trained well and giving 150%, there's just not enough time to deliver the level of service that you expect and that we want to give.

Great place to work

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Lancaster, PA

ProsGood starting pay, nice hours to start,

ConsThey don't schedule enough people for the demand of a friday or saturday night and then it takes the toll on us.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you hire me for 32 hours, make sure I get a consistent 32 hours or more. Plus, there is no way one person should be set to make drinks and fryer. Put one person on each and two on table on busy nights. It's just insanity without.

Wonderful company to work for!

DC Driver (Current Employee) Claysburg, PA

ProsGreat schedule. great people and great pay

ConsWill gain weight from eating discounted Sheetz food lol

Sales associate

ProsGood Pay and Bonuses. good hours. time off for school

Conssome stress. Poor tattoo policy. the tuition reimbursement only works if you don't already have scholarship money

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!