Sheetz

Sheetz Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Sheetz President and CEO Stan Sheetz

Stan Sheetz

Pros:
  • "The pay and benefits are decent for a convenience gas station"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Good pay for the area, benefits are decent"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "Lots of hours, can be stressful, open 24/7 including holiday"
    in 11 reviews
  • "open 24/7/365, mean working weird shifts sometimes"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Frantic, but overall a good experience.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Johnstown, PA

ProsWorking here taught me how to work in a frantic, fast-paced environment where anything could happen. Literally anything, from shoplifters to gas pump fires. And free drinks plus half off food during your shift.

ConsThey changed the rules, procedures, and processes every other week for seemingly no reason. It seemed like upper management had no idea what working in the store was actually like.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk employees before changing the procedures!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

make the peasants feel royal

Prosfast pasted which made the time go by fast, you can get promoted within very quickly, good money

Consunderstaffing, bother constantly on days off because of call offs, & they make the peasants feel royal& I hate the way they train

Advice to Senior Managementpractice what you preach

ready to go

Sales Person (Current Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsNice place to know people and communicate.

ConsHard work always give success in any field.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful company to work for!

DC Driver (Current Employee)
    Claysburg, PA

ProsGreat schedule. great people and great pay

ConsWill gain weight from eating discounted Sheetz food lol

Sales associate

ProsGood Pay and Bonuses. good hours. time off for school

Conssome stress. Poor tattoo policy. the tuition reimbursement only works if you don't already have scholarship money

Good place if you are okay with being married to the job

Associate Store Manager (Current Employee)
    York, PA

ProsGreat pay, they treat employees very well(bonuses,PTO, benefits, vacations), and opportunity to advanced is great! They have a great training program and definitely always on the go when working. I did love my job here before I had other commitments enter my life.

ConsSalaried you will be obligated to work when their are call offs. In a high turn-over business, 12+ shifts are very common. I was married to my job at the age of 21 when I was promoted to Store Manager With bad weather, you are expected to make it in no matter what, because Sheetz does not close. This job is great for those that do no have to come home to someone at night or loves to have a life outside their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they do a great job.

Great place to work

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Lancaster, PA

ProsGood starting pay, nice hours to start,

ConsThey don't schedule enough people for the demand of a friday or saturday night and then it takes the toll on us.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you hire me for 32 hours, make sure I get a consistent 32 hours or more. Plus, there is no way one person should be set to make drinks and fryer. Put one person on each and two on table on busy nights. It's just insanity without.

Great place to work if you aren't afraid to work hard

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits, great pay, endless opportunities for advancement, it is always BUSY and you will never ever be bored, promotions occur from within as often as possible

ConsTypical retail - customers can be annoying, there are lots of silly corporate rules, you'll be on your feet for hours running around like a madman, hours can fluctuate wildly based on the time of year, and there are never enough people to get the job done. Not a lot of work/life balance in management positions, you may work all 3 shifts in the same week. And as an assistant manager it will not be unusual to put in 60+ hours per week.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe store need to have more people working per shift. It has nothing to do with laziness on the employee's end, we WANT to deliver great customer service, but it's just impossible with the number of people working. Even if everyone is trained well and giving 150%, there's just not enough time to deliver the level of service that you expect and that we want to give.

Friendships to Family

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Muncy, PA

ProsA Five Star Operation that continues to keep their finger on the pulse of their consumers with new and expanded offerings for their customers. The look and expansive new store footprints are simply amazing and welcoming for the customers. Culture is a big plus and it makes Sheetz a great place to work and grow forward if you want.

ConsThough I like it fast paced. Sheetz is an environment that many things coming at you at once and its a must to be able to multitask and keep moving. So if this is not for you. You may just wanna come in to have a meal and gas up.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the best talent is within the sales staff, and we should continue to fill the bench of the management team with these fine individuals.

Horrible!

Salesperson (Former Employee)
    Monroeville, PA

ProsNone, bad experience. Will NEVER work for Sheetz again! They let employees friends hang out for hours and never leave.

ConsPoor management! Some knew how to speak to people but two did not. Management would leave nasty notes posted on walls which is completely unprofessional! I have been in management for 11 years and have never done this immature behavior. I was not a manager for Sheetz and would never want to be either.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not only promote from within and if you do, follow up to make sure they have people skills and can delegate tasks!

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sheetz reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sheetz CEO Stan Sheetz. All 153 reviews posted anonymously by Sheetz employees.