Sheetz

Sheetz Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Sheetz President and CEO Stan Sheetz

Stan Sheetz

Pros:
  • "The pay and benefits are decent for a convenience gas station"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Good pay for the area, benefits are decent"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "Lots of hours, can be stressful, open 24/7 including holiday"
    in 11 reviews
  • "open 24/7/365, mean working weird shifts sometimes"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not a bad place to work.

ProsGood pay, great benefits, delicious food.

ConsThere is not really a lot of work/ life balance. You are nearly expected to be available 24-7-365.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of favoritism and rule bending happens, which is unnecessary in the workplace.

Poor store management in the Carolina area

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Rocky Mount, NC

ProsGood Pay, Flexible Hours for salespeople, Good benifits

ConsHard work, Long hrs w/o overtime. No Respect, Work all hollidays

Great, depending on district

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Harrisburg, PA

ProsPays well, fast paced, great benefits

ConsWork all holidays, open 24/7. No recognition if in management

Advice to Senior ManagementBe positive and give recognition to managers, not just employees

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Eh...

Salesperson (Former Employee)
    Richmond, VA

ProsDecent pay, Short Hours, Relaxed Environment,

ConsNo Consistency in Hours/Shifts
    Poor Training
    Lazy Managers

Sales employee/ cashier / sandwich maker / barista "

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Franklin, PA

ProsStability
    Benefits
    Fast Paced work environment
    Clear Expectations
    Regular Team Meetings

ConsHigh Turn over
    Late/Early Hours
    Difficult if you have Children or unexpected call offs.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing and progressing towards better, honoring, clear communication and you will have a team that serves the store and not just you.

Management matrix is a complete mess.

Stock (Current Employee)
    Harrisonburg, VA

Pros- Starts you at $9.25
    - MTO items are half-off while on-clock
    - Hard to get fired (but you're frequently berated)
    - Bonuses for regular employees - not much, but they're still something (typically $75 in my case)
    - On-the-clock breaks
    - Employee hotline, if you're harassed by other employees
    - Obligatory raises every year on your hire date for up to three years

ConsThese are problems observed at my particular store, and there's nothing to say other Sheetz can't or won't be better-managed than this one:

1. Training system is virtually nonexistent in some cases; you're dumped on the floor and expected to figure it out somehow, then management becomes irate at untrained employees for their resultant failure to meet expectations

2. Management changes rules on the fly and often does so without mentioning them until you've caused a significant problem, after which they typically express hostile frustration and resort to inveigling

3. Every manager has a different interpretation of the rules and regulations, resulting in a ping-ponging effect when different managers frequently berate employees for 'doing it wrong'; communication just doesn't exist

4. Blame isn't properly assigned to employees or managers who create problems; disorganized managers often blame regular employees for their own disorganization

5. Unless you're on 'truck' position (stock), you'll get inconsistent hours and your schedule might often take some ugly turns outside of the terms you agreed on with the scheduling manager, e.g., work twelve hours, go home for four, then come back for another twelve hours, etc.

6. Favoritism's rampant; some employees are clearly berated more than others with absurd reasons given for why (e.g., "Don't question me," "That's just the way it is," etc.)

7. Company claims to be 'for the employees', but then shoves management around to focus more on the raw numbers than the actual people maintaining the store - which might explain the abysmal management system

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's a fine line between management and arbitrary dictation. You need to regard your employees as humans, not numbers in a system.

The Hospitality at Sheets was Amazing!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Chambersburg, PA

ProsSheets offers great benefits, employee discount, and bonus checks every couple of months. Great starter job or if you are in college because they help you pay for your schooling.

ConsThere are long store ours and you are constantly doing something. You get out what you put into it.

SSheets

ProsSome of the people that you work with are great. Benefits are good if you can get the hours.

ConsInside politics are horrible. Pay is low. We are expected to get an amazing amount of work done without the proper amount of employees on the floor.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the employees a living wage. Give us more help on the floor. Stop adding things to the menu and changing procedures.

good employer

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Frederick, MD

ProsGood pay, great opportunity for advancement

Conslong hours, not much else

Sheetz is a great place to work , I love meeting new faces and assisting people's needs in the best way possible.

Hourly Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Henderson, NC

ProsWorking at sheetz gives you the chance to experience new things and new faces. It also helps you out with continuing education as well as offering great benefits.

ConsThe sheetz promos are very confusing to some customers. Everyone should have the same promo item each month for less confusion to the customer and the employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe employees believe that our wants and needs are also important at sheetz. I think the nail policy should be reinforced if a female like myself is wearing gloves to make an order I feel like I should be able to at least wear a clear or light color polish on my easily breakable nails. We constantly wash our hands which makes my situation worse . If tattoos and tongue rings are permitted why can't nail polish be.?

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sheetz reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sheetz CEO Stan Sheetz. All 153 reviews posted anonymously by Sheetz employees.