Sheetz Reviews

Updated August 21, 2014

3.9

Sheetz President and CEO Stan Sheetz
Stan Sheetz

Pros
  • Good pay for the area, benefits are decent (in 25 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are decent for a convenience gas station (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of hours, can be stressful, open 24/7 including holiday (in 11 reviews)

• open 24/7/365, mean working weird shifts sometimes (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing Employer and Company

Current Employee - Salesperson  in  Pottsville, PA
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Pottsville, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time for less than a year

Pros

My store-level management is amazing- supportive, encouraging, and positive. They do not dwell over mistakes and the company as a whole has been very receptive to both customer and employee feedback. They have been extremely understanding and flexible with scheduling. The team is, for the most part, extremely friendly and willing to help each other out. Overall, this is the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Shifts can change at a moments notice due to call-offs and you are often brought in on your day off. You can also be expected to work opposing shifts that make it hard to have a personal life and stable routine. It is the nature of the job though- fast-paced, energetic, and sometimes chaotic. Sometimes, there is a lack of communication between management staff that can result in misunderstandings and problems. The job is often stressful for both management and team members which causes tension.

Recognize that your employees are working incredibly hard to bring your vision for this company to life. Once you become familiar with a shift it becomes as if you are locked into it and it is hard to convince management to move onto another one.

Notthe worst place to be

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Monroeville, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Monroeville, PA

I worked at Sheetz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people were great and the constant keeping busy was nice.

Cons

When management would play favorites and be unfair with scheduling and job assignments.

A decent company

Former Employee - Sheetz Salesperson
    Former Employee - Sheetz Salesperson

I worked at Sheetz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent Atmosphere, Easy job, okay hours. Calling off is real easy, management has no problem trying to work with you. Most of the managers were fun to work for.

Cons

a "family" company doesn't always mean it's a good thing. Had a friend get fired over a satanic comment on the company's employee forums, so if you're against god, don't say anything.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Sheetz Salesperson  in  Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Current Employee - Sheetz Salesperson in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay. Great benefits. Workers like a family. Half price food while in store and free drinks to even take home. Bonuses and extras. Room for advancement. No getting bubble butt sitting at a desk all day.

Cons

Work very hard in a fast paced environment. Training and getting to know the store takes a long time.

Training system could be much better.

At Sheetz, You're a Member of a Family

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor

I worked at Sheetz full-time

Pros

Cohesive atmosphere - it is easy to get along with everyone both in work and social settings
    Fair pay + bonuses
    Great benefits at minimal costs
    Scheduling is done three weeks in advance and covering shifts is decently easy
    Great customers
    Fun place to work

Cons

It is difficult to move from store-level to corporate
    Promotions often require relocation
    Occasional inconsistent treatment of employees

Trust your team, they usually know what they're doing. After all, you likely trained them.

Great part-time job, location dependent but all around good position.

Current Employee - Salesperson  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Sheetz part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wage increases each year, flexible hours and schedules, decent management and everyone is treated well. There is a good call off policy and numerous opportunities to move up within the company if you want to.

Cons

Some co-workers can be quite lazy or rude, hours fluctuate each week and when you work fluctuates as well.There is sometimes a general disregard for other shift times wherein other shifts have to pick up slack from lazy employees. Each store is vastly different though so it's hard to generalize.

Recognize hard work regardless of tenure with the company.

good pay, but...

Current Employee - Salesperson  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Sheetz full-time for more than a year

Pros

pay and benefits are decent

Cons

A lot more to get done working 3rd shift and less employees.. First shift gets all of the hours even with second shift being the busiest.

You keep mentioning "total customer focus", and "hospitality", yet don't want to spend the extra money for more employees per shift for us to fully be able to give this to customers.

Decent pay. Horrible boss

I worked at Sheetz full-time

Pros

OKAY job if you're in college and looking for something part time. They pay well for part time. This job can literally suck so much at times, but it is motivation to finish school :). Employee for 4+ years.

Cons

None of the coworkers have any life goals. I was looked down on for going to school and bettering myself. I heard multiple times throughout my college career, from management and workers alike that I was wasting my time going to school. They told me that I'd never find a job and blah blah blah. Funny now that I have a salary job that I love doing and they're stuck making MTO's. Be aware that before you take a job like this that the coworkers have little to no ambition and do not respond well to others success. (This may have been an isolated issue to my Sheetz)

Leave your personal problems at home. Just because you had a bad day, there is absolutely no justifiable reason to take it out on your employees. I worked here for over 4 years and I've never been more happy quitting. I am finally happy again. The negative atmosphere is not a place that breeds success.

Message to upper management: You claim Sheetz is a family company, yet you take employees away from their families on EVERY holiday so you can make more money. Also, you do not work holidays.... Hmmm, HYPOCRITICAL.

Good college job

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Keyser, WV
    Former Employee - Cashier in Keyser, WV

I worked at Sheetz part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly co-workers, fair wage for the job. Leadership varies from store to store

Cons

Working with people can always be a challenge. It has its moments.

GREAT PLACE TO WORK.

Current Employee - Sheetz Salesperson  in  Goldsboro, NC
    Current Employee - Sheetz Salesperson in Goldsboro, NC

I have been working at Sheetz part-time for less than a year

Pros

I love that we get paid breaks and that the pay is good too! I've met Adam SHEETZ recently he was sooo nice and down to earth! Best job I have had to date. Looking forward to helping the company reach its goals.

Cons

Workload could be a little much but it keeps you busy and that's never a bad thing. There are some personality clashes. Sometimes Co workers like to compete instead of work as a team but you probably find that anywhere you work.

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!