Sheetz Reviews

Reset

1. Salesperson

Current Employee - Sheetz Salesperson in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sheetz Salesperson in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Sheetz part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun co-workers, usually flexible scheduling, good food, great discount on food while on the clock, willingness to teach each other new things, and leniency with how you can act during your shift. You can have fun at work!

Cons

Constantly understaffed for overnight shifts, all requests for multiple days off are accepted instead of negotiated, lately I've been held hostage by the store's situation with only few employees and have not been able to change my availability to what I need to so that I can succeed in college. All of the female overnight employees share a common ex boyfriend (who also works overnights) and they don't get along, which makes the mood negative, and makes it a hard shift to deal with.

Advice to Management

Don't let applicants come to you. Go get them. Go to job fairs, go to colleges and promote yourselves. Go on a hiring spree, so that you can succeed with ease instead of constantly wondering if someone's shift will be covered

2. Sales associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Myerstown, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Myerstown, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, 401k, stock, bonuses

Cons

Open All day every day of the year

3. Shift Supervisor

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, contributes to 401k, plenty of PTO for full time.

Cons

Can work long hours if call offs, might not have consistent work schedule and favoritism at store level.

Advice to Management

Keep everything fair and check up on the management and their doings at store level.

Good company but hours were hard

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

Great people Good benefits Every 5 years of service company held an event with food drinks over night stay at 7 springs

Cons

Working swing shifts. Working all 3 different shifts in one week Mean managers

6. Supervisor

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Kent, OH
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Kent, OH

I worked at Sheetz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, friendly people, nice bonuses, good food, half price while working (could be better)

Cons

Horrible hours, working severely understaffed on Saturday midnight shifts, constantly covering shifts, extreme favoritism, management doesn't take care of bad situations and favors those they like more, I've been asked multiple times to continue working off the clock bc mgr didn't want to pay me overtime, never felt appreciated but always knew when I did something wrong.

Advice to Management

Be fair, handle situations when they are brought to your attention, give more positive feedback rather than only focusing on the bad. Don't date your employees....

7. Salesperson

I have been working at Sheetz part-time

Pros

Family owned company. Great pay and benefits. All stores follow guidelines that lead to exceptional cleanliness. You definitely feel the love being part of the sheetz family.

Cons

Lower management sometimes treat people crappy. Hours can vary from week to week. Almost never guaranteed full time unless availability is wide open or you're part of management.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I've worked for sheetz for 8 years and it's come a long way since then. I see nothing but success in the future.

8. Sheetz

Current Employee - Salesperson in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Bethlehem, PA

Pros

pay is better than other gas station jobs, and the benefits are okay, half off of food when clocked in

Cons

Horrible environment, favoritism, unsafe working conditions due to teenagers overtaking the parking lot and fighting

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and reward those who go above and beyond, get rid of all the gangs that hang outside the store

9. Not a friendly company to be employed for

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor

I worked at Sheetz (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, 401k, vacation and personal day, and pleasant customers.

Cons

Very stressful work environment which makes for unhappy employees. Many people would complain about not taking breaking because of how busy and understaffed it would become. Unhappy, exhausted employees are not very productive. Many issues within my store that were ignored by HR. Favoritism, management dating employees, two types of harassment, and also discrimination against people with mental illness occurred.Often times one person took the fault for a whole teams' mistake, or only one person would be disciplined versus producing an effective plan for the team to succeed. In my store, certain tasks would fall on one shift or a singular person, making the store unaware of Sheetz procedures and standards. Letting go assets of our team for unfair reasons, and keeping toxic team members around. Many supervisors allow stealing nightly because they are too afraid to stop them or call authorities, and inventory effected our bonuses. I recently caught a thief. I went on vacation and other supervisors saw them while I was gone, but did nothing about it, I had to resolve issue when I returned a week later.. I am glad I do not work a company that does not care about every employee equally, and does not investigate situations properly.

Advice to Management

Not every place is the same, but my advice is to be more aware of what happens in the store. Listen to your employees when they voice concern because Sheetz wants their employees happier punching in than out. Make your employee feel appreciated for their hard work and dedication. Teach understanding about mental illness instead of penalizing someone for taking an extra 5 minutes of break for anxiety issues/panic attacks, especially when being harassed by other coworkers.

10. just a little bit about sheetz

Pros

good pay. flexible schedules. encourages strong work harmony.

Cons

Its a combination of working at a fast food restaurant and a gas station.

11. Really cares about employees

Current Employee - Team Member in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company pays competitive wages for the type of work, and managers are usually very good about working with hectic schedules. The company is famous for hiring from within, and if you're willing to commute or relocate, there are many opportunities to relocate. This is a great job for students, because they do offer reimbursement for working a minimum of 15 hours AVERAGED for a certain amount of time. This is less commitment than my work study position.

Cons

It's still a job at a gas station. The customers can be nasty, and you're on your feet all day long. You handle large amounts of money, and share drawers with coworkers, which I've always been wary about. The worst part of this job is taking out the trash, and even that hasn't been too bad.

RSS Feed </> Embed