Sheetz Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Decent Job

I have been working at Sheetz full-time

Pros

Lots of hours available, decent pay, discounted break food, dress code is reasonable, shifts go fast.

Cons

A downside for me personally was the facial hair policy, you must be clean shaven. Sometimes you must work 7 or 8 days in a row which can get tiring.

Advice to Management

Train more competent employees. Ive seen a lot of irresponsible managers in my time with the company.

2. A solid job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Sheetz

Pros

Pay is well above average relative to similar jobs. Company treats employees well overall, and there always opportunities for advancement.

Cons

The work can get repetitive and menial, customers are not always pleasant either. You must be able to stand on your feet for 90% of your shift as well.

Advice to Management

Not too much. Be careful with pushing employees too hard. Lately i feel like the jobs associated with this job have gotten more complex throughout the years. That by itself is ok but at the same time the company wants the employees to be faster and more productive.

3. Not terrible

I worked at Sheetz part-time

Pros

Good starting wage, good part time job

Cons

Stressful, can be pretty dirty

5. I got suckered in

Former Employee - Salesperson in Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Salesperson in Erie, PA

I worked at Sheetz part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers (for the most part), employee discount (only while working) is nice. QA bonuses and holiday pay rates are great. I really did not have many pros working at this employer.

Cons

Raises for only a few years, and everyone makes the same amount regardless of how well they work. The managers crack the whip and expect you to work four times faster than you are humanly capable to do. You're also not allowed to take bathroom breaks that pull you from your work for more than a minute at a time....

Advice to Management

Go easy on your employees. They are humans, not machines. When someone is going as fast as they can, yelling at them to go faster is only going to mess them up, not actually make them go faster.

6. awesome

I worked at Sheetz part-time

Pros

Above minimum wage, annual raises, offers benefits, flexible schedule

Cons

As long as your manager is decent, it's not a bad gig. The company treats their employees very well.

Great Company , with positive enviroment

I have been working at Sheetz

Pros

great company, fun people, positive enviroment

Cons

low pay for me, but otherwise none

8. Best in nc not so best

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Sheetz part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, best hard working people to work with. Drama free.

Cons

Sometimes not enough people to cover the busiest shifts especially weekend's. I know how to run the kitchen very well, and had supervisors that have me doing the work that they don't know how to do. Lasy management, store manager tells a manager to do some tasks, and they only turn around and make kitchen staff do it.

Advice to Management

Promote within, people that actually know what to do. Have had new management not previous sheetz employees so the employees already there already know the stuff that has to be done so regular sales staff has to teach management..not ok.

9. Great Company

I worked at Sheetz

Pros

Treat their employees with respect and give them great benefits

Cons

Their were not cons working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

10. Sales Person

Former Employee - Salesperson in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Salesperson in Frederick, MD

I worked at Sheetz part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in the MTO area most of the time, which I really enjoyed because I was constantly busy. Staying busy definitely made time go by much faster. I started at $10 an hour, which is a pretty decent amount where I live. I also will say that Sheetz does do a very great job at making sure all of the food products are up to date and safe to eat. Everything was constantly being cleaned and checked for the safety of the customers.

Cons

The management was TERRIBLE. The only thing the managers were concerned about was getting the highest scores when the "secret shoppers" came in. One employee forgot to put a sauce on a sandwich a secret shopper ordered, so because of that the store lost points. Later at a meeting the managers pointed out directly what employee forgot the sauce and treated the employee extremely rude for days afterwards. Seriously? I was in a car accident and was told by my doctor not to return to work for AT LEAST a week. When I called in and told a manager the only thing they said was "Well you need to bring in a doctors note as soon as possible cause otherwise you could get fired." The managers were not concerned about the employees, they were only concerned with being the BEST store possible. Also, after you turn 18 you no longer get a 30 minute break, but instead you get a 20 minute break. This means that for an 8 hour shift (which usually goes beyond that time if things need to be done) you will be standing on your feet for 7 hours and 40 minutes.

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to the managers you higher and stop making stores compete with each other to get the best scores on everything! A new system needs to be incorporated.

11. Good company

Current Employee - Salesperson in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Sheetz (More than a year)

Pros

My manager was very flexible and the pay was good v

Cons

Different management styles and some employees thinking they could tell you what to do

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone is on the same page

RSS Feed </> Embed