Sheetz

Updated December 5, 2014
3.8

Sheetz President and CEO Stan Sheetz
Stan Sheetz

Pros
  • Good pay for the area, benefits are decent (in 27 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are decent for a convenience gas station (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of hours, can be stressful, open 24/7 including holiday (in 12 reviews)

• open 24/7/365, mean working weird shifts sometimes (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Great part-time job, location dependent but all around good position.

Current Employee - Salesperson in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Sheetz part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wage increases each year, flexible hours and schedules, decent management and everyone is treated well. There is a good call off policy and numerous opportunities to move up within the company if you want to.

Cons

Some co-workers can be quite lazy or rude, hours fluctuate each week and when you work fluctuates as well.There is sometimes a general disregard for other shift times wherein other shifts have to pick up slack from lazy employees. Each store is vastly different though so it's hard to generalize.

Recognize hard work regardless of tenure with the company.

good pay, but...

Current Employee - Salesperson in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

pay and benefits are decent

Cons

A lot more to get done working 3rd shift and less employees.. First shift gets all of the hours even with second shift being the busiest.

You keep mentioning "total customer focus", and "hospitality", yet don't want to spend the extra money for more employees per shift for us to fully be able to give this to customers.

Good college job

Former Employee - Cashier in Keyser, WV
    Former Employee - Cashier in Keyser, WV

I worked at Sheetz part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly co-workers, fair wage for the job. Leadership varies from store to store

Cons

Working with people can always be a challenge. It has its moments.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA

I worked at Sheetz part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay, bonuses, benefits, good hours

Cons

hard to move up, very strict rules and regulations, stressfull

GREAT PLACE TO WORK.

Current Employee - Sheetz Salesperson in Goldsboro, NC
    Current Employee - Sheetz Salesperson in Goldsboro, NC

I have been working at Sheetz part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love that we get paid breaks and that the pay is good too! I've met Adam SHEETZ recently he was sooo nice and down to earth! Best job I have had to date. Looking forward to helping the company reach its goals.

Cons

Workload could be a little much but it keeps you busy and that's never a bad thing. There are some personality clashes. Sometimes Co workers like to compete instead of work as a team but you probably find that anywhere you work.

Great Culture and Work Environment!

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sheetz goes out of their way to hire positive, fun employees and the management is great! It's the first job I've had where everyone's voice is truly heard. I had a chance to meet and speak with multiple members of the Sheetz family even as just a shift supervisor. They are really in touch with their company, and they really, really care about the employees.

Cons

Work load and expectations are outrageous.

Better training would be great, but otherwise great job!

Never boring!

Current Employee - Salesperson in Wheeling, WV
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Wheeling, WV

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is one of the few places I have worked where they say their focus is on the customer and they mean it! Working at Sheetz, I have never found myself in the position of having to choose between doing right by the customer and following company policy.
         The management is responsive to your needs for specific days off and can usually work your schedule around them, given reasonable notice. The work is fast paced, but not physically demanding. There are a lot of varied tasks, so it doesn't get boring.
         Training is via a program called Z-Force, a computer delivered, interactive system that gives you an overview and detailed instruction for the tasks that you will be working on with an experienced staff member. The combination of instruction followed by hands on practice is especially useful for making sure everyone is following the same procedures. It also makes you feel more confident when tackling the job for the first time.
         The management is very helpful and supportive. Pay is higher than usual for this type of job and increments happen automatically on your anniversary date. Benefits are generous and are available to full timers (32 hrs) at 3 months. This company also offers benefits to part timers (20 hours) after 2 years of service. Another plus is that this company offers paid vacation time to all employees after their first year; the amount being based on your average weekly hours.

Cons

Every workforce has personality clashes. The management at my store does everything possible to keep them to a minimum, without making anyone feel pressured. The only thing I can identify as a negative would be the schedule. When a store is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, somebody is going to have to work a holiday or an awkward shift or two. That is the downside of working retail.

Great Company to Work for!

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sheetz is a great company to work for with a great culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities.

Cons

When you are a member of salary management at times you put way to many hours in. The five days of work most my time is spent at my store. Also, the bonus needs to be allocated differently Assistants only get ten percent of what the Store manager makes but yet some Assistants do most the work while the Stroe manager just "oversees" the operation.

Change the allocation of the Bonus between Assistant Manager and Store Manager.

Best company to work for, hands down!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bellwood, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bellwood, PA

I worked at Sheetz part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sheetz goes above and beyond to make sure customers have a great experience, so they teach their employees the importance of extraordinary customer service. They also have a great reward system so hard workers and dedicated employees are recognized for their work.

Cons

Fast-paced environment so if you have a hard time keeping up, it's probably not for you. Always introducing new ideas and food items.

One of the worst places to work in

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Sheetz

Pros

Pay rate is great, discounts are 50% and most people are great to work with

Cons

Terrible management, people are treated unfairly and are taken for granted.

Treat your employees with the respect they deserve. Speaking to them and treating them like trash is not professional. Obviously some management should not be in that position in the first place. I've worked at many different stores and saw the same issue in all of them. Problem is the main bosses picking their favorites. Once they know they are, obviously they start to slack off and blame others for their lack of work. I'm am disgusted at some because of the negative things they say about their employees. Sheetz should definitley not be one of the best places to work for. Absolutely nothing more then drama, gossip and favorites. To ever make it ahead in this company, it's not based on performance but it has to do with who's butt your kissing to make it there. Not even a handful follow the rules like they should. Some managers can get away with anything, even calling their employees retards. I absolutely love my job and what I do but I hate working under people who don't appreciate others work and are disrespectful.

Sheetz Photos