Sheetz Reviews

Updated October 11, 2014
3.8

Sheetz President and CEO Stan Sheetz
Stan Sheetz

Pros
  • Good pay for the area, benefits are decent (in 26 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are decent for a convenience gas station (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of hours, can be stressful, open 24/7 including holiday (in 12 reviews)

• open 24/7/365, mean working weird shifts sometimes (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

All in all, it was a great middle-man

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Shoemakersville, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Shoemakersville, PA

I worked at Sheetz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers, Company values are top notch, Great benefits and paid time-off, great pay for the younger generations

Cons

24-hr scheduling was intense if you had your availability open, but if you didn't have open-availability they would punish you by docking your hours each week, management was very quick to punish and very slow to reward

Don't make the employee surveys affect the bonuses that each store gets. Everybody lies on them to be able to get a good bonus.

Fun job, but fast paced. Not for everyone.

Current Employee - Sales Associate, Former Assistant in Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate, Former Assistant in Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A great company to work for. Very flexible with hours. I have worked at many different stores and districts over the past 10 years. And each store is quite a bit different and the customers are usually friendly. Always something to do to keep you busy, usually get along with most of the employees.

Cons

Very strict tattoo policy. In the Northern VA area it is hard for stores to get consistent management in place.

In the store atmosphere the management needs to be more consistent and be on the same page. I have been at many stores in Northern VA and that is the main thing that is lacking. Also, more communication among the employees from management.

It's just ok.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very busy place to work, so your shift usually flies by. A lot of the customers are repeat customers, so you get to know a lot of them by name & look forward to seeing them everyday....you, also, know which ones you want to avoid...lol

Cons

Unless you work strictly day shift, the hrs stink. 3p-mid; 4p - 2a; 3a - 11a... Also, they are understaffed on 2nd shift & weekends, mostly. There are usually only 3 people working from 3p-9p & then it's 2 til mid. It's impossible to get anything done except to wait on the customer, which isn't enough because the cooler needs stocked, the garbage needs done, dishes need done....& then you get a bus & then everyone working needs their break...yeah, right! Basically, you busy your butt all night, only for the next shift to come in & complain that you didn't do enough.

If your so worried about customer service & hospitality, give your stores more hours & more people on a shift so that they can at least take a decent break on their 9hr. shift & work on the task list that you think we need cuz clearly we don't have enough to do..maybe we wouldn't need a hospitality class then. It's not fun making drinks, subs, running the fryer, & waiting on the customer when there is only 2 people working

Great place to work

I have been working at Sheetz

Pros

environment, management, the job itself

Cons

sometimes bad locations, not very large bonuses unless you're management

Good experience, but a crazy boss

Current Employee - Hourly Sales Associate in Great Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Hourly Sales Associate in Great Mills, MD

I have been working at Sheetz part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is great! You get a decent bonus every three months and a guaranteed 50 cent raise every year for the first three years. There's an anonymous hotline if you have any issues too.

Cons

By boss is getting pretty old and so is her attitude. It seems like a lot of the management at the other stores isn't always as great as you'd like them to be (favoritism, etc.) But in a low level job like this, what do you expect?

Remind your store managers to not flip out at employees over stupid things. We're doing the best we can with what we've got. And the constant changes and updates don't help.

Frantic, but overall a good experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Johnstown, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Johnstown, PA

I worked at Sheetz part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working here taught me how to work in a frantic, fast-paced environment where anything could happen. Literally anything, from shoplifters to gas pump fires. And free drinks plus half off food during your shift.

Cons

They changed the rules, procedures, and processes every other week for seemingly no reason. It seemed like upper management had no idea what working in the store was actually like.

Ask employees before changing the procedures!

Great to work there

I have been working at Sheetz

Pros

Love the hours during the day

Cons

Hate the area at night

It has changed alot

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Duncannon, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Duncannon, PA

I worked at Sheetz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Always have a job, and stay busy

Cons

They make you live there

Mixed Emotions

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Canonsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Canonsburg, PA

I worked at Sheetz part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Mostly nice management
    Great Pay
    Corporate really cares about their workers
    New growing company

Cons

The environment is toxic: The customers can be very mean and sometimes so are your coworkers. Shifts are very frustrating for everyone in the store because of the fast pace everyone has to work at; this is fast food after all and customers want to get in and get out. Meanwhile you have to make everything fresh in that timely manner. It's almost impossible to get projects and cleaning done because of the heavy flow of customers. You can't rely on someone else to finish that project either and you almost always have to stay overtime to finish.

I think the big guys are doing a great job. I enjoyed the benefits offered, the chances to get the most of the job, and the little bonuses and Christmas gifts I was sent. I think this company is going far and will hopefully spread from the northeast to across the nation soon.

Hell with sandwiches

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Bridgeport, WV
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Bridgeport, WV

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay for the area, benefits are decent

Cons

You only get the good shifts if you are the 'bosses pet' for his precious lunch shift.
    So many people only work that one shift or get pulled from other shifts that no work gets done on 2nd and 3rd shifts.

Try working one or two 2nd or 3rd shifts to figure out what actually gets done in your stores.

Sheetz Photos