Sheetz Reviews

Updated September 24, 2014
3.9

Sheetz President and CEO Stan Sheetz
Stan Sheetz

Pros
  • Good pay for the area, benefits are decent (in 26 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are decent for a convenience gas station (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of hours, can be stressful, open 24/7 including holiday (in 12 reviews)

• open 24/7/365, mean working weird shifts sometimes (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Sheetz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good starting pay, nice hours to start,

Cons

They don't schedule enough people for the demand of a friday or saturday night and then it takes the toll on us.

If you hire me for 32 hours, make sure I get a consistent 32 hours or more. Plus, there is no way one person should be set to make drinks and fryer. Put one person on each and two on table on busy nights. It's just insanity without.

Wonderful company to work for!

Current Employee - DC Driver  in  Claysburg, PA
    Current Employee - DC Driver in Claysburg, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great schedule. great people and great pay

Cons

Will gain weight from eating discounted Sheetz food lol

Good place if you are okay with being married to the job

Current Employee - Associate Store Manager  in  York, PA
    Current Employee - Associate Store Manager in York, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay, they treat employees very well(bonuses,PTO, benefits, vacations), and opportunity to advanced is great! They have a great training program and definitely always on the go when working. I did love my job here before I had other commitments enter my life.

Cons

Salaried you will be obligated to work when their are call offs. In a high turn-over business, 12+ shifts are very common. I was married to my job at the age of 21 when I was promoted to Store Manager With bad weather, you are expected to make it in no matter what, because Sheetz does not close. This job is great for those that do no have to come home to someone at night or loves to have a life outside their job.

I think they do a great job.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales associate

I have been working at Sheetz part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Pay and Bonuses. good hours. time off for school

Cons

some stress. Poor tattoo policy. the tuition reimbursement only works if you don't already have scholarship money

Friendships to Family

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Muncy, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Muncy, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time for more than a year

Pros

A Five Star Operation that continues to keep their finger on the pulse of their consumers with new and expanded offerings for their customers. The look and expansive new store footprints are simply amazing and welcoming for the customers. Culture is a big plus and it makes Sheetz a great place to work and grow forward if you want.

Cons

Though I like it fast paced. Sheetz is an environment that many things coming at you at once and its a must to be able to multitask and keep moving. So if this is not for you. You may just wanna come in to have a meal and gas up.

Some of the best talent is within the sales staff, and we should continue to fill the bench of the management team with these fine individuals.

It was alright.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Cranberry, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cranberry, PA

I worked at Sheetz part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay and flexible hours. You get paid for the most random things and meetings.

Cons

The people are rude and there are no promotions. Calling off for legitimate reasons were not approved.

Be nicer.

make the peasants feel royal

I have been working at Sheetz

Pros

fast pasted which made the time go by fast, you can get promoted within very quickly, good money

Cons

understaffing, bother constantly on days off because of call offs, & they make the peasants feel royal& I hate the way they train

practice what you preach

Very respectable company that promotes from within

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are always higher positions available and Sheetz prefers to hire from within. Fortune 100 Best Places to Work 2014. Quarterly bonuses. Higher than average pay. GREAT benefits, even for part-timers.

Cons

Can sometimes get pretty hectic and busy. Can experience "burn out" and times.

To corporate: Consider giving more hours to stores. Your employees will feel less burnt out. Also your customers will be more likely to receive their orders in a timely manner. It's very difficult to get orders out quickly on a Saturday third shift with one supervisor and two employees. Especially when there are 20+ people waiting.

Contract support

I have been working at Sheetz as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

Hard working ownership expecting the same from employees and contractors as they themselves demonstrate.

Cons

Mid level management manipulations of information to executive levels of current needs at store and operational support levels, in order to insure larger bonuses for themselves now, while problems get pushed to the budget of another department, but ultimately affecting the overall company's cost savings objective

Sheetz is a wonderful company but has become a very large ship to navigate as efficiently as it once did, where better understanding of the engine room operational tactics, from the ship's bridge (command center) is important now more than ever.

In the retail industry, Sheetz ranks better than average as a company.

Current Employee - Salesperson (Previously Shift Supervisor, I Year)  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Salesperson (Previously Shift Supervisor, I Year) in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-higher than minimum wage
    -opportunities to advance
    -benefits such as health insurance, 401K, quarterly bonuses, vacation time, employee recognition events

Cons

-abnormal schedule
    -open 24/7/365 (good for getting hours, not good for having a "normal" life)
    -encountered bad attitudes from some (not all) co-workers and managers

Be accountable and lead by example. If you work hard, others will follow. Be the clear leader, not boss, of the store and make it known that there will be consequences, as well as rewards, to behavior and work.

Sheetz Photos

+ Add Photo

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!