Sheetz

www.sheetz.com
Profile Unclaimed

Good if you like to be on your feet

Current Employee - Salesperson
    Current Employee - Salesperson

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

1. Great benefits
    2. Get starting pay and a 50 cent raise every year
    3. 50% off food while on the clock
    4. Free coffee and fountain drinks.
    5. You meet really interesting people.

Cons

1. Hours. They can vary on the time of year
    2. Call offs. There are a lot my phone is full of texts saying X called off do you want to come in?
    3. Sometimes I feel like the labor I do isn't worth my current wage
    4. Under-staffing expect to not be enough employees on your shift
    5. Constant changing of polices to make work more difficult
    6. Holidays Being 24/7/365 meaning that you work on all holidays. While the higher ups get to stay home and enjoy their holidays
    7. Same radio in every sheetz store. If you don't like hearing the same 15 songs over and over again this isn't the place for you

Higher ups need to listen to store level more
    Try asking employees if a new police or changing procedures is a good idea
    Closing the kitchen on holidays

Amazing Employer and Company

Current Employee - Salesperson in Pottsville, PA
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Pottsville, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My store-level management is amazing- supportive, encouraging, and positive. They do not dwell over mistakes and the company as a whole has been very receptive to both customer and employee feedback. They have been extremely understanding and flexible with scheduling. The team is, for the most part, extremely friendly and willing to help each other out. Overall, this is the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Shifts can change at a moments notice due to call-offs and you are often brought in on your day off. You can also be expected to work opposing shifts that make it hard to have a personal life and stable routine. It is the nature of the job though- fast-paced, energetic, and sometimes chaotic. Sometimes, there is a lack of communication between management staff that can result in misunderstandings and problems. The job is often stressful for both management and team members which causes tension.

Recognize that your employees are working incredibly hard to bring your vision for this company to life. Once you become familiar with a shift it becomes as if you are locked into it and it is hard to convince management to move onto another one.

One of the worst places to work in

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Sheetz

Pros

Pay rate is great, discounts are 50% and most people are great to work with

Cons

Terrible management, people are treated unfairly and are taken for granted.

Treat your employees with the respect they deserve. Speaking to them and treating them like trash is not professional. Obviously some management should not be in that position in the first place. I've worked at many different stores and saw the same issue in all of them. Problem is the main bosses picking their favorites. Once they know they are, obviously they start to slack off and blame others for their lack of work. I'm am disgusted at some because of the negative things they say about their employees. Sheetz should definitley not be one of the best places to work for. Absolutely nothing more then drama, gossip and favorites. To ever make it ahead in this company, it's not based on performance but it has to do with who's butt your kissing to make it there. Not even a handful follow the rules like they should. Some managers can get away with anything, even calling their employees retards. I absolutely love my job and what I do but I hate working under people who don't appreciate others work and are disrespectful.

Notthe worst place to be

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Monroeville, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Monroeville, PA

I worked at Sheetz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people were great and the constant keeping busy was nice.

Cons

When management would play favorites and be unfair with scheduling and job assignments.

A decent company

Former Employee - Sheetz Salesperson
    Former Employee - Sheetz Salesperson

I worked at Sheetz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent Atmosphere, Easy job, okay hours. Calling off is real easy, management has no problem trying to work with you. Most of the managers were fun to work for.

Cons

a "family" company doesn't always mean it's a good thing. Had a friend get fired over a satanic comment on the company's employee forums, so if you're against god, don't say anything.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Sheetz Salesperson in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Current Employee - Sheetz Salesperson in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Great benefits. Workers like a family. Half price food while in store and free drinks to even take home. Bonuses and extras. Room for advancement. No getting bubble butt sitting at a desk all day.

Cons

Work very hard in a fast paced environment. Training and getting to know the store takes a long time.

Training system could be much better.

At Sheetz, You're a Member of a Family

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor

I worked at Sheetz full-time

Pros

Cohesive atmosphere - it is easy to get along with everyone both in work and social settings
    Fair pay + bonuses
    Great benefits at minimal costs
    Scheduling is done three weeks in advance and covering shifts is decently easy
    Great customers
    Fun place to work

Cons

It is difficult to move from store-level to corporate
    Promotions often require relocation
    Occasional inconsistent treatment of employees

Trust your team, they usually know what they're doing. After all, you likely trained them.

Great part-time job, location dependent but all around good position.

Current Employee - Salesperson in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Sheetz part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wage increases each year, flexible hours and schedules, decent management and everyone is treated well. There is a good call off policy and numerous opportunities to move up within the company if you want to.

Cons

Some co-workers can be quite lazy or rude, hours fluctuate each week and when you work fluctuates as well.There is sometimes a general disregard for other shift times wherein other shifts have to pick up slack from lazy employees. Each store is vastly different though so it's hard to generalize.

Recognize hard work regardless of tenure with the company.

good pay, but...

Current Employee - Salesperson in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

pay and benefits are decent

Cons

A lot more to get done working 3rd shift and less employees.. First shift gets all of the hours even with second shift being the busiest.

You keep mentioning "total customer focus", and "hospitality", yet don't want to spend the extra money for more employees per shift for us to fully be able to give this to customers.

Decent pay. Horrible boss

I worked at Sheetz full-time

Pros

OKAY job if you're in college and looking for something part time. They pay well for part time. This job can literally suck so much at times, but it is motivation to finish school :). Employee for 4+ years.

Cons

None of the coworkers have any life goals. I was looked down on for going to school and bettering myself. I heard multiple times throughout my college career, from management and workers alike that I was wasting my time going to school. They told me that I'd never find a job and blah blah blah. Funny now that I have a salary job that I love doing and they're stuck making MTO's. Be aware that before you take a job like this that the coworkers have little to no ambition and do not respond well to others success. (This may have been an isolated issue to my Sheetz)

Leave your personal problems at home. Just because you had a bad day, there is absolutely no justifiable reason to take it out on your employees. I worked here for over 4 years and I've never been more happy quitting. I am finally happy again. The negative atmosphere is not a place that breeds success.

Message to upper management: You claim Sheetz is a family company, yet you take employees away from their families on EVERY holiday so you can make more money. Also, you do not work holidays.... Hmmm, HYPOCRITICAL.

Sheetz Photos