Sheetz

Sheetz Reviews in Richmond, VA

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Sheetz President and CEO Stan Sheetz

Stan Sheetz

Pros
  • Good pay for the area, benefits are decent(in 25 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are decent for a convenience gas station(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of hours, can be stressful, open 24/7 including holiday(in 11 reviews)

• open 24/7/365, mean working weird shifts sometimes(in 9 reviews)

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsPay, bonuses, benefits, good hours

Conshard to move up, very strict rules and regulations, stressfull

Eh...

Salesperson (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsDecent pay, Short Hours, Relaxed Environment,

ConsNo Consistency in Hours/Shifts
    Poor Training
    Lazy Managers

Great place to work.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsOur culture, our family values and connections with the community. We have great people and customers can't get enough. We are a great place to work!

ConsIt sometimes feels like we bite off more than we can chew as a company with too many roll outs at once. It's hard to keep up and perfect each new thing. We are fast paced, and always changing but we need to keep up the moral and make sure everyone has sufficient training to make sure we all have pride in what we do.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more hours to work with to develop our people and work on connections. More realistic training programs for new employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pays the bills, but it's not something you would want to make a career of.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThe insurance benefits offer great coverage and are pretty inexpensive. The staff is very close-knit and for the most part easy to manage. You will definitely develop some lasting friendships while you're there. The customers are usually very friendly and many are regulars.

ConsThe hours can be horrible. Store Managers play favorites and will buddy up with certain Assistant Managers on 1st shift (7am-4pm), otherwise you work second shift (4pm-1am). Sometimes the expectations of the store from senior management are unrealistic with the resources you have to work with (not enough staff, layout of facilities, aging equipment, etc.). There is definitely a lack of communication from the store manager to the assistant managers ; I cannot stress this enough. You are expected to work all holidays as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementStore Managers need to communicate better with Assistant Managers and Shift Supervisors (communications lines are sometimes closed and it makes it impossible to do a good job and deliver the customer service Sheetz is expecting).

Nasty

Store Manager (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThe store managers are paid well, the bonuses are generous, and the people you work with day to day are some of the best people you will ever meet.

ConsThe company is horrible, the benefits are extremely lousy, favoritism is the only way you can survive or advance, you will always be understaffed, you are not given any of the tools to succeed, and from Monday to Friday, you will only see sunshine from inside Sheetz. You will be told to cheat on QA inspections, no two people will do anything the same way because no one was trained the same way, you can do something the same way every single day from day one because that's how everyone you've ever worked with has done it and get fired for it when they don't like you anymore, say "union" out loud and you are gone in a month. If you arrive on time, and leave on time, you will be the worst manager in the district and be called out on it at every meeting. Don't plan a vacation, you won't be going. If you can't kiss up to the right people, you will never even get this job, and you will definitely not be able to keep it.

Advice to Senior ManagementCentralize training, make every single store consistent (with layouts in the MTO, training, management, etc), penalize managers for adding people to the shift for DM, RM, and VP visits, and let people not named Sheetz run this place. They had a good starting idea, but they do not have the ability of running this place.

24/7 responsibility, awful district manager

Store Manager (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsPay and benefits good for industry

ConsWho knows how they choose district managers?
    24/7 Operation - On call 24 hours
    Promotions and perks given unfairly

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look at your district managers

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!