Shell

Shell CEO Marvin E. Odum

Marvin E. Odum

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Health and Safety

Health and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

ProsThis company was very good on keeping all employees trained on their specific jobs. I really enjoyed working and the benefits were second to none.

ConsNo down side. The company only wanted employees who could achieve. So if you wanted mediocre type work this was not the place to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood work you do with mid level leaders.

I had a great experience at Shell

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

ProsI love working with people at Shell. They are really smart, friendly and supportive. They treated me with respect. My supervisor and mentor are such great people. I learned lots of things after my internship. Besides, I had an opportunity to work on a really interesting project.

ConsETRAY test was super difficult and I don't think that's a good way to test interns' capacity.

Best company I've been a part of.

Operations Intern (Former Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

ProsGenuine care for employees. Benefits. Personnel safety. Work/life balance. Atmosphere.

ConsI have no negative aspects to share.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dream company to work for!

Petrophysicist (Current Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

ProsAbility to focus on individual needs on a case by case basis despite being such a large organization makes shell the ideal company to work for.

ConsCompany varies region by region, and some regions are better to work for than others! However no shortage of talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job, keep it up!

A company of talented amateurs

Staff Geophysicist (Former Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

ProsOpportunity to work in a high-tech environment with exposure to emerging technologies, social issues, and multiple cultures.

ConsMore of an investment bank than an oil company. Science and engineering are subordinated to financial wants. Training focussed on developing those who want to be a polished, powdered courtiers. Innovation and creative thinking encouraged so long as it conforms to a global standard that everyone agrees on, and fits within the bureaucracy. Recruit,recognize and promotes attractive,clever and tractable people. Actively discourages passionate, focussed problem solvers.

Advice to Senior ManagementA company of grifters. Careers advance on promises. Encourages "kicking the can down the road" for difficult problems, passing them on to successors. Do enough to buy time before transferring elsewhere. The individuals responsible for developing new technology are also in a position to enforce its use as a gatekeeper for projects. Middle managers
    are unprepared to execute projects and make the bureaucracy work at the same time. The focus on cleverness and tractability implies a lack of integrity. The pattern of making big promises, then "manage expectations" permeates the organization. The company recognizes the brokering of information and technology rather than its development.

working environment

Engineer (Current Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

Prosgood working environment all over the world

Conschargibility issue, work load, communication

Advice to Senior Managementmore efficient, work life balance, more opportunities

Great employer, great culture, great compensation, great opportunities.

Production Engineer (Current Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

ProsThe people, the culture, the international opportunities, the compensation.

ConsBureaucracy, company strategy, volatile commodity environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to weather the storm and get back to basics!

Worked for Shell? Contribute to the Community!

Shell Videos

Shell – Why Work for Us?

Global energy demand is rising and so are consumer expectations – more people want energy from cleaner sources. At Shell we work with others to unlock new energy sources and make the most of what we have. We do this in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shell reviews and ratings in New Orleans, LA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Shell CEO Marvin E. Odum. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Shell employees.