Shell Vacations Club

www.svc.com

Shell Vacations Club Reviews

3.4

Sheldon H Ginsburg

My long tenure at Shell Vacations taught me how to be a solid lawyer and trusted business advisor.

Former Employee - Legal  in  Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Legal in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Shell Vacations Club full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Each day provided new challenges and opportunities in the legal and business areas which helped me learn and grow as a lawyer and member of the Executive Team.

Cons

Our success as a private, entrepreneurial company in the timeshare, hospitality industry caused us to become a target for merger or acquisition, which ultimately led to Wyndham's purchase of Shell Vacations in 2013.

For those executives and management heads at Wyndham, we trust that you will help lead even further growth and prosperity for our former company in conjunction with Wyndham's products and services.

Program Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Shell Vacations Club full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Worked for Shell for 10+ years until company was sold and corporate offices relocated out of state. I had tremendous autonomy, many areas of responsibility and challenging projects. Management was always approachable and supportive. Shell had a family atmosphere and I enjoyed my coworkers across the various divisions.

Cons

Very little room for growth, though management was quick layer on more work to existing employees when someone left and their position eliminated. No increases offered for additional work which lead to lower morale overall.

Employees should be rewarded for their efforts when asked to take on more work.

Great company to work for with great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Shell Vacations Club full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people and management were great team players

Cons

Company sold to another company

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a Legitimate Company

I have been working at Shell Vacations Club

Pros

The lunch sandwiches were tasty.

Cons

Please read all:

I just returned home from the Shell Vacation Club presentation. My career was in banking, so numbers matter to me and jump out at me, too. At the Arizona State Fair, I was talked into the timeshare presentation and went, since I travel often. The brochure I was given at that time offered a "free gift", if I went through the presentation. The presenter did a good job of explaining the general timeshare program, but would not talk cost. When she finished, the closer came in tell about the cost and financing. The cost was just under $30,000, with annual dues of $741. The interest rate was 16.99%!!! With your purchase, you could claim 7000 points for use on hotels.

One week in a one bedroom hotel room, during the high season, would cost 2500 points. If you wanted, or needed to buy additional points, it would cost you $6.84, each point. So, now we are getting to the real cost. I was more interested in the $16,000+ cost of joining the club and that came with only 2500 points. If you want to buy another 2500 points, during the year, at $6.84 x 2500, your cost would be an additional $17,100!!! That is for one week's vacation and that per point price can go up at any time, without restriction. Amazing. Also, the annual fee of $741 can go up each year, without restriction. Before I could get any of this info, they insisted on running a credit report on me.

I was shocked at the whole program and it's cost. When I said definitely not, the closer got up and walked away without a word to me. When I was about to leave, the presenter said goodbye, and then I asked about the "gift". She said my 2 hour presentation did not include a gift, that I would have had to pay $20 before the presentation, to be able to receive a gift (of course, that was never mentioned, before and why would I have to pay anything, for a "gift"?) She then, with a very condescending tone of voice, said "You can leave now, by taking either the elevator, or the stairs!".

My lifetime of making loans, looking at financial programs and listening to people tell me lies, just to get money, tells me to stay far away from this vacation club. This is not legitimate. Whatever you think you are going to get, is not what you will get. I told the presenter that her boss should change his appearance, because both his way of speaking to prospects and the way he presents himself with his appearance, just reminds me of a crooked car salesman. She said that was funny, because the boss used to be a car salesman! Wow!!!

I know I wrote a lot, here, but you need to know. They can't even be trusted to give the "free gift" they promise.

I am not an employee and I will never be your customer. This company is owned by Wyndham Hotels parent organization. I am a member of Wyndham Rewards, but may never rent another room from such a company

Great company - good place to work

I have been working at Shell Vacations Club full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great organization, good people, nice place to work. benefits are decent

Cons

company recently purchased - closing Illinois ofice. Letting most staff go. pay not as good as it could be.

Take a closer look at what you are letting go before it is too late.

Great company with fair sales managers who lived up to there promises if you produced.

Current Employee - Marketing Conceirge  in  Kailua Kona, HI
    Current Employee - Marketing Conceirge in Kailua Kona, HI

I have been working at Shell Vacations Club full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you have sales experience the commissions are great and the skies the limit.

Cons

You can learn this business if you have patience, however some sales experience a plus, if you are looking for quick money it won't happen. Learning curve is several months.

none

Travel Agent

Former Employee - Travel Agent  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Travel Agent in Chicago, IL

I worked at Shell Vacations Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very strong on training you and will not rush you into a role. Nice genuine people work there. Free stays at most resorts depending on availability and season.

Cons

Schedule Requests were not always honored, What your dealing with is timeshares which is really a big rip off. A lot of calls from members who want to sell it because they lost their jobs is pretty depressing.

The money is there if you are quick with knowledge, wit, and a bit pushy.

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Shell Vacations Club part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are a sales person it might work for you.

Cons

You end up calling around dinner time & the ones you think will buy, are just blowing you off.

Be more helpful to the newbies

Tough with the Economy

Former Employee - Outside Personnel Contact  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Outside Personnel Contact in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Shell Vacations Club

Pros

You write your own paycheck

Cons

At the same time as you writing your paycheck, if you do not do well that paycheck could be $0

It's not managements fault except they could invest more into their trainees

Job Not As Advertised

Former Employee - Concierge  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Shell Vacations Club

Pros

Co-workers were kind, decent people. Donatello Hotel was beautiful, in a good area, has large rooms.

Cons

Job was not as advertised--I responded to a Craigslist posting that used words like "customer service," "hotel concierge," and "event coordinator." The position was actually selling timeshare units to disinterested people in downtown San Francisco.

Be completely honest about how you guys are selling timeshares. This is a hard-sales job.

Worked for Shell Vacations Club? Contribute to the Community!