Sheridan Healthcare

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mitchell Eisenberg

Great company to work for

Practice Manager (Current Employee) Ocala, FL

ProsGreat atmosphere, excellent communications between team members. weekly conference calls, ability to make decisions without interference. Good benefits.

ConsDependent on working well with hospital management, or possibility of losing contract.

They realize they need to change, and are just getting started on the task

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunrise, FL

ProsGrowing business, unlikely to be let go. The individual people care, and are very pleasant.

ConsThere is a distinct difference between the character of the individuals and the character of the departments.

Every department works in a silo, and there is very little cross department communication. Consequently departments are self centered, catering to their own needs, not the needs of the company. This has caused some long term staff to become very conservative, to the point of obstructive.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange. You can't run the company the same way when it has grown so much.

Some good individuals, but a horribly corporate culture

Management (Former Employee) Sunrise, FL

ProsThere are people that work at all levels that truly care about SHCR and the job they do. If you get lucky, you'll report to one of these people. Within the department I worked in, we fostered teamwork, tried to foster respect and good business etiquette, and generally I liked working with my specific team.

ConsPromotion is not based on education or ability, but rather how long you have manage to survive and whom you have sucked up to. HR thinks they know better than the managers in regards to almost everything. In one instance, they downgraded a pay range, never told anyone in the department, and really screwed (in a word) employees out of what piddling raises they were given in 2014.

Senior management (VP and above) don't care about the people that report to them or the departments. They are content to set softball goals for themselves, but will not give concrete goals or even the time of day to middle management. One example of this - reviews for management are due in January. It is now July and the VP's in my former division still haven't bothered to sign off on reviews - it is questionable whether anyone will get a raise before the end of the year, let alone have them back dated. Punishment on middle management for executive in action.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou may not care but act like you do. Get out of your ivory towers occasionally, and actually listen to your employees at time. You may have the high level oversight, but you have no idea about day to day process, which affects the numbers you so desperately love.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience with Sheridan has been okay.

ProsManagement is very felxible with my schedule.

ConsWorking off-site and not being able to advance in my career.

They do not promote from within!!

IT Helpdesk Tech II (Former Employee) Sunrise, FL

ProsGreat atmosphere and I love most of the people that i worked with and a good hourly rate to start

ConsThey do not promote from within.
    Bad Rases
    Negative reinforcement (From My Manager)

I think that Sheridan is a great company but if you are looking to move ahead in the company then you might NOT want to come and work for Sheridan, they do not promote from within, I was there for over 3 years and tried to move into a better role and management would not even give you a chance.
    My manager relied on his employees to run the interviews and I thought that was fine but if you are not in the right click they will block you from moving forward with the company, my manager was so bad that he would give the people he wanted 3% raises and the rest of us got the leftovers. Bonuses are a joke, you need to fill out a huge essay before you get the bonus.
    In conclusion if you are happy making the money they are going to pay you and you do not want to grow with the company then Sheridan will be great for you!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart promoting from with in, so many good people left the company because you will not advance them, I thank my lucky starts that I was able to go to a different company because now I really see how a manager is supposed to act.

Great People and a great place to work

Contractor (Former Employee) Sunrise, FL

ProsThe atmosphere was comfortable and laid back. Most people were friendly and easy to get along with. Very professional atmosphere.

ConsThe network and legacy systems can be improved. The building is drab and could use a little updating.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat place to work. Keep up the high standards.

Growing Company

IT Helpdesk Tech II (Current Employee) Sunrise, FL

ProsCompany is growing and stable. Overtime is normally approved. Decent Benefits

ConsExpect to work for every penny of your salary. The only way is to advance is by knowing someone or by being in the right "click"

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to listen to their employee's suggestions.

Terrible working conditions for those not in Management

Reimbursement (Former Employee) Sunrise, FL

ProsI had to really think about Pros for about 5 minutes.....
    -If you are in management and fall into another category (which I shall refrain from mentioning)you may enjoy this company

ConsThe CBO is comparible to an assembly line with management patroling the area every 5-15 minutes to ensure that all employees are seated and hard at work. Honestly, I may even go as far as to compare it to what I believe a prison yard would be like. By far, the worst work environment I have ever come accross. Please do not count on management as the only concern they have with regard to the workforce is that you work to the bone every second of the day and prepare to be screamed at (literally) if Sheridan does not meet it's financial goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement requires restructuring and training regarding how to communicate kindly and effectively. Additionally, micomanaging has been proven to bring out the worst in an employee.; also the "good old boy" mentality and condescending manner with which employees in the CBO are dealt with will eventually catch up with this company.

Good company to work for

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Sunrise, FL

Pros- Company is growing by leaps and bounds
    - Management are very laid back, while working hard
    - Good team camaraderie
    - Bonuses available

ConsI don't have any "deal-breaker" cons, but here are a few quibbles
    - No time off after long work hours (Which is most companies)
    - Business Casual Dress (Which is normal)
    - Vacation time not the greatest
    - 401K, company does not match
    - Healthcare coverage and pricing not the greatest

Advice to Senior ManagementI suggest coming up with better healthcare and some sort of 401K matching or at least revenue sharing

Horrible company

Physician (Former Employee)

ProsThey are a bottom-feeder company that moves into weaker hospitals and takes over dysfunctional departments. You can temporarily make a good hourly rate with them during the transition period.

ConsGood old boy system. Only possibility for upward movement or even reasonable treatment is to be friends with upper level management. All of upper level management are Caucasian males. You will be abused at the blink of an eye.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about long term reputation and not simply being so desperate in maintaining a contract with a hospital. Eventually your mistreatment of employees will backfire.

Worked for Sheridan Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!