Sherwin-Williams
www.sherwin-williams.com Cleveland, OH 5000+ Employees

Sherwin-Williams Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Sherwin-Williams – Dallas – “store location”

Sherwin-Williams Chairman and CEO Christopher M. Connor

Christopher M. Connor

Pros:
  • "Opportunities for advancement as far as you want to go"
    in 37 reviews
  • "Very good benefits in the company, great co-workers within the store"
    in 62 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/life balance, it's still a "good ole' boys club", unrealistic budgets"
    in 34 reviews
  • "Upper management (above the district level) is somewhat disconnected from the behavior of contractors"
    in 71 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Sherwin-Williams has many opportunities for recent graduates to move up in the company. They also provide great benefit.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

Pros- Benefits: 401K, Pension, Higher Education Reimbursement, etc.
    - Opportunities to move up and advance your career
    - Ability to transfer almost anywhere

ConsProduct knowledge can be very challenging, but it's important to know that there are many resources to help.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees in lower positions, but who have a great deal of experience, on things that can be improved at the store level

Solid Company, can be a grind

Third Key (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsGood ppl, decent pay, feel appreciated

ConsClients can talk down to you/be rude.

Be in it to win it

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompany really invests in their employees. Providing training and support in all aspects of your career. They expect al ot out of their employees, but they put a lot in.

ConsLong hours and in some stores the physical aspects of the job can be difficult. There is also a lot of movement so settling into a routine can be difficult.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience with the company has been pretty good overall.

ProsTime off is good. That's about all you get for being par-time.
    Co-workers are pretty friendly people for the most part.

ConsCustomers can be difficult and without much backing from corporate they can usually walk away with whatever they want.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to smaller stores. Just because we may not rake in as much money for you as bigger stores, we are still your employees and want to know we aren't forgotten about.

Great benefits

Designer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company to work for and opportunity to grow!

ConsLong hours and recently changed how many days open with extended work hours. It can take awhile to get a full time position if you start out part time.

Gained a lot of experience during my tenor.

Maintenance Lead (Former Employee)
    Andover, KS

ProsGreat people in the leadership roles within this company.

ConsGetting ideas passed on to the people that can make the decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the long term employees on the shop floor.

The people are great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosquality product with very accommodating executive staff. Wear uniforms so you don't have to worry about what to wear in the morning. PTO, benefits, medical etc.

ConsThere is so much to learn. You must be able to be disciple to teach yourself a lot because the amount of what goes into all their products will never be learned. You will feel like you don't know anything for a while.

Great location, decent pay, nice people, secure company.

Cleveland, OH

ProsStability - company has been around for almost 150 years now. Employees have no complaints of the executive staff. Stock price is awesome, benefits are good. Location is easy (HQ) to get to, public transportation, car, few even bike!

ConsOld ways, closed minded managers, little promotion of work/life balance, lack of training for advancement. HQ workforce does not represent US, OH, or Cleveland.

Great way to get a start in company with many opportunities

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Willimantic, CT

ProsUnlike most places they still match dollar for dollar up to 6%, which as a sales associate can be a fantastic jump start to your retirement portfolio. I've been lucky enough to have wonderful co-workers but I also take on tasks that they don't ask me to do but I know need to get done. You learn many skills in that type of work environment that will help you no matter what type of job you go for in the future.

ConsStaffing issues, when we get busy it's tough to deal with 5 customers in the store when it's only you there on the weekend. The computer system is ancient, so it takes at least 1-5min(depending how far you look back) to pull up a customer history when they are in front of you waiting. May not seem long but when someone is waiting for a response, it is.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should add back the 1 full time employee that can help train the sales associates and be there to take care of things just as much as the assistant and manager would. Have them as a 40hr/wk, little less pay than assistant but have responsibility of making sure sale associates get things done and are up to par on product knowledge. A new computer system infrastructure would be nice so you don't have to log into multiple screens to check for something or wait a while to pull up a customers history. Spend the money and get with the times of technology.

Loved this place,

Interior Products Specialist (Current Employee)
    Madison, WI

ProsIt's Paint & Decorating, how happy can that be? Everyone I've met working there is happy. The only reason I left was due to personal issues, or I'd have worked hard for SW for a very long time.

ConsLong intensive hiring process is a tradition at SW, but I guess that's what it takes to make a great team of co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sherwin-Williams reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sherwin-Williams CEO Christopher M. Connor. All 738 reviews posted anonymously by Sherwin-Williams employees.