Sherwood Food

Updated December 22, 2014
Updated December 22, 2014
2.1

Earl Ishbia

It is a JOB nothing more

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Sherwood Food

Pros

Good Benifits only it is a JOB

Cons

Don't work the night shift... Also things to think about this is the food industry they really don't care if you have a family life.

Would like to see some involvement would be a start to maybe understand the problems

Inventory control

Current Employee - Inventory Control in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Inventory Control in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sherwood Food full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None at all if I had to say something I would say my co workers. And the Krispy Crunch chicken place right down the street.

Cons

Inventory control was a joke. The managers of inventory in the atlanta center have no idea how to run inventory!!! The inventory associates knew more about how to run inventory than the managers and the managers never listen to us about fixing problems. Therefore bigger problems come up in the future and we get all the blame. Managers didn't even let us do the most important part of inventory which is counting the product in the warehouse. I was told that counting product was not important. They made us sweep up all day and pick up trash and that has nothing to do with inventory. Do not apply to work here it is a horrible company they do not care about your family life at all. If you have kids they will forget your face because you will never get time to spend with them. No raises at all, its people that have been working here for 7 years and never got a raise. The only way I would tell someone to work here is if they are desperate and willing to work 7 days a week with no set schedules or if you have a felony and can't work anywhere else. Other than that run away as fast as you can.

Mark needs to get new more knowledgeable managers for inventory I promise he will see a big difference.

The worst company ever

Current Employee - Driver in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Driver in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Sherwood Food full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They don't have anything this company is so bad

Cons

All i can say is if you work they have no raises they are losing business my hours went down so if wanna work 40 hrs or less for only $13

Desperate

Former Employee - Driver in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Driver in Detroit, MI

I worked at Sherwood Food full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They don't harass you just get your job done and go home

Cons

Very low pay for drivers and warehouse, also they're union and they're not in the teamsters pension you gotta be desperate to work here!

Pay your drivers and warehouse a fair and competitive wage

Hard work in dingy warehouse,Co-Workers only think of themselves and turnover is very high

Current Employee - Order Picker in Maple Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Order Picker in Maple Heights, OH

I have been working at Sherwood Food full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They will hire almost anybody so if you have a felony on your record and there is no where else to turn you can go to them. As long as you get work done you will be left alone by supervisors,Very easy job to comprehend so there is not much learning curve to get started.
    Tons of Overtime!

Cons

Constant hiring of felons and kids out of high school makes you work with incompetent Co-Workers,Warehouse has jagged edges everywhere to cut yourself on.It is a freezer have to be willing to work in constant cold.Expect to work 10 to 12 hour days almost every week.Low pay

Hire more competent employees and pay a competitive salary to keep the good workers around.Stop hiring people that don't feel like doing work and don't care about slowing everyone else down.

A warehouse worker's perspective

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker

I have been working at Sherwood Food full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Supplies to grocery stores so even in bad economy your job is probably safe.
    Insurance coverage is better than average.
    CEO seems to know how to acknowledge and treat employees and genuinely cares about long-term employees.
    Growing company, perhaps a bit too fast at times, but growing.

Cons

Lower pay than competitors.
    Long hours.
    High work load leading to a large work/life balance discrepancy.
    Warehouse workers are often not treated fairly compared to office staff.
    Limited if any room for advancement.
    Warehouse workers stay in the warehouse no program to help them progress further.
    Large disconnect between office workers and warehouse workers.

Loosen the purse strings and pay your warehouse workers a little more. Offer opportunities for longtime warehouse workers to progress to a white collar job if they qualify. This would get people into the office with actual knowledge of the warehouse. Improve communication.

Great place to work

I worked at Sherwood Food full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most senior executives are part of the family that owns the business. They take care of their employees as long as the employees give a 100%.
    Director IT is very sincere and honest, and helps his staff to seek the best practices.
    The IT staff is very dedicated and helpful to its end-users.
    If all goes well in the area of your responsibilities, you can have a good work/life balance.
    Great medical and other benefits.

Cons

Vacation and pay scale
    Head office is in Detroit, so the area can be dangerous at times.

You are all great people to work for and are hard working, and sincere to the employees and to the business. It would be nice to have a slight pay increase for your dedicated employees and a little more vacation time allowed, since the food industry is very demanding and a good time off can re-charge the employees.

Ok Company. Nothing exciting in terms of career

Former Employee - Programmer
    Former Employee - Programmer

I worked at Sherwood Food full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with. Good benefits and good exposure to the food industry.

Cons

Longer working hours for lesser pay. Wont talk about increments unless forced to. The interview process was standard and I was given a good tour of the company. To begin with, the position was very exciting and I got to learn a lot of things, but eventually I had to drop out because of personal reasons and also my project was going no where with them. The wages are lower than the industry standard and you have to be on call support for atleast a week or so.

Invest more in IT staff. You seriously need a business analyst. The programmers are not business analysts!!