Shift4

Dave Oder

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Information Technology in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Shift4 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very strong company. There is a lot of room for personal growth and advancement as long as you do your job, work hard, and stay focused. Shift4 has a strong security policy and has many opportunities across multiple departments in IT, IS, and Compliance. Work hours can be flexible. This is a family run business so they understand you have to take your child to the doctor every once in a while. Pay is good, people are good, and environment is good.

Cons

This company gives so much to their employees, it's surprising the health benefits package isn't a little better. Not that it's terrible, but I've worked for other companies where it was better. Perhaps this is more a sign of the state of our national healthcare and less about Shift4's benefits.
    Security is taken very seriously and sometimes you can't do what you need to in your job due to security restrictions. It's designed this way, but would be nice to have a little more flexibility in some areas of security.

A couple pizzas every once in a while goes a long way. We work late, a $15 pizza to share would make it all seem worth it.

Volatile nearly verbally abusive managment

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Shift4 full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Office culture was great, the atmosphere and layout were beautiful. Employees are generally kinds, and there are yearly events with the company.

Cons

Constant fear of angering owners or being fired for small mistakes, turns employees against one another. The company treats workings as dispensible.

Value your employees as much as you value personal growth and your employee retention and satisfaction, in addition to work quality will improve.

Great Job

Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Shift4 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a growing company and there's lots of room to grow. It's great working with cutting edge technology. he Support Manager really make you feel good about your job and takes time to listen

Cons

Honestly, the worst thing right now is that the snack machine is always out of the good snacks.

My experience at Shift4 has been both challenging and enjoyable.

I have been working at Shift4 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, Interesting and solid product offerings

Cons

Training for new hires could be better. The degree in which they monitor support agent stats is kind of ridiculous.

Significantly enlarge the Support department in the near future. Stop worrying about answer percentages so much.

Good at first

Former Employee - Developer in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Developer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Shift4 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not many. At first it seemed great, but I guess I came in at the right time. The benefits are good, pay is decent and the tools you need for your job are there. Tom is/was a good guy, but they make him be the bad one.

Cons

High Blood Pressure, Being Watched. I've watched so many people get fired for some of the most ridiculous reasons. They've gone through so many people they had to move their call center to Utah since they ran out of people in Las Vegas!

Add more soundproofing so the rest of the employees do not have to hear you guys scream and curse at each other.

Good company to work for

I have been working at Shift4 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a company where hard work pays off. If you work hard, advancement comes fast. Not like other call centers. In this age of Obamacare it is good that this company has Excellent benefits.

Cons

Every job has cons, I don't feel that it is useful to blast a company over the internet. Find out for yourself and gain your own experience.

Worst company I have ever worked for

I worked at Shift4 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are none. Waste of time.

Cons

Management doesn't seem to care about employees even when reporting to HR. They seem to laugh it off as to the high turnover of employees. They hire 6 people for Support at a time and within 2 weeks 4 are gone.

More Management skills. Lack of professionalism. Only heard negativity. No chance for advancement. Have a Trainer that cannot train. Listen to her, record her class. You've got someone in a position that affects one's livelihood when they are the one that needs to go. Have gone to HR, what a farce. Throwing things under the rug and not trying to solve the problems, really? Lack of taking responsibility for things that are wrong. Call Centers don't have that high turnover as this place.

Sheer, Abject Misery

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Shift4 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good medical coverage, acceptable salary, wonderful coworkers.

Cons

The owners (who insist on being called "The Founders") have no regard nor respect for employees. They are disposable and are treated as such. Trust and privacy do not exist: All email sent is blind-copied to at least 5 other people for review, phone calls are monitored and recorded, there are between 1 and 3 video cameras above every cubicle, and employees are even timed/monitored for restroom and kitchen visits.

I do not know the actual turnover (a nice way of saying "fired") rate but believe it to be at least 85%. It was psychological to remove employees during the day and then send in an HR lackey to fill a box with personal items. I know many people who would get ill at the sight of the HR people, wondering whose turn it was today.

Respect is a two-way street.

Mar 14, 2013VP, Operations

The person who wrote this needs to get their facts straight. Everything they wrote is exaggerated and wrong. We do have cameras per regulations much like a bank but not to the extent of 3 cameras ... More

Lack of respect towards employees

I worked at Shift4

Pros

Salary and benefits are decent

Cons

The management shows a complete lack of respect for their employees and has issues taking responsibility for their errors in judgement. Promotions tend to stay with those willing to cooperate in assigning fault to lower employees. For this reason, Shift4 has a high turnover of employees and HR staff.

Shift4 also is very religious company. They make a point to all employees to say Christmas and not Happy Holidays.

Mar 14, 2013VP, Operations

I am only going to dignify one part of this post. We are not a religious company. We just don't believe in all of the PC surrounding the holiday of Christmas.

High turnover for a reason

I worked at Shift4

Pros

Benefits are decent but you have to wait past a probation period to get health coverage.

Cons

Management inherently distrusts employees and treats staff with the little respect. High turn over at this company for a reason. Look at the number of people who have been with the company for 5+ yrs. Less than 10% of staff. No vacation allowed the first year.

Mar 14, 2013VP, Operations

Completely outdated and wrong. Shift4 offers 40 hours of vacations and 16 hours of vacation after 90 days.