Shipwire

Add Photos

Damon Schechter

Supportive company, poor compensation

I have been working at Shipwire full-time

ProsEnjoy the people in my department and most others. The company has potential to touch many other businesses and challenges are interesting, though they may not seem that way upon initial glance. Also, most people who work here are smart and competent.

Now that the company has been acquired and is growing, there may be some room for growth, but previous to it, upward movement was not realistic.

ConsTransparency could be improved, starting at the top (can be hard to get a straight answer to a question).

Compensation is almost insulting for certain positions, especially considering Bay Area real estate, and numbers aren't accurately conveyed in the salaries section of Glassdoor.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll staff meetings and higher salaries will make for more connected and higher quality employees. Do some work on company culture, too.

A disappointing experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Shipwire full-time for less than a year

ProsFor the most part people are friendly

ConsConfrontational and hostile environment facilitated by upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're going to hire someone to do a specific job then the details of that job should be made clearer. Provide more in depth training and an open door policy.

Fun and Rewarding Place to work at

Customer Advocate (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Shipwire full-time for less than a year

ProsShipwire is growing fast and there are a lot of opportunities. The environment is very fun and lax, and working here is rewarding. Management is very approachable, and even when you start at the bottom you feel like an equal, with opportunities to take your ideas and ambitions to the next step

ConsA lot of work- not really a con, more of a pro, really, as it mean there is something to do for everybody

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are awesome, hire more people so we can get things done

Company Culture Makes it all workth it.

I have been working at Shipwire full-time

ProsThe company culture makes it all worth it. This is a company that is going to go far and is willing to take it's people along for the ride to the top.

ConsThe hours are very long and the pay is low. You really need to love and believe in the company to work here.

Worked for Shipwire? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shipwire reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Shipwire CEO Damon Schechter. All reviews posted anonymously by Shipwire employees.