Shiseido Cosmetics

Be The First To
Add Photos

Shoji Takahashi

Long term high Performance employee

Executive Director Sales (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent products that are frequently outstanding. SKINCARE is their forte.

ConsPoor human resource development. Inconsistent marketing poor senior sales leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not encourage behind the scenes whispers about an employee. have open upfront conversation directly with the employee before any evaluation is made. Basing evaluations on unsubstantiated information is not the hallmark of a great organization .

Awful

Lacki (Current Employee) Rutherford, NJ

ProsI can't think of one because this company is the worst. Disorganized, micro managed, no advancement, no basic decency

ConsThere are too many to mention and each department is worse than then next. They have 2 black employees in a company of 100 people

Advice to Senior ManagementYou know it all already and don't want my advice

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great company to work for

Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCompany respect employees and give freedom for their opinion. They take care of employees well. Top management is excellent and considerate.

ConsCould not find during my 4 years stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the environment positive as it has been

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wastew oWWf

Office Worker (Former Employee) Oakland, NJ

Pros35 hour work week with paid holidays off. Nice discount on overpriced products. Two times a year you get $500 worth of free products.

ConsIf you are not a manager you are non existent. There is no opportunity to grow or even be heard. If you have an idea you are considered a threat to the management. Pay rate is low, benefits costs are high. Raises average 1% yearly. Stale environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe people that work there are not the stupid dopes you make them out to be. Talk to the Talk to the workers when you need answers instead of depending on the sole opinion of another manager. The people that work there are not as stupid as you make them out to be.

If you're a brown nose you might fit

Worker (Former Employee) Oakland, NJ

Pros35 hour work week and you go home on time because the managers are so afraid you might do something to make them look bad.

ConsA LOT of "cliques", health insurance is expensive, most managers have HS diploma or community college education only, advancement is non existant, if "they" don't like you find another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementNow that ops is moving to Ohio it is starting to show how little you do and KNOW - ha ha I hope you are all fired for the horrible way you treat people. Your MVW statement is a joke!

Excellent learning experience in the cosmetic skincare manufacturing industry.

Buyer (Former Employee) East Windsor, NJ

ProsDress down Fridays were the highlight of the work week. You get 1,000 dollars’ worth of free makeup. Great healthcare benefits.

ConsThere is a glass ceiling, about 90% of top tier positions are held by men. Very political and cliquey. Huge sticklers for coming into work early.

Advice to Senior Management9 30AM is not late, you are a global company... telecommuting is a way of the future, consider getting on board.

Excellent products, mismanagement, hard working people not being rewarded

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood products, friendly colleagues, multi-cultural environment

ConsMismanagement. Office politics. Always promo wrong person. No opportunity for hardworking people.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue employee's hard work; give them reasonable reward.

fantastic company new management awful

Executive Director Sales (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

Prospay was good , benefits were great

Consdo 360 reviews on team

Advice to Senior Managementtake a close look at management in the BPI division

Excellent to work for.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Oakland, NJ

ProsJapanese management style suited me

ConsHired a bad manager and I had to leave until they fired her.

OK place just wish i could have become full time employee

Payroll (Former Employee) Oakland, NJ

Prosnice environment and over all works place seem nice.

Consno advancement opportunities i would have loved been full time

Advice to Senior Managementtrying promotions they work

Worked for Shiseido Cosmetics? Contribute to the Community!