ShoeDazzle

ShoeDazzle Reviews

Updated Apr 27, 2014

Not yet rated.

RACHEL ZOE

Worked as a "stylist/client service rep" for a year.

Client Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsAMAZING company culture. Very exciting and everyone you work with is so cool. It's fashion so the calls you get are about shoes and not so angry, it's not like a normal call-center...in fact, our manager always told us that we do not want them to think we were a call center so talking and having fun was not only allowed, it was encouraged. I thought that was great because our director (who is gone now) would change seats a lot and just make sure that everyone gets along with each other, he never wanted someone to stay in their shell and he def brought me out of mine. : ) The pay is good, you start out with a certain pay but every 6 months you get a review and your pay goes up. I started with $11 an hour (as a temp) and within 9 months I was at $14.50 an hour. The meetings they have with the stylist and the reps are amazing, every month we would see first hand from photo shoots and trends and there is also a monthly corporate meeting which is a great way to see the company's goals and why they do what they do. You also get to meet great people that have amazing jobs on the corporate side which I wish I had some of their jobs, I guess you could say I was inspired by some.

ConsThe fact that I was there taking calls for a year and went to a Fashion school was not cool. I had dreams of working in marketing or as a stylist but no one ever really cared. I was told that those people have masters from "harvard" and pretty much that I had no chance. It was kind of sad, because I really would have LOVED to learn other parts of the company but I was STUCK taking 80 calls a day. I loved the company but hated talking on the phone and just felt like I needed to start a new journey. I do miss the people and the company and unfortunately I have moved to another state (AZ) where there are not any fashion company's. There's not much bad things to say other than I wish there were more promotion opportunities and I hated being on the phone BUT that was my job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to each employee about their goals, let them shadow other areas of interest. These are the people who you can trust, who eat/sleep/dream about your company and products already. Don't just hire outside based off someones resume...there is nothing wrong with that, but allow your former employees to grow..so they do not leave.

ShoeDazzle acquired by JustFab, has moved all client services and operations departments to the Philippines and Mexico.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

ProsVery nice employee discount for US employees

ConsShoeDazzle/JustFab reacts to business challenges and does not think strategically. The company is very bureaucratic and top heavy.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a six-sigma professional to help streamline and eliminate redundancies.

Good company, going through growing pains

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

ProsChance to be part of a hot company
    Being part of crazy growth
    Great co-workers
    Fun culture
    Interesting and dynamic business model

ConsConstantly shifting strategic priorities - still trying to figure out what it wants to be when it grows up
    Low salaries
    Mixed reviews on upper management
    Cronyism

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a direction and stick to it - no more flopping around.
    Promote and retain people because of their skills - not because they're friends with certain people

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wouldn't recommend to my mother in law

ProsCool hue of pink
    Great mission statement
    Merch space is neat

ConsNo leadership - ever
    Constant change of direction
    Cheap product made in China

Advice to Senior ManagementSell to JustFab and be done with it

Worked for ShoeDazzle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ShoeDazzle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ShoeDazzle CEO RACHEL ZOE. All reviews posted anonymously by ShoeDazzle employees.