Shoes for Crews

www.shoesforcrews.com

Shoes for Crews Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Matthew K. Smith

Decent benefits, decent pay, nice work environment but low employee morale

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsGreat building. Nice location. Some good people to work with. Company pays majority of cost of health benefits which saves employees a ton of money. Decent wages. Matching 401(K) which is VERY rare these days. Once you are employed it takes a lot to get let go. Original management personnel care about employee satisfaction and try to make it a good place to work. Company is very understanding of necessity for life/work balance.

ConsLow employee morale. Minimum number of paid holidays. I think management is out of touch with the employees. There seems to be a continual stream of employee turnover, including at the management level, which leads to a continuously unstable work environment. Company used to be privately owned but now has investors which seems to be the driving factor behind the changes in the company and the resultant employee dissatisfaction. Overall, they seem to be struggling to make the transition from a small, privately owned company to a "big" company with investors and the accompanying emphasis on profits and cost cutting.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to stabilize the work environment ASAP because the low morale and constant employee turnover are damaging to the company's long-term health.

Doesn't value its employees

ProsCompensation and benefits are good, nice office space.

ConsManagement does not properly value its employees, doesn't listen to feedback and is all about the "bottomline" moreso than keeping employees happy or making changes that would benefit the overall day-to-day operations and increase morale.

Inside sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is in a growth mode

ConsLack of respect for the sales team and micro management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company ambitions out of synch with organizational ability

Sales (Former Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsCreated anti-slip FW industry; innovative channel strategy. Good technology..

ConsLack of robust operations culture leads to poor execution and results. Unsophisticated management results in inability to match required resources/talent to prioritized objectives. Success in one business model (sector) leads to a one size fits all sales strategy, which inhibits the company's ability to expand channels, consumers and end-use segments.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest about your and the people's abilities; break out of the mode of "Not invented here"; run the business for the long-term; short-term initiatives to drive short-term sales don't add value to the company.

Living nightmare

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJust a paycheck until you find something else. NO PROS!

ConsNothing works here! Not their computer systems, bunch of overpaid upper management. Major labor laws if not human rights violations. They stab you in the back any chance they get if you're not an ass kisser. Micro managed to death! Unscrupulous, bad, deceitful business practices. Customers are lucky to get their shoes and if they do they fall apart like worn out socks! Bad schedules, favoritism rampant! If you don't believe any of these things, call up their useless call center. They'll take your money but never ship your order, their warehouses NEVER get an order right! Customers overcharged for orders! The list goes on! Bad product, bad management, bad working environment! Take the money and run operation! Lucky to have gotten out with my sanity and dignity! Please do not delete this, let this be a warning to others who may wanna work here. I feel bad for my former co workers who have been here forever and are too old or too scared to leave. This is not a rant! This company should be investigated.

Advice to Senior ManagementLost cause, management knows they are doing their customers and employees wrong but don't care just like most companies out there you know most people need their jobs! Just remember karma is a b**** You are not humans!

Horrible place to work.

Information Technology - Development (Former Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsSome of the employees were great to work with.

ConsLabor law violations, HIPPA privacy law violations, abuse of power issues with upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the employment atmosphere so that employees can thrive and work to their fullest potential.

Was once a great place to work

Director Regional Accounts (Current Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsGreat employees
    Decent medical benefits
    Once could make good money

ConsMicro managers
    Travel for business on weekends no additional days off

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the way the company did things in the past. Stop trying to grow so fast. The price increases alienate long time clients. The new managers always speak of the old regime in negative ways, these are the ones that built a great company.

Worked hard, but not compensated. Promised the moon, which did not happen.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsVery close to tri-rail so commuting is easy

ConsThe women as a whole are under-compensated

A good Full time job with benefits.

Sales (Former Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsShoes for Crews is a wonderful company to work for.They offer 100% insurance coverage for full time employees and their spouses. This is on top of a livable wage. Employees are treated with respect and dignity. Many employees have worked at the company for years. If you are a hard worker you can be promoted from customer service to other positions within the company.
    They have a fantastic product that you can really get behind, and be proud to sell. There are also travel and commission opportunities if you enter the sales department. Once a month they provide lunch for the whole office.

ConsTime off can be difficult to achieve. They give you a lot and expect much in return. You must slowly build vacation time as you work there. If you have health problems or a family this can be difficult to achieve.
    Their call center is open 24 hours. So you may have to pull some 3rd shifts.
    Also it can be very difficult to reach sales goals set that have not been reduced with the failing economy. You are trying to get fast food employees to purchase shoes through the mail. They could just as easily get them at Shoes Carnival for BOGO.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting people above their expertise and knowledge. Back orders are another issue that you never seem to be able to resolve.

Good company, nice people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice working environment, work load is okay.

ConsThe business is not optimistic.

Worked for Shoes for Crews? Contribute to the Community!