Shoney's

Add Photos

David Davoudpour

Awesome work place!

Manager (Current Employee) Dillon, SC

ProsDealing with people and watching them smile!

ConsLong work hours can sometimes hurt my toes, but the benefits are worth it!

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example and others will follow!

Managers were secretive

Shift Leader (Former Employee) Ridgeland, MS

ProsCustomers were the best interaction on the job.

ConsThis company does not appreciate loyal employees. They have no type of retirement plan for employees who have been there for 20+ years. I worked with a lady who have been employed with shoneys for 20+ years she left empty handed. The managers were unorganized breakfast was the the strongest level of revenue at this specific location. I actually liked this job overall but there is no leadership or appreciation. This company needs more creative people to enhance their business as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees need vacation and sick time. I feel as though your loyal employees deserve retirement! They are the ones helping bring in revenue to the company.

Put food on the table but couldn't afford rent with this paycheck

Server (Former Employee) Clarksville, TN

ProsEmployee discount was helpful when family went out to dinner we would go to Shoney's

ConsCleaned more than I waited on tables. Felt that the company should of hired a monthly cleaning crew for all the detailed work each employee had to do, barely got the side work done after the "chores of cleaning". Schedule was never consistent, never knew what you worked. If you was in the "click" than you got better sections and less cleaning "projects".

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your employees not talk at them. Management should have weekly meetings to discuss morale and contests within the resturant ect..

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just what I needed, they worked with me as I had seniority.

Server and Dining Room Supervisor (Former Employee) Dublin, VA

ProsMostly pleasant coworkers, scheduling flexibility, good work-life balance. As a waitress the hours are few but the money is good.

ConsSlowing sales at times, something that might get one person in trouble may not get someone else in trouble.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more opinions of your employees, servers especially, into consideration. Frequent menu changes aren't always a good thing, just as having too many choices can be a bad thing too.

Descent first job for hard workers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChance to move up if you show them you can handle it
    Managers were friendly, but then again they loved me

ConsHarsh hours, they usually never change the schedule
    They were really stingy about a pay raise, took me a year

Horrid

Prosnone that I can think of

Conseverything, no promotion possibility in corporate.

fun and a enjoyable job

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

Prosgood money get benefits great bonus each month

Consmanagement has mess-up hours have no time for a life outside the job

Advice to Senior Managementtake it slow do your job right

A great place to work and grow and wonderful team work

Cook (Former Employee) Huntington, WV

ProsThe pay was great , great work hours , and wonderful management , and staff as well .

ConsShoneys did went through a rough time with it sales , through the last couple of years , they changed thier menu items around and the buffet .

Could have been a good experience, but it was not.

Server (Former Employee) Newnan, GA

Pros- Good start up serving job.
    - Good national Head quarters.

Cons-The management was unprofessional, and would openly insult employees, demean them in front other employees, cause scenes.
    -The other employees were rude, would steal tables, and cause a scene.
    -The training was unprofessional, and poorly done.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more professional, and work like adults. Instead of high school children.

Shoney's - Awful

Corporate Employee (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsProvide a monthly food allowance for corporate employees.

ConsWages are awful. Company has no performance review or wage review process in place. Owner is egotistical. Company does not care about its employees. Do not work here! If you already work here, do not give a 2 week notice when you quit as they will terminate you sooner without pay. This is not a company that you can trust.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to learn to be honest with executive management as to what is needed to fix this company that is losing money.

Worked for Shoney's? Contribute to the Community!