Shop Smart

Updated Jan 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brad Wilson

This internship was engaging and challenging without too much pressure.

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Shop Smart as an intern

ProsFree healthy snacks, relaxed work environment, friendly employees. Interns are included in everything, great experience overall. Company is growing steadily and has solid track record.

ConsNot much room for advancement.

Nice Place to Work. Great Place to Learn.

I have been working at Shop Smart full-time

Pros- There is much to do, and not enough people to do the work. This provides an opportunity for those who are willing to try. Work is never boring.
- Inspirational quotes are everywhere and reflect the attitude of the founder: You miss 100% of the shots you don't try to take. If you have a great idea, you are allowed to run with it.
- The founder, Brad Wilson, is great! Everyone likes him.
- Weekly catered lunches, Work Parties, Softball games, and mixers, and a stocked fridge with plenty of healthy snacks. We proudly recycle!
- Work from Home Fridays during the summers.
- Overall, the people who work there are good at what they do, can wear many hats, and get along well. Co-workers are helpful. If you need something, others are willing to show you how to do something. Others notice and can vote for an employee of the month.
- It's a great place to learn.

Cons- The retail selling cycle means we are busiest during Thanksgiving and Christmas and the time leading up to the holidays. Up to this time, you might have to work late.
- The company is growing. Staff has doubled in size over the past year and continues to grow. We never know who is starting or when.
- One executive has a very opposite style to the founder. The executive comes off as awkward and haughty.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore managers means more approvals and processes. Some great ideas seem to be getting lost.

Great environment for excited people looking to grow and build on a well-founded company

Agile Coach (Current Employee)

I have been working at Shop Smart full-time for more than a year

Pros- Ability to grow professionally and introduce ideas without concerns for hierarchy or politics (open doors and open minds)
- Great atmosphere with culture and team growth as a centerpiece
- Forward thinking approaches and problem solving
- Opportunities to introduce new ways to grow revenue in a user-focused, metrics-driven, environment

Cons- Not enough space! Time to move to a larger office (coming soon from what I've heard)
- Growth of the company means a lot of new cultural challenges that Shop Smart needs to be prepared for

Great Place to Work if You Like Growth!

Online Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Shop Smart full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company is growing very fast so there is a ton of opportunity to get in and build out what it is that you do. Many young experienced professionals - not corporate feeling. Work hard / play hard office with games & toys in the break area including pop-a-shot & ping pong. If you ever wanted to be a part of a team that put a dot com on the map, here is your chance.

ConsFast growth does mean some growing pains at times but management seems dedicated to the team's success & happiness.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue down the path that you have already begun and it will be a great ride!

Truly A Great Place To Work

I have been working at Shop Smart

ProsInnovative, rapidly growing, industry-leading company that offers great compensation and growth opportunity; I enjoy coming to work everyday

ConsThings are hectic at times because we're in a rapid state of growth, but it will keep you on your toes. You won't have to worry about being bored.

Great place to work for an array of occupations

I have been working at Shop Smart

ProsEmployees are decision makers in their area of expertise with little to no micromanagement. Great work/life balance. Predominately young professionals. Not corporate.

ConsNeed more opportunities for employee growth and development within the company. Could benefit from internal communications.

Position with lots of opportunity and flexibility

I have been working at Shop Smart

ProsI have a ton of autonomy in my role and lots of opportunities to try new things; great work-life balance; work-hard but play-hard; celebrate successes; very fun with great colleagues; progressive and dynamic organization; great benefits.

ConsYou may be the only subject matter expert at the organization; as it's a growing organization, there are inevitably changes to the way things are currently done; they are making great strides on making communication better.

Fun, flexible, high growth place to work

I have been working at Shop Smart full-time for less than a year

ProsSmall, high growth company creates great opportunities for career growth. Healthy work life balance and supportive team environment. I enjoy coming to work every day and feel that the work I do really makes a difference.

ConsFast pace of growth creates challenges sometimes as the team adjusts to growth

Worked for Shop Smart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shop Smart reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Shop Smart CEO Brad Wilson. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Shop Smart employees.