ShopHQ
www.shophq.com Eden Prairie, MN 1000 to 5000 Employees

ShopHQ Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2014
ShopHQ – Eden Prairie – “Our Control Room, producing a live show!”

Nice place to work, but no clear career advancement path

Eden Prairie, MN

ProsGreat people to work with. Great employee discounts

ConsIn certain dept. no room for career development and advancement

Senior Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers, flexible hours, unique opportunity

ConsSenior management very unsupport and micro-manage everything

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees and appreciate the work they put in and passion they have for their jobs.

Very hard place to work with constantly changing priorities.

Eden Prairie, MN

ProsGreat hard working employees that always get back up even though Sr. Management would knock them down constantly.

ConsSr. Management is famous for changing direction on a dime and then they are left to wonder why no one could execute their last minute plans. They also force their buyers to make ridiculous buys and then blame them when they fail.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees do the jobs you've hired them to do - too many cooks are spoiling the broth. And stay the course, you have the teams prepare seasonal plans, but they never get to execute them because you change them at the last minute - and no one has actually "planed" for your new direction.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love going to work!!! Supervisors and Managers are always happy and supportive!!!

Credit Payments Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsShopHQ offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as an environment which encourages success. Supervisors are always willing to work with you to improve your skills and performance.

ConsThere could be more opportunities for part time employees to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCross training for long term employees would be appreciated. My skills could used more to benefit the company.

A unique company in the region, ShopHQ offers varied opportunities for any level of job-seeker.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Eden Prairie, MN

ProsShopHQ offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as an environment which encourages advancement. Supervisors are always willing to work with you to improve your skills and performance.

ConsScheduling can be strict, but managers are often understanding of outside circumstances. The hiring process can also be slow going at times, unless you have contact within HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your shareholders.

The Merchandise Coordinator position was an absolutley miserable experience!

Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Eden Prairie, MN

ProsI have to be completely honest and say that the only pro to this job is the company discount that you recieve. Terrible management and absolutley zero room for growth. If you love sitting behind a desk for 10 hours a day and enjoy clerical work, then apply for a job as an MC.

ConsManagement is very unsupportive and does not make you feel like you are an integrated part of the ShopHQ team. Your value lies in placing purchase orders and updating spread sheets while also having to deal with crappy vendors all day overseas.

Opportunities

Eden Prairie, MN

ProsThis organization has a lot of great things going for it. The corner has been turned and the rebrand has taken shape. Culture is being reinvented and the product offering continues to expand.

ConsThere are so many opportunities and low hanging fruit that we sometimes miss what's right in front of our faces

Advice to Senior ManagementListen Listen Listen. All the way down the ladder

Worked for ShopHQ? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ShopHQ reviews and ratings. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by ShopHQ employees.