Shoplet.com

2.3

Tony Ellison

Fast Pace Ecommerce Company with Great Potential for Growth and Learning

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Shoplet.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will get great first hand experience and opportunity to take ownership of great projects. Senior management is there every step of the way to help you succeed at everything that you do. Compensation is very competitive and contains great starting salary along with performance bonus package. Benefits are very good as well - top PPO health plan which is company supported;sponsored gym membership; 401(k) and lots more. Great young office culture with a very cross departmental collaborative set up.

Cons

More IT resources needed for an ecommerce/tech company

Keep investing in your personnel and help them achieve their goals.

It's a job. Get in and get out.

I have been working at Shoplet.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Just a steady paycheck. You'll get commission but don't expect to make a lot of money.

Cons

The worst things about the company are the compensation package, benefits and office culture.

Great Place to Learn and Grow

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Shoplet.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Shoplet is an inspiring place to work. I was provided with the training that I needed to grow as person and as a member of company. Time was spent to teach me the "ins-and-outs" of the work that I was hired for. Great job by the senior manager of my group. Independent thinking is promoted and you are encouraged to speak your mind. The people are fun and all departments work collaboratively. This is a growing company and a great place to work.

Cons

More resources are needed to better execute all of the great ideas that are being cultivated.

Invest more in IT - as a tech company - you needed to have plenty of staff in that department.

Get in, get out

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Shoplet.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A paycheck, friendly co-workers sharing your pain

Cons

Literally EVERYTHING else with the CEO/Owner being enemy number one.

Enough with these fake Nigerian email scam like reviews already. They're ridiculous.

It's good for a spell

I have been working at Shoplet.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people you work with will make you want to stay. Everyone's easy to get along with.

Cons

High turnover rate. The workload you initially signed up for overlaps with other functions that don't match your job description. Promotions are a rarity, as well as a raise. Upper management positions are rarely offered within the company. No actual growth after the 6th month.

It wouldn't hurt to hear out your employees and take into consideration what they have to say.

If you are in a bind, take the job but get in and get out

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Shoplet.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None really, other than you get paid on time, though not fairly, if you don't have any better options. The employees are fun but it's such a revolving door the best people were there one day, gone the next.

Cons

Where would I even begin. There is an extreme environment of distrust at this company. You work 9.5 hours and get paid for 8. If you arrive to work slightly late you get docked even if you work overtime for that day. The CEO is an egotistic maniac and a sly con artist who hires and fires at will for silliest reasons. A very unethical place all around. The only reason it is still in business is because the CEO ruthlessly underpays and runs the company like a sweatshop factory.

Get the CEO to butt out of every little decision made at the company and give employees some space. Treat employees fairly. Positive reviews on here are all lies, lol.

Great Place to Learn the World of Ecommerce and E-Marketing

I have been working at Shoplet.com full-time

Pros

Right for the get go, I was given the training and opportunity to learn all facets of how an ecommerce company operates and the key marketing efforts that drive business opportunities. Management spent the time to provide me with the building blocks that I would need to grow and excel at my new position. From there I was given the opportunity to take ownership of significant projects that enabled me to fully integrate and be a vital part of the company. The company's collaborative work culture creates a great place to work and lets everyone be involved in all aspects of this great and growing company.

Cons

None that I can think of

Keep investing in training and education of your employees

A dysfunctional and negative place!

I worked at Shoplet.com full-time

Pros

You will get a paycheck.

Cons

There are "secret" cameras installed throughout the office so the CEO can keep an eye on everyone. This alone creates a negative workplace as employees feel mistrusted and examined in a hierarchical environment. Furthering the mistrust, employees are reprimanded for checking their cell phones at their desks and all internet access is blocked. No respect for employees reflects back no respect for management. Plain and simple.

There are constant computer and software issues. It's not uncommon for the IT team to have no idea how to fix something, and you'll also find the head of IT will talk to you like you're a moron if you come to him with a legitimate technical problem. Or sometimes you will just be ignored completely.

There's a lot of pushing problems off on someone else so no one has to take ownership and really do anything. There will indeed be emails inquiring from time to time about issues that employees would love to see fixed/resolved, but these resolutions will not be put into action no matter how many times you explain the positive impact they would have on the company overall. Employees who have been there for a bit of time have an "I give up" attitude as they know their suggestions will go nowhere.

Adding to the "I give up" attitude is the fact that you can be working at Shoplet for years and years, but if the CEO has some sort of personal problem with you, no matter how qualified for a position you are - you're not going to get it. Plain and simple. There really is no room for growth at Shoplet, nevermind if the CEO decides (for some usually indescribable reason) that you are a "bad egg".

There is no positive office culture. Employees feel so disrespected that even when seemingly positive things like turning on the World Cup game in the office happens, it feels like mere crumbs being thrown to peasants. The air is thick with negativity in there - you'll hear doors slamming, upper management and CEO yelling and often cursing at other employees, etc. The negativity trickles down from the top, and the top is a CEO who doesn't even come around the office to say good morning to his employees (ever) and instead watches like a hawk with a mistrusting eye.

Listen to your employees. Actually TRULY care about their day-to-day lives within the walls of Shoplet and do what you can to make things more pleasant. Give them respect. Trust them more. Treat them like you would want your loved ones treated at their places of employment, not like criminals or high school students.

One of the worst jobs I ever had...

I worked at Shoplet.com full-time

Pros

Besides a paycheck? None I can think of.

Cons

Stifling workplace, if you're the type of person that likes to grow within a company, this place is NOT for you. Upper management are former sales people so they sell you pipe dreams during interviews. The CEO is a penny pinching con artist who is intimidated by those who are smarter than him. Some actions in the work place are border line illegal, it would be a site to see if they were to be visited by the Department of Labor. There is no formal training, new hires are forced to learn from already frustrated employees who has already lost faith in the company.

Let's be realistic here, stop writing fake reviews. Man up to your short comings and maybe you can be a decent place to work. All of the positive reviews sound a like: "Growing Ecom!" "Great place to work!" "Cutting Edge!" Are you serious? You're lack of creativity and ability to think outside of the box are some of the reasons your company is one of the WORST places to work. The same time you spend writing these fake reviews can be used for something productive to help expand the company.

Clueless with a dash of mediocrity

I worked at Shoplet.com

Pros

Working here will help to get your life in order. Simply because you will spend most of your time wondering how you ended up in such a toxic environment run by management who appear oblivious to daily tasks.

If you're a mindless drone whose in desperate need for a job then go for it.

If you're a forward thinker, with drive and tenacity, look elsewhere. Upper management is intimidated by anyone who has leadership ability. They also frown against camaraderie.

Cons

High turnover rate
    Nonexistent upward mobility
    Unqualified management
    Meager wage increase
    Terrible health benefits
    No overtime

Outdated systems. (Because you are using trial or free software. There are data issues everywhere)

Expect to be overworked. The company is expanding it's territories but won't hire the manpower to handle the workload.

You think the recent employees who left were toxic, but we both know the truth. It's funny how all of those toxic employees are exceptional and appreciated at their new locations.

P.s. The fake positive reviews all have the same misspelled words and the same theme. Try to be a little more creative next time.

Shoplet.com Photos