ShopperLocal

www.shopperlocal.com

ShopperLocal Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Scott Hall

Had a nice time over here

Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsShopperlocal is a nice place to work. They pay well, condition is that you work hard. There is no place for for people who have a tendency to crib while those who want to learn are grow are appreciated abroad.

ConsThere are a few flaws within the organization which hamper the overall effectiveness of the operations. The communication between departments is not streamlined, this can be very harmful especially for the agents who have to handle the customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease streamline the communication process so that it becomes easier for the agents to work.

A good journey altogether

Team Leader (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsAn excellent place for learning what a tough job means. It is very important to understand that anything worth its while can only be accomplished by hard work. The sooner one understands this truth, the better for them. Working here made me appreciate the hard work and the results were fabulous. Within a period of 6 months, I was promoted to team leader and was greatly appreciated. This was a big step in my career.

ConsThe only con in working at shopperlocal is the hassle of dealing with problems that arise from mis-communication within departments. I guess this will have to be improved with time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease check that all communication issues are resolved otherwise they can give birth to blame games and other politics. This should be on the top of the list of critical issues.

A good company to work with, but not meant for everyone.

Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsGood growth opportunity, Hard work is always appreciated, Great Incentives

ConsCommunication issues between the departments usually leads to chaos.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only thing that requires improvement is communication. The co-ordination between departments like sales and processing is not p to mart. Set protocols are needed to be defined.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at ShopperLocal has been a great learning experience.

Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsI have worked in ShopperLocal for more than one year and more than anything else, it has granted me the learning experience of a lifetime. The exposure I got here enabled me to understand the advertising side of a business which is of great aid in my own clinic.

ConsThe incentives are good but at times a few sales slips out of hand due to the lack of co-ordination within departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe communication between various departments needs improvisation perhaps by revisiting the process flow and adding a few protocols.

I've been with the company for over 2 years...I like the pace and level of responsibility I've been given.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsIf you're looking for a company that will allow you to take on as much responsibility as you can handle, and do it all to the best of your ability, this is the place to be. Fast pace environment.

ConsSometimes change happens a little too quickly.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep looking forward.

Exciting company to be a part of

ProsGreat opportunity to get good experience. Flexible work environment. As long as you're willing to put in the work, management will give you all the training and support you need. Company is moving quickly and in the right direction.

ConsCoordinating with different departments can be difficult at times.

Multiple roles, immense learning opportunities.

Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsDuring my tenure of around two years, I had the opportunity to go beyond my role and learn other functional dimensions of the business. While some my consider it overburdening, I personally took it as an occasion to drive the maximum out of my time. I have learned so much from here that I was confident in starting my own business, to which I am currently a proud owner of.

ConsThe upper management can be stubborn but that is a given everywhere and anyone who runs a business sees the trait as a requirement. But still, being a little attentive to base employees might give new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little open to ideas from the base employees.

Terrible - F with the BBB - look it up

Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Nowhere, OK

ProsGood communication ONLY during recruitment. Interesting ad concept.

ConsThe communication gets harsh before training that "You will be sent home" if the presentation is not memorized. The communication gets flat out poor once you start. I was promised Sales Genie reports and they even have it on the first page of their training manual. Then I was told we don't use Sales Genie. I was told I'd get 1 week of field training. The last day of class training I was told I have enough experience to do without field training. Sales "Managers" seem to just be sales reps. When and if they return a call, they are in their car. I asked for additional necessary information 3 times and never received it. They will can you in a day or two if you don't have a sale. I looked up several previous employers that don't have an F with the BBB. They range from A+ to "No Rating" due to no info and no complaints. What a giant waste of time!

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst - NOBODY rates their company 5 stars. I've had company presidents, ceos, and owners that would use 4. Quit the LYING. Second - Try a central support area for field reps. This would be one or more people dedicated to answering questions who are not in their car with ketchup on their face and coffee in their lap. This would be best for new reps. You destroyed this relationship in days. Maybe the F with the BBB is indicative of how you run your company externally and internally.

The company is going through changes but they’re handling it better than most

Regional Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosthere is a huge emphasis on training. Our new hires are given all the information they need to succeed. The training manual is updated regularly and real experiences are shared with the group. In short, everyone is given everything right from the start.

Conswith how fast the company is moving, a lot of new people fill in old and new functions in in a short amount of time. It takes some time to get used to the speed of how things move.

Advice to Senior Managementbefore introducing new people with new functions, allow them some time to get comfortable in their position first. Introducing them prematurely gets them in a position where they get bombarded with tasks and requests that they may still not be able to fulfill

Great opportunity !

Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsTraining was accurate and very helpful. The manager for my area is very helpful and cares about my success. If I need help on a close they are just 1 call away. They offer a base salary which their competition does not. Great commission and it's paid weekly.

ConsA lot of phone calls every day. You have to drive your own car but you are given a allowance for this. You have to generate your own leads.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the contests going!

Worked for ShopperLocal? Contribute to the Community!