ShopperLocal

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014
3.5

Scott Hall

Had a nice time over here

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Durham, NC

I worked at ShopperLocal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Shopperlocal is a nice place to work. They pay well, condition is that you work hard. There is no place for for people who have a tendency to crib while those who want to learn are grow are appreciated abroad.

Cons

There are a few flaws within the organization which hamper the overall effectiveness of the operations. The communication between departments is not streamlined, this can be very harmful especially for the agents who have to handle the customers.

Please streamline the communication process so that it becomes easier for the agents to work.

Jul 31, 2014Project Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to review us! The leadership team here at the corporate office is working diligently to improve communication across the company. We completely agree that one of our ... More

Lies Lies

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at ShopperLocal full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outside sales, simple product. You are given a phone and ipad

Cons

Salary is not competitive. Disorganized, certain reps are set up for success better than others depending on store chains. I happen to know they have not filled some positions over a year later yet carefully crafted reviews posted by a "sales rep employee" are in place days after the actual reps leave the company. If there is a new rep having success how come there are no ads visible in the stores they service?? Notice how so many reviews are from Durham NC where to company is located . Run as fast as you can! If you can sell at all you can do better for sure.

A good journey altogether

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Durham, NC

I worked at ShopperLocal full-time for more than a year

Pros

An excellent place for learning what a tough job means. It is very important to understand that anything worth its while can only be accomplished by hard work. The sooner one understands this truth, the better for them. Working here made me appreciate the hard work and the results were fabulous. Within a period of 6 months, I was promoted to team leader and was greatly appreciated. This was a big step in my career.

Cons

The only con in working at shopperlocal is the hassle of dealing with problems that arise from mis-communication within departments. I guess this will have to be improved with time.

Please check that all communication issues are resolved otherwise they can give birth to blame games and other politics. This should be on the top of the list of critical issues.

Jul 31, 2014Project Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We're sorry that miscommunications in the company caused hassles for you. You are absolutely right - communication amongst different departments in the ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good company to work with, but not meant for everyone.

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative  in  Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Durham, NC

I have been working at ShopperLocal full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good growth opportunity, Hard work is always appreciated, Great Incentives

Cons

Communication issues between the departments usually leads to chaos.

The only thing that requires improvement is communication. The co-ordination between departments like sales and processing is not p to mart. Set protocols are needed to be defined.

Working at ShopperLocal has been a great learning experience.

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Durham, NC

I worked at ShopperLocal part-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked in ShopperLocal for more than one year and more than anything else, it has granted me the learning experience of a lifetime. The exposure I got here enabled me to understand the advertising side of a business which is of great aid in my own clinic.

Cons

The incentives are good but at times a few sales slips out of hand due to the lack of co-ordination within departments.

The communication between various departments needs improvisation perhaps by revisiting the process flow and adding a few protocols.

I've been with the company for over 2 years...I like the pace and level of responsibility I've been given.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at ShopperLocal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you're looking for a company that will allow you to take on as much responsibility as you can handle, and do it all to the best of your ability, this is the place to be. Fast pace environment.

Cons

Sometimes change happens a little too quickly.

keep looking forward.

Exciting company to be a part of

I have been working at ShopperLocal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to get good experience. Flexible work environment. As long as you're willing to put in the work, management will give you all the training and support you need. Company is moving quickly and in the right direction.

Cons

Coordinating with different departments can be difficult at times.

Multiple roles, immense learning opportunities.

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative  in  Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Durham, NC

I have been working at ShopperLocal full-time for more than a year

Pros

During my tenure of around two years, I had the opportunity to go beyond my role and learn other functional dimensions of the business. While some my consider it overburdening, I personally took it as an occasion to drive the maximum out of my time. I have learned so much from here that I was confident in starting my own business, to which I am currently a proud owner of.

Cons

The upper management can be stubborn but that is a given everywhere and anyone who runs a business sees the trait as a requirement. But still, being a little attentive to base employees might give new ideas.

Be a little open to ideas from the base employees.

Terrible - F with the BBB - look it up

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Nowhere, OK
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Nowhere, OK

I have been working at ShopperLocal full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good communication ONLY during recruitment. Interesting ad concept.

Cons

The communication gets harsh before training that "You will be sent home" if the presentation is not memorized. The communication gets flat out poor once you start. I was promised Sales Genie reports and they even have it on the first page of their training manual. Then I was told we don't use Sales Genie. I was told I'd get 1 week of field training. The last day of class training I was told I have enough experience to do without field training. Sales "Managers" seem to just be sales reps. When and if they return a call, they are in their car. I asked for additional necessary information 3 times and never received it. They will can you in a day or two if you don't have a sale. I looked up several previous employers that don't have an F with the BBB. They range from A+ to "No Rating" due to no info and no complaints. What a giant waste of time!

First - NOBODY rates their company 5 stars. I've had company presidents, ceos, and owners that would use 4. Quit the LYING. Second - Try a central support area for field reps. This would be one or more people dedicated to answering questions who are not in their car with ketchup on their face and coffee in their lap. This would be best for new reps. You destroyed this relationship in days. Maybe the F with the BBB is indicative of how you run your company externally and internally.

Jul 31, 2014Project Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback - we view constructive criticism as a good thing! We're sorry to hear that you had a frustrating training experience here at ShopperLocal. Over the ... More

The company is going through changes but they’re handling it better than most

Current Employee - Regional Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at ShopperLocal full-time for more than a year

Pros

there is a huge emphasis on training. Our new hires are given all the information they need to succeed. The training manual is updated regularly and real experiences are shared with the group. In short, everyone is given everything right from the start.

Cons

with how fast the company is moving, a lot of new people fill in old and new functions in in a short amount of time. It takes some time to get used to the speed of how things move.

before introducing new people with new functions, allow them some time to get comfortable in their position first. Introducing them prematurely gets them in a position where they get bombarded with tasks and requests that they may still not be able to fulfill

Worked for ShopperLocal? Contribute to the Community!