Shoprite Group Reviews

Deryck K. B. Nicholson

1. Easy day job

Former Employee - Internet Shopper in Clinton, NJ
    Former Employee - Internet Shopper in Clinton, NJ

I worked at Shoprite Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Made good friends, lots of freedom

Cons

Pay is low, politics can become annoying

Advice to Management

Chill out

2. I thought I would like working here, but recently I've changed my mind.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Shoprite Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy making customers happy

Cons

Unfortunately, everything else is a problem. Nothing is ever good enough. Ever.

Advice to Management

Please, treat employees better. I would hate to stop working here. Our complaints go ignored, and our department managers treat us terribly as well, and put us down for small mistakes, and they refuse to give us raises.

3. Good part time job for the summer.

Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Morganville, NJ
    Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Morganville, NJ

I worked at Shoprite Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility and most of my co-workers are great people

Cons

Management doesn't care about most issues and there's a high level of red tape and politics.

Advice to Management

Don't be so keen on kissing up to corporate that you start to bully retail staff.

5. Don't Work here

Current Employee - Cashier in Canton, CT
    Current Employee - Cashier in Canton, CT

Pros

Everyone who works there except for a few of the managers are great to work with. Customer interaction is probably the only thing I would consider fun about the job.

Cons

Front end management is incompetent. Very poor communication and lack of respect for the employees. Pay is just above minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with more respect. Work on communication skills. Don't talk down to employees for the smallest of mistakes. Give more incentive for doing a good job.

6. Cashier

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD

Pros

Fun, nothing too stressful. Pretty simple job, with no big tasks to complete. People are great to work with at the shop.

Cons

Some of the customers are not very kind. Some of the management doesn't always seem as educated as they should be.

Advice to Management

They need to listen to the people who work for them, even if they are lower employees, because they are the ones doing the dirty work, and see things every day.

7. this place is a nightmare

Former Employee - Cashier in West Milford, NJ
    Former Employee - Cashier in West Milford, NJ

Pros

fun employees, good music...sometimes, managers are nice and thoughtful...sometimes, usually enough employees so that your never insanely swamped with customers. good pay for a highschool student.

Cons

where do i start? - downright mean managers (we had 3) - horrible hours (3 pm-11:30 pm on a school night!) - very dirty work areas -rude customers - have to call a manager if you buy something there - not allowed to ring up relatives/friends

Advice to Management

start treating your employees like people, and not work drones. realize that if am employee is sick for more than a day that they may not have gone to the doctor and dosent have a doctors note and get fired (like me)

8. Bakery Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Pros

Union job, good benefits, a lot of hours available to work if desired, and the ability to make decent money.

Cons

Upper/middle management was not very competent, and owner was never happy with anything. Most of the co-workers are horrible to deal with on a daily basis and consistently have petty arguments with each other. Also, it's retail...so you have to deal with unhappy customers, which is part of the job, but doesn't make you look forward to going to work.

Advice to Management

Allow department managers to run their department with less interference from upper management, and have middle managers actually know what they are talking about and understand the jobs of the departments they manage to create a better atmosphere. Also, have HR do a better job of hiring people that actually want to do the job and have passion for what they are doing.

9. Simple and easy

Current Employee - Cashier in Fair Lawn, NJ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Fair Lawn, NJ

Pros

-Easy, flexible, busy, smiley happy place to work

Cons

-Too busy, rude customers, horrible organization

Advice to Management

N/a

10. ok place for pt job

Pros

-tuition reemburstment -benefits for pt workers -allow one to have flexible schedule

Cons

-bad departmental management -unfair wage tactics -fire and rehire employees who go to college & come back - how they get away with not providing employees with same wages as their counter parts

Advice to Management

get rid of a few people with bad attitudes, if your workers cannot relate or feel comfortable talking to an HR or senior level management person, there is a problem.

11. Great for Students....

Current Employee - Cashier in Rochelle Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Rochelle Park, NJ

Pros

- Decent Pay, for someone who doesn't have a lot of bills to pay - Easy Work, not much to it, just shut your brain off and be quick and nice - Work/Life Balance, can have a social life and handle other activities - Great for Students, Ideal place for students, highly recommended

Cons

- Management incompetent and have an inflated ego - Customers seem to think they are better then you, if you can get past this then you will do fine. - Older Co-workers have an attitude, they seem to think they are better then everyone because they have spent their entire life devoted to this company.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with more respect, and stop with the God complex

RSS Feed </> Embed