Shore Thing Marketing Reviews

1. Good experience

Former Employee - Account Executive in South Plainfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in South Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing

Pros

-Teaches good entry level thinking.
    -Teaches how to work sales positions.

Cons

-100% commission.
    -Territories are not always places to succeed.

Advice to Management

Put base salary in place.

Ready for a rough road?

Former Employee - Leader in East Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Leader in East Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing full-time

Pros

Fun people... Basically like college in suits. No supervision, work as hard or as little as you wish BUT.......

Cons

100% commission, they offer a 'base salary' of $400 plus silly bonuses. But what they conveniently skip over is the fact that the base is only if you hit xx amount of accounts (which you would make more if u did 100% commission) and if you don't hit xx amount of accounts you don't get the $400 so its ridiculous. I was driving roughly 1000 miles a week to work, then to my "territory" back to the office and home again every day. 10-12 hour days btw... More if you go out for "team nights" which is basically a bar for drinks to sell you the dream even more. Absolutely a pyramid scheme. Dont get me wrong, i busted my arse and had $1200 weeks, but after gas and wear and twar on my car it wasnt much . Lastly, the "dream" is a joke. Our ceo says how much $$ he makes is ridiculous but always wears the same suit, drives an old car, and just doesn't radiate money like he says ... "im a baller" you can be one too... In years hahahah c'mon.

Advice to Management

Just be honest. You dont have to suck people in... People who want to sell, and want "the dream" will drink the kool aid. Btw, if you make as much as you brag about... By the team a round at "team night" since they are making YOU $$$.. Maybe they will believe your salary lol

3. Anything is better than this

Current Employee - Former Employee
    Current Employee - Former Employee

I have been working at Shore Thing Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

College age co-workers but have all been brainwashed in this "dream"

Cons

This is actually two business's recruiting under one. Rich owns shore thing and Duran owns what used to be "the marketing professionas" now called "atlantic solutions"...Cydcor company. Google cydcor and devil corp blog before taking a job offer from this company

Sell you a dream of management in 6-12 months when assistant managers make the same money as entry level employees and have been there for years growing their "teams" to expand. This is a pyramid scheme business

Advice to Management

Find a real job and stop scamming people with false hopes and dreams of management in "6-12 months"

5. Pyramid scheme

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing full-time

Pros

People are friendly and always go for drinks after work... Builds confidence. Learn public speaking skills.

Cons

100% commission. Long days outside in the cold and heat. Drive all day and no gas money (lots of wear and tear on car). You feel like people care about you there...but really it is a pyramid scheme and they NEED you to do good so that is why everyone helps you and is nice...it is NOT because they actually care!

Advice to Management

Be a little more HONEST in the interview (even though Cydor prefers you not to). Don't get so wasted with your employees all the time it is very unprofessional...

Amazing opportunity to kick start your professional career.

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Starting this job straight out of college was the best thing I could have done for my long-term career goals. I was taught how to sell, how to stay motivated, and how to motivate/train others. The training you receive in an Account Manager role is truly invaluable; learning how to be successful at not only sales in general, but how to communicate with different types of people to get your point across is a skill you will use in any field, at all levels. Also, the team here is amazing, and really cares about your success - if you want/need help, there are some amazing resources you can tap in to. Not to sound cliche, but work hard, play hard is the best - especially if you are entry-level/at the beginning of your professional career.

Cons

Is this job hard? YES. Some people might see that as a Con, and that opinion in itself will tell you whether or not you will be successful. I worked some long hours sometimes and again, it was the best experience - a great work ethic is what makes or breaks your success in ANY job. You see people who get promoted, and you see people who don't, just like anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Not much to say here... the management team is extremely personable and are valuable resources for both professional and personal growth/success.

Transformative

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing

Pros

People who want to develop a sales career need a set of core qualities and fundamentals which are often missing from today's industry talent. One great parts about this company is that it not only gives you the ability to grow within the company, but also develops you as an all-around asset to any company. My experience at Shore Thing helped me to make money and make friends, and eventually helped to develop me into an elite producer at a Fortune 150 company.

If you are seeking to be challenged, to work with people who treat you like family, and to have a blast developing your career, this is the company for you.

Cons

An up-tempo sales campaign can push you out of your comfort zone, and drive you to a level of activity you might not have known you were capable of. The upsides or downsides of that are completely up to you. What someone gains from a position with this company is directly proportional to what they put into it. The right candidate with the right attitude can produce some pretty remarkable results.

My experience at Shore Thing Marketing has taught me how to train develop others and how to lead others to success.

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing full-time

Pros

If you like to travel, have fun while making money and building relationships with others, this is a great opportunity.

Cons

I have nothing to say other than everything I've learned through this company I use in my daily life.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. You have impacted my life in so many ways and I thank you for that.

“Exactly what I was looking for - Training & Advancement ”

Current Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in South Plainfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in South Plainfield, NJ

I have been working at Shore Thing Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being a decently new graduate, it's tough to get a job right out of college - You either find great jobs that require experience, or not so great jobs that you have to be at for at least a year or so to gain the knowledge & experience to put on your resume for those jobs that require 1-2 years experience. This job has a great balance of everything I was looking for!

I knew when I started I wasn't going to be going straight into an executive role, but that I could start out Entry-Level, and receive the coaching and training I needed with ONE company in order to move up quickly. The pay is fair, offering a base AND commissions, the environment is relaxed and fun, yet professional, and the growth opportunities are exceptional.

Cons

I honestly can't say there are any. This company and opportunity are exactly what I was looking for. A real life Business experience

Advice to Management

I really appreciate the fact that you guys are so hands-on and personable. You know each and every employee, and get to know them beyond the professional environment. It makes it that much easier to ask questions and for additional help and coaching.

10. A great stepping stone

Former Employee - Account Manager in South Plainfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in South Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot of transferable skills with this company such as sales, training, team work, self management, recruiting, public speaking and problem solving that made me very marketable towards my next job.

Cons

Glass half empty, glass half full. I liked working commission while others didn't. I liked working hard while others didn't. Everybody has different preferences and opinions. The position can be very challenging.

Advice to Management

Be patient with the employees. Just because they graduated from college doesn't necessarily mean they have grown up. Each person grows professionally at their own pace. I see great potential in some of the newest employees.

11. Terrific place to learn and grow!

Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Irvine, CA

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great way to get into sales! The opportunity is there to grow within the company, and also grow experience within sales. If you have an chance to learn from Rich Dinella on the sales cycle, and listen to his advice, you can without a doubt be successful within this company.

Cons

It may not be a con, but success at this company is up to you. If you want to have a job where you coast and don't work very hard, this may not be for you. However, this is what I enjoyed about this company--- If you want success, it is entirely predicated on you!!!

RSS Feed </> Embed