Shore Thing Marketing

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard Dinella

“Stability, Growth and Advancement”

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Shore Thing Marketing full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of advancement and growth at Shore Thing Marketing. Have been working at the Shore Thing for 6 months and on the verge of getting another promotion.

Lots of travel for top performers. Top account managers get to travel around the country.

Competitive pay. Base Salaries and high commissions. No cap on commissions.
Gas reimbursed.
Paid travel.
IPADS
Sports Events

ConsIt is hard work, long hours, and challenging at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep sending out the business trips. It is great for big picture.

Growth, Advancement, Travel. You get what you want out of this

Senior Team Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at Shore Thing Marketing full-time for less than a year

ProsSince working at Shore Thing Marketing, Inc. I have seen 4 promotions.
Traveled around the country to visit different branch offices.(Houston , Boston, Rhode Island, Philadelphia)
Represent Largest Energy Company.
Paid Travel
Management openings
No CAP on commissions! Most companies "cap" you out
Full Training provided
AMAZING COWOKERS -Work Hard / Play Hard Environment

ConsDirect Marketing is a tough racket. If your a typical 9-5 type person and not into everyday being different, I highly recommend choosing a different career.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the amazing, fast paced, fun, energetic environment. Its a pleasure working for you!

I LOVED working here!”

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing full-time for more than a year

ProsThis office is such a great team. They work so well together and promote great people as a result. They handle huge name clients with the utmost integrity. They treat everyone like business partners, not employees. They are some of the most hard working individuals you will come across but balance it with a ton of fun. They are an amazing group to work with and I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a career in the business world.

ConsIf you are looking to sit behind a desk all day or in a cubicle, this isn't the position for you! If you are good at interacting with people, this IS the position for you.

Rip off

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing

ProsOnly pros are you would be working with people in their mid-late twenties

ConsIt's a rip off. $10 an hour. Office is NOT in Montclair. You are selling people energy at a fixed rate which will end up hurting them in the long run and costing them more money. Hours are 7:30-5:30/6 and you are barely making $10 an hour. No structure to the business whatsoever.

Great people, hard work

Account Manager (Former Employee)

Pros*Very good environment
*Management is very hands on and really cares about everyone's development & success
*Some of the best people I have ever worked with
*If you work hard, it will be recognized & will be rewarded
*Very good opportunity for growth
* Travel opportunity
*Team/Office nights
*Fundraiser events for charities

Cons*Entry level position
*Must put in hard work and long hours
*100% commission

Advice to Senior ManagementNone! It was a great opportunity, I learned a lot, and really enjoyed working with you! Thanks for everything!

Hard Work Does Pay Off

Account Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Shore Thing Marketing full-time for more than a year

ProsThe best part about this position is if you're willing to work hard, the managers will recognize your efforts and reward you with company resources --ie. Advancement opportunity, travel, additional income and bonuses etc. I loved my time at Shore Thing Marketing, Inc., the management staff really does focus on developing an individual from their very first day (which was totally opposite than my internships or my first job I took out of college that I thought would be my career).

ConsThe only reason I left is to go back to school and pursue my MBA. I really did like everyone working there, and the office atmosphere and energy. The only thing I would say is only apply if you're willing to work hard. It's an entry level position and they're willing to train you in all aspects of business but you have to put the work in to learn up front.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't have any, thanks for the opportunity to learn more about the business world! My experience was great.

Hard Work Does Pay Off

Account Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Shore Thing Marketing full-time for more than a year

If you're educated and looking for a career, this is not the company for you

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing full-time for more than a year

ProsThe employees are nice and friendly. The atmosphere in the office is usually upbeat and everyone seems to stay positive most of the time.

ConsThis company mimics that of a multi-level marketing (mlm) or pyramid scheme.
Management profits solely off of the sales which are generated by employees.
All employees work on 100% commission. Also if you are paid for sales and the customer cancels, the funds will be deducted from your next paycheck.
Gas, tolls, etc., is not always reimbursed.
Management favors certain employees and not everyone gets an equal opportunity for advancement.
There are team nights during the week after hours as well as weekend events which are mandatory and unpaid.
Sales pitch is based on half-truths and is deceitful to customers.
There are no vacation, sick days nor paid or unpaid vacation day for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees should be paid a salary for their time, hard work, and dedication they give to the company.

“Great Entry Level Experience, Really Friendly Staff”

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing full-time for more than a year

ProsAfter reading some of these other reviews, I think people really have the wrong impression of what an entry level position is. Entry level means you're hired with no previous work experience, you're supposed to work long and hard, gaining experience in a field in which you either determine is for you -- or not for you. When I first started at Shore Thing Marketing, I accepted the position simply because the staff seemed really friendly, the environment was upbeat and professional, and at the end of the day I was going to be gaining valuable sales & marketing experience (which is what I needed for my first career choice - which was pharmaceutical sales). The owner, Rich Dinella, was a pleasure to work with. He really dedicates his time to the people who either ask for it, or earn it. He'll give you one-on-one time with him, and the advice he gave me really helped me grow personally and professionally. Now, it was apparent he didn't do this with every employee...but who can when you have roughly 20 employees in the company. I truly enjoyed my experience with Shore Thing. I learned time management skills, how to properly manage my weekly finances, how to coach and develop other entry level people (and many other things). If you're looking for a true entry level position and you're willing to work hard, I strongly recommend you begin your career search with Shore Thing Marketing.

ConsThe downsides are minor. Yes it's longer hours (M-F 7:30-5:30pm) and the pay is roughly 33,000-35,000 a year; but again it's the experience you're going for.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe morning schedule could be a little more organized...sometimes people were confused about what meeting to be in, but again that's minor too.

“A great opportunity surrounded by an amazing culture!!!”

Entry Level Marketing Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Shore Thing Marketing full-time for more than a year

ProsThe atmosphere at Shore Thing Marketing. is one of a kind. The office is filled with young, ambitious, driven individuals who truly love what they do. It's a great place to come into everyday where you can see progression in yourself, both personally and professionally.

ConsShore Thing Marketing is fueled by a highly competitive nature that may not be for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great job! The energy, excitement, and passion you bring into work each day makes this place refreshing to come into everyday.

Worked for Shore Thing Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shore Thing Marketing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Shore Thing Marketing CEO Richard Dinella. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Shore Thing Marketing employees.