ShoreBank

ShoreBank Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mary Houghton

Great company to work for.

I have been working at ShoreBank

ProsGreat company culture, mission orientation, friendly coworkers, and shared values are some of the best reasons for working at ShoreBank.

ConsThe bank was placed in receivership in the summer of 2010, but the excellent qualities of working at ShoreBank live on through several surviving, former affiliated companies.

Graduate Summer Intern

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at ShoreBank

ProsThere are a surprising number of well educated, quality people for a small bank.
The company has a mission that you can be proud of and an international reputation.
Everyone from the middle management to the president of the company are happy and willing to spare time for a lowly intern. Including providing help networking with other prospective employers.

ConsInterns are given a lot of responsibility but unfortunately the Intern pay is not a living wage for a city like Chicago

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does a great job of bringing a small but spread out company together. However, more events which allow all of the companies affiliates to learn about parent company would be nice.

Overall, good place to work.

I have been working at ShoreBank

ProsThey do wonderful work in the community. Truly a unique organization.

ConsThe company could stand to invest more money in upgrading/updating its systems. However, as new blood enters, things are improving slowly but surely.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great company, real mission and care for the communities they serve.

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at ShoreBank

ProsGreat company, real mission and care for the communities they serve. The company also attracts smart, engaging people so my colleagues there were fun to work with. They have a CEO of your career program in which you can spend $500 each year in any way you like as long as it leads to your career development. Tuition reimbursement and benefits overall are also quite good.

ConsDepending on the group that you are in, hours can sometimes be long. Shorebank does a lot of innovative work, but that also means they sometimes also change direction or focus. Groups can be refocused or eliminated.
Their work locations are in the neighborhoods they serve, but they are not always commute friendly.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove information technology infrastructure.

Worked for ShoreBank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ShoreBank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ShoreBank CEO Mary Houghton. All reviews posted anonymously by ShoreBank employees.