www.shoretel.com

Updated January 21, 2015
Updated January 21, 2015
4.1

Don Joos

Pros
  • Fantastic work-life balance and compensation is above industry standard (in 6 reviews)

• Great Culture and Great People working towards a common goal of being (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The career growth is a joke, although they claim to make it a priority to see their employees advance (in 5 reviews)

• Senior management decisions were often based on personal agenda's regardless of the massive conflicting data being presented to them (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great work environment

I have been working at ShoreTel

Pros

Great work environment. Great managers and co-workers.

Cons

I had joined the company as

Does not value quality employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at ShoreTel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly lax work environment. Fun perks.

Cons

Lots of laziness in management.

Get rid of your C and D players and be sure to compensate and value top employees.

The recruiters and interview experience was top notch, a great indicator of a quality company and organization.

Current Employee - Channel Marketing Manager in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Channel Marketing Manager in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at ShoreTel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Communications, follow up, starting "right start" program.

Cons

No Cons at this time

Great Work LIfe Balance

Current Employee - Partner Business Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Partner Business Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ShoreTel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The product really does work. Yes, there are some things that have gone wrong in the latest software releases but we've been accustomed to years of things working so smoothly that we get antsy when some software issues crop up. We need to take a step back and consider what it's like at other competitors in our field to see how good we are. Management stays out of my business as long as I'm making my numbers. And customers really do like our stuff, making you feel good about what you're doing everyday.

Cons

The above mentioned software issues are far too frequent given how much QA focus we're told we've had lately. Compensation here for Sales is not as good as it was several years ago. Commissions in particular. More work for less pay. The work life balance is the only thing that makes up for that.

The product is being totally refreshed in 2015. The company is betting the farm on that. Don't screw it up! If we get it right we have a bright future to increase market share in an increasing market. But it isn't easy to re-engineer the entire product into something unique in the marketplace. If we get it wrong the company will be sold at a discount to one of our competitors and all the great things we did here will fade into history.

Oct 27, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking time to review ShoreTel – the perspective you provided is appreciated! As an employee you already know that we are always striving to improve in all areas of our business. To ... More

The management is positive and supportive. Good company with opportunity to build many skill sets

I have been working at ShoreTel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many opportunities for career advancement

Cons

Lean staffing requires long work hours

Progressive high-tech company treats workers with professionalism, respect, and class.

Current Employee - Technical Writer
    Current Employee - Technical Writer

I have been working at ShoreTel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

ShoreTel lives it's own mission statement to "provide phone systems and applications with an experience that businesses love." This company embraces cutting-edge technology, empowers progressive leadership, provides an open, fun, collaborative environment, hires well-adjusted qualified personnel, and from what I can see treats individuals with respect and compassion.

Cons

Because the company is spread out over multiple locations from from California to Texas to New York (and points in between), some travel is required (several to many weeks per year), which is not always a "con" and can actually be a plus if you like adventure.

Honestly, management seems to be very efficient and professional in their actions and statements to staff. However, one area that could be improved would be to server higher caliber wines and craft beers at corporate functions!

Oct 9, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your glowing review. We’ll work on a better selection of beverages for our employee functions, and please don’t hesitate to let make suggestions to the local HR team that puts ... More

ShoreTel Experience

Current Employee - NPI Program Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - NPI Program Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at ShoreTel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The product and the people at ShoreTel are great. Everyone at ShoreTel is a Team player and the companies success and growth reflect that.

Cons

The company benefits and compensation programs need revising. They are not a competitive as they should be.

Please continue to lead by example and to have good core values and communication skills.

Oct 9, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review. As a growing, global company we strive to attract, hire and retain the best talent in the industry and look for ways to improve. Our compensation and benefit team are no ... More

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at ShoreTel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay for the area is descent. The office culture is light hearted and they attempt to incorporate a fun work environment.

Cons

Promotions through support they advertise as their "Talent Factory" however they offer no training or opportunities to get you where you want to go. So moving out of that department at times can be difficult unless you know the right people.

Incorporate more positive culture building activities. The positive culture building activities have began to slow down, thus calling a stagnation in moral. This is a good company that has good employees. Continue to promote their love for working for you!

Oct 9, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Great feedback! We are working on career roadmaps for many of our groups & teams – we anticipate rolling these out in the coming months. The roadmaps will help employees map out a direction and ... More

Not a good company

I have been working at ShoreTel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is true to say the company is in flux. If we can pull off the move to cloud and still keep the business we have then that will be a plus. Compensation is middling but decent if you get into the right group. Great place to work if you are in the right clique.

Cons

Odd company and poor middle management. No real strategy as they seem to make it up as they go and don't really stick with one. Not really willing to listen to partners, though customers do get their voices heard through surveys. Maybe they will get bought by a stronger company, but not sure the market for what we offer is that strong. There are better places to work if you are in their 3 major cities.

Pick a strategy and follow it.

Good company, very good co-workers

Former Employee - Contract Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Contract Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at ShoreTel as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

It has a good working environment especially for beginners. Co-workers were very helpful. Lots of team events and picnics. Very multi-cultural and friendly environment. I enjoyed working here.

Cons

The only drawback is that compensation is on the lower side.

Increase the pay and share your vision with all employees.