ShoreTel

www.shoretel.com

ShoreTel Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Don Joos

Pros
  • Work life balance is valued, with the inclusion of programs for teaching employees music subsidized by the company(in 5 reviews)

• Great products, great people, fun place to be(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is horrible, most have worked with the CEO previously(in 5 reviews)

• revolving door with upper management and knee jerk decision making(in 5 reviews)

Great place to work!!!

Tech Support Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThere are opportunities for career progression. Very friendly atmosphere and colleagues. The role is providing me with a fantastic platform to develop individually and there is no pressure from the bosses.
    Compared to every other place I have worked, the welfare here is fantastic--lots of treats. (very difficult to loose weight with all the food!!!)

ConsCould do with some more training even the initial training was quite good. The scope of operations is very broad and thus its difficult to grasp as much as possible quickly. More intensive training will be beneficial.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on training, training, training

Great Place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsShoreTel Does a Great job providing for their employees. Employees have subsidized snacks, free beverages, and free burgers and hotdogs provided every Friday throughout the summer. ShoreTel also does its best to make employees feel valued in their positions and important to the future of the company.

ConsAny time you work for a public company there are minor annoyances associated with SOX compliance. ShoreTel does a great job of balancing the laws requirements with practical business practices.

Not your average corporation

ProsThe company offers a great work environment with room for advancement, supportive coworkers, not-so-average employee programs and parties

ConsAs with any public corporation, morale and culture are difficult to maintain without active involvement from all departments

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best place to work!!!

Services (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsShoreTel has a great culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and accountability. I have found that performance is rewarded and that there is a tremendous amount of opportunity for individuals that have a lot of initiative and drive. I also have found that. All of the offices are unique and management seems to be genuinely interested in making ShoreTel a great place to be.

ConsCompensation is good but could be better

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at total compensation as compared to the industry

Fantastic place to work, great people and lots of potential for growth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsI love this company. Employees are by and large very engaged, eager to work together and willing to embrace change. The culture is open and collaborative, and the people pull together quickly to reach our goals.

ConsMarket behavior is shifting and making quick decisions in response is a fact of life. There will always be individuals who are more comfortable with the status quo, and it's up to the rest of us to set the tone.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the bi-directional communications paths open so everyone has their chance to

Never Boring! Nice People!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsRewarding and challenging. Best boss I have ever had. Smart, hard-working colleagues who treat each other with respect. Hip culture that is getting better all the time.

ConsNot for the faint of heart. Better have your game on. This company is going places and everyone has to pull their weight. If you want a simple and predictable job to simply get a paycheck, this place could overwhelm you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep building the fun culture. Watch for not pushing people too hard. Encourage employees to take care of their work/life balance.

Great to learn cloud implementation

Director (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsFantastic work-life balance and compensation is above industry standard. Get to work on some of the cutting edge technologies in the cloud today

ConsStock price is a bit low currently but sure it will pop once the current R&D programs are delivered

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more visibility

ShoreTel values its employees

Credit Collections Analyst (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsShoreTel offers great benefits. You feel valued as an employee. Direct managers are great! Very supportive environment. Good work/life balance. People are all great to work with and very helpful.

ConsI am a new hire and so far I have not had any negative experiences.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould like to see cross training to get a full understanding of how it all falls into place with the role your hired to do.

Great place to work, great people and can a little fun while doing it

ProsGreat products, great people, fun place to be. working to always to be better, working to be the leader in cloud
    Mgmt team is postivie

ConsBeen a lot of change for the better

Advice to Senior Managementlisten more to the partners and field team

Exciting Times Ahead

ProsThe people are the best at ShoreTel. Everyone is willing to help each other out. When you enjoy what you do, it is not even considered work.

The leadership seems to have the direction set and I am excited about what is to come.

ConsThe organization is evolving to our next level and with that comes change management struggles.

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect with the people to continue the upward conversation.

Worked for ShoreTel? Contribute to the Community!