Shorewest Realtors

Realtor, Full-Time

Former Employee - Realtor  in  Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Realtor in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Shorewest Realtors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unlimited Income Potential, set own ours, own boss.

Cons

Income can go up and down, no guarantees till closings, nights and weekends common.

Share a LITTLE more with your agents on the cusp of the top comp plan, it will keep them from jumping ship.

You get sit down in a high powered car and pushed out into the mud.

Former Employee - Real Estate Broker Associate  in  Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Real Estate Broker Associate in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Shorewest Realtors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great atmosphere. Great support infrastructure for agents.

Cons

Difficult to engage the support structure after initial on-boarding phase. Tech tools are showing their age with updates being rather spaced out. Tech tools are too focused on what is neat rather than what is most powerful.

Engage social media on the companies terms, don't be focused on getting the agents into their sphere. Instead, use the proven tools and integrate them more thoroughly on your own websites.

Receptionist

Former Employee - Receptionist  in  New Berlin, WI
    Former Employee - Receptionist in New Berlin, WI

I worked at Shorewest Realtors part-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a good learning experience.

Cons

Can sometimes be very stressful dealing with clients. This is a stressful business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place to work.

Former Employee - Real Estate Agent  in  Racine, WI
    Former Employee - Real Estate Agent in Racine, WI

I worked at Shorewest Realtors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly People
    Management is there to help

Cons

Real estate is commission only.

Keep doing what you are doing

Amazing company, headed by amazing people!

I have been working at Shorewest Realtors

Pros

From the top down, Shorewest is a well-run company. The Horning family goes out of their way to promote a positive, professional atmosphere which sets Shorewest apart from many other companies in the field.

Cons

If you aren't financially able to handle a commission-only pay structure in a currently volatile market, you may be better off applying for an hourly/salary position. Aside from this consideration, I have nothing negative to say!

Continue doing things in the same spirit as you have been!

Company where you have all of the support mechanisms to be successful and to serve your clients to the highest degree.

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent  in  New Berlin, WI
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in New Berlin, WI

I have been working at Shorewest Realtors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Leading company in all of Wisconsin. Has the most tools for your career. Great internal training programs to improve your performance.

Cons

Unfortunately, benefits cannot be shared with real estate agents as you are a independent contractor. This is not a negative, it is the same for all realtors, not for support staff.

Shorewest promises you the world but doesn't deliver on any of their promises.

Former Employee - Realtor  in  Oak Creek, WI
    Former Employee - Realtor in Oak Creek, WI

I worked at Shorewest Realtors

Pros

Shorewest has the market-share in the area that it operates.

Cons

The downsides are they do not fufill any of the promises they make to their new agents. They promised free coaching, free signage, one-on-one mentoring just to name a few things but never delivered. I was told by the office manager in oak creek not to contact the owners for anything. If I had a problem to go to her directly. That is fine but most of the problems were caused by her lack of management skills to begin with. This also totally negates the owners "open-door" policy. I am not sure if the problems I encountered happen at all of the Shorewest offices. I know other agents that started at the same time as me went to different offices and one og them received the coaching that was promised but several of the agents at my office just laughed when I asked them about it. "good luck with that" was their reply. I was also promised signs with my name and pic on it but was charged for them when they arrived. They did give me a paper sign with the word shorwest and an arrow on it. They also make floor time mandatory but have no receptionist to answer the phones. It basically breaks down to you becoming a receptionist 2-3 times a week for 3-4 hours at a time. Other companies require you to be in the building but at least you can work on your listings and such. Shorewest has you sending faxes and answering phones. Hire an administrative person to handle those activities. It is unfair to expect your agents who are paying you to work there to have to perform those types of duties. You also get charged for alot of the services Shorewest offers whether you use them or not. ShorewestTV is a perfect example. I never had an advertisement on it and did not use it in my marketing plan but was still forced to pay for it. This is but one example of MANY charges that I was charged but did not use. Don't be suckered in to joining this firm. Almost every other agent I talked to outside of Shorewest said that I would be better off going elsewhere. They prey on new agents that don't know the ropes. They were right.......

Stop promising the world to prospective agents and tell them the truth!!! You tell people what you think they want to hear when in reality all we want is honesty.

good company ,realtor work not good for family with young kids

Former Employee - Realtor  in  Janesville, WI
    Former Employee - Realtor in Janesville, WI

I worked at Shorewest Realtors

Pros

make your own hours, no office time required to anwser phones

Cons

as with any realtor sales job you need to be able to leave on a dime to go and show property even later at night when your home with family.

excellent training on computer

Shorewest Realtors is a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Shorewest Realtors

Pros

Family Owned and they really care about their employees. Open door policy with the owners, they are very accessible as is management. Higher level of professionalism among agents than with other companies. Better able to service clients because of the local/statewide presence and resources at the Milwaukee area headquarters

Cons

No real cons, most agents are trying to move to this company during the down re market and a fear is that they will get too big and loose some of the things that make them special

More agents don't necessarily mean more market share. Don't grow so much in the name of market share that you loose that small company feel

Worked for Shorewest Realtors? Contribute to the Community!