Shoutlet

Add Photos

Shoutlet CEO Jason Weaver

Jason Weaver

Great Culture - Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Shoutlet full-time

ProsGreat culture, a lot of opportunity for growth, free cereal bar, awesome team, good benefits, vacation time

ConsI can't think of any.

Amazing culture, Amazing employees, Spectacular Software

I have been working at Shoutlet full-time

ProsEveryone that works there are team players, and everyone works to solve any issue big or small above and beyond the call of duty.

All the right people gathered under one roof to make a world class piece of software. It's constantly growing and evolving.

Good pay, great benefits, lunches provided monthly, team building exercises. Lots of "relaxing" spots to chill, watch some tv, recharge your batteries and hop back into the day!

Positive minded people that work HARD.

ConsAs a small company we find challenges in operating, sometimes communication needs to be adjusted to get the best information into new hands or the right hands.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways make sure everyone is in the loop and knows what's going on so that we can contribute ideas to improve, sometimes the "lowest" on the totem pole knows exactly what the customer needs

Started Off Great and Couldn't Have Ended Any Worse

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Shoutlet full-time for more than a year

Prosthe original team was great and the direction of the company was clear until that all changed

ConsNew team came in and cleaned house. Everyone pretty much left and it's a completely different organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate the decisions and direction the company is going in. Small minded mid western mentality gets in the way of big picture enterprise strategy.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing company with matching growing pains.

I have been working at Shoutlet full-time

ProsGreat people, good vision, hot industry.

ConsThe culture is changing, they pay less than industry average, lots and lots of empty promises, overinflated earning potential. This was a good company growing at a steady pace. Recent management changes are uprooting the culture of the company and it is yet to be determined how this will end up. Some of this is good and the vision of where they want to go is good (although being tried by many many companies and not at all revolutionary) but anyone coming into this needs to know that how they are setting it up is going to be a significant challenge for even the very best employees. The new leaders have unrealistic timeframes for things to happen and when it doesn't happen that quickly it is going to get very ugly. 2013 is going to be a very tough year. Those that can make it through that will be OK, but there will be few that do. Management will bring in lots and lots of new people and not many will make it. There will be a promise of upside and ownership and huge money, don't fall for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down, get real with your projections, follow through on commitments.

Social software start-up in the midwest

Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Shoutlet full-time for more than a year

ProsMajority of the people at Shoutlet are very cool, professional and motivated.
High-quality products well managed with consistent innovation
Work hard, play hard culture
Excellent benefits

ConsThe leadership team can be passive-aggressive
Risk of obsolescence in the "comfort zone" of Madison
Compensation is on the lower side of the industry average

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to define and share the vision, strategy and core values for the company with the team.

Interesting work, wonderful amenities, cool people.

PHP Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Shoutlet full-time for more than a year

ProsAwesome company outings, beer on tap all day, friday afternoons off in summer, exciting industry to work in.

ConsShoutlet is feeling some growing pains, but it's still moving in a great direction.

It was a great place to work before all the growth

I have been working at Shoutlet full-time for more than a year

ProsFun place to work in Madison, lots of perks like free soda and fun people. Always something going on that's new and exciting. Company is growing like crazy so always lots of new people. Lots of fun employee outings like bowling. Get to work with some large brands and big companies.

ConsSome of the management is stuck up and rude to employees. Have seen people fired because they "no longer fit."

Worked for Shoutlet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shoutlet reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Shoutlet CEO Jason Weaver. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Shoutlet employees.