Showcase Event Group
www.showcaseeventgroup.com Atlanta, GA

Showcase Event Group Reviews

Jake Akers

I got to travel several times throughout the year!

Brand Ambassador (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsI love traveling! I don't care if it is personal travel or for business; I really enjoy experiencing other places. This is one of the reasons that I love working at Showcase Event Group!

I have had the opportunity to experience several trips to Dallas, a week in Cabo San Lucas, and a week in Jamaica. I have never worked at any other company that facilities my ability to see the world. I feel really lucky to work at Showcase Event Group!

ConsI have not experienced any cons while working at Showcase Event Group. From the interview process, to training, to my everyday work life, I have always known what is expected of me. The lines of communication are always open!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the travel opportunities! Especially the ones that are a "thank you" to high performing employees! It is a great way to motivate people all year!

Work here only if you are ok with working hard for low pay

Starter (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe commission plan they lay in front of you is very good!

ConsThe commission plan they lay in front of you is false. Once I started the actual job I found out no one makes that amount they tell you from the start.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to innocent people

Opportunities and Growth!

Brand Ambassador (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsI enjoyed having the opportunity to attend the top leader's meeting in Dallas and getting to network with people across the company including top owners. I enjoy being a part of a company that is dedicated to your success.

ConsEveryone doesn't appreciate the opportunities as much as some people which is sad to see.

Advice to Senior ManagementI like the management. They work very hard! Human resources dept is wonderful and so helpful. I say continue caring the way you guys do and you will always have happy employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love working here. Great Travel Opportunities

Marketing Associate and Representative (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe travel opportunities have been tremendous! Within the first 6 months I have been able to travel to Dallas and Puerto Rico.

I was able to work first hand with one of our new clients and help develop the campaign.

ConsTo get far in this company you will have to hard (or just work smarter not harder) you will have to put time in to accomplish your goals whatever they may be. Leaders can be tough on you but not too overwhelming and I understand that they want the best for their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can tell that management cares about their employees, they also work very hard to job the job done and get it done right. The only thing I would say is have more team nights.

Great Company - Growth Potential - Great Place to Start Career

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)
    Dunwoody, GA

ProsCompany had A LOT of growth potential. Great place to get started on a career. Team environment, and has employees with great drive and high work ethic. Just a fun place to work. I laugh constantly at my job. I have seen so many deserving people get promoted and their hard work acknowledged. There are great travel opportunities as well!

ConsHigh turn over rate but that is common for most marketing based companies. This company is career orientated so people who are looking for a job tend not to succeed in this company and typically are the ones that will have a bitter taste in their mouth about position. There are no hand outs so must have strong work ethic otherwise this is not a company for you.

Beware of false promises. YOU WILL WORK OFF COMMISSION

Promoter (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe only pro I can think of is that I do not work there anymore. Thank freaking Christ.

ConsDespite what they tell you in the interview, you will be paid based on how many products you get out the door. Period. You will drive all over northern Georgia and will only receive $11 for gas no matter how far you go. You will work 11-14 hour days six to seven days a week. No sick days, no benefits, nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to innocent people who are just looking for a decent job. You can't even call what you're doing "sugar coating" because telling someone they'll make $50,000 a year then paying them $100 for two weeks is a BOLD FACED LIE.

Don't waste your time unless money is not an issue for you

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI guess if you try hard, you can make it to manager in a short amount of time.

ConsThey expect you to go all over the city setting up events and basically you get 7.50 an hour plus commission. Not cool.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe upfront during the first interview about how much people really make right away.

Worked for Showcase Event Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Showcase Event Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Showcase Event Group CEO Jake Akers. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Showcase Event Group employees.