Showcase Event Group

Jake Akers

Great Company!

Former Employee - Executive Assistant/Social Media in Dunwoody, GA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant/Social Media in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at Showcase Event Group as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Showcase Event Group is a great company that offers endless growth and development. Although I was only here for a couple months I was able to meet some amazing people that worked here that were truly passionate about what they do. The environment was always extremely positive and the learning is continuous at SEG. I am currently still in school but I know the experiences I was able to receive at this company and the challenges I was faced with will have prepared me for my future career in marketing.

Cons

I was a little overwhelmed with the amount of info at first but everyone was extremely helpful in making the learning process an easy one.

I got to travel several times throughout the year!

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Showcase Event Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love traveling! I don't care if it is personal travel or for business; I really enjoy experiencing other places. This is one of the reasons that I love working at Showcase Event Group!

I have had the opportunity to experience several trips to Dallas, a week in Cabo San Lucas, and a week in Jamaica. I have never worked at any other company that facilities my ability to see the world. I feel really lucky to work at Showcase Event Group!

Cons

I have not experienced any cons while working at Showcase Event Group. From the interview process, to training, to my everyday work life, I have always known what is expected of me. The lines of communication are always open!

Keep up the travel opportunities! Especially the ones that are a "thank you" to high performing employees! It is a great way to motivate people all year!

Work here only if you are ok with working hard for low pay

Former Employee - Starter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Starter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Showcase Event Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The commission plan they lay in front of you is very good!

Cons

The commission plan they lay in front of you is false. Once I started the actual job I found out no one makes that amount they tell you from the start.

Stop lying to innocent people

Great Company - Growth Potential - Great Place to Start Career

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at Showcase Event Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company had A LOT of growth potential. Great place to get started on a career. Team environment, and has employees with great drive and high work ethic. Just a fun place to work. I laugh constantly at my job. I have seen so many deserving people get promoted and their hard work acknowledged. There are great travel opportunities as well!

Cons

High turn over rate but that is common for most marketing based companies. This company is career orientated so people who are looking for a job tend not to succeed in this company and typically are the ones that will have a bitter taste in their mouth about position. There are no hand outs so must have strong work ethic otherwise this is not a company for you.

Opportunities and Growth!

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Showcase Event Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed having the opportunity to attend the top leader's meeting in Dallas and getting to network with people across the company including top owners. I enjoy being a part of a company that is dedicated to your success.

Cons

Everyone doesn't appreciate the opportunities as much as some people which is sad to see.

I like the management. They work very hard! Human resources dept is wonderful and so helpful. I say continue caring the way you guys do and you will always have happy employees.

Love working here. Great Travel Opportunities

Current Employee - Marketing Associate and Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate and Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Showcase Event Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The travel opportunities have been tremendous! Within the first 6 months I have been able to travel to Dallas and Puerto Rico.

I was able to work first hand with one of our new clients and help develop the campaign.

Cons

To get far in this company you will have to hard (or just work smarter not harder) you will have to put time in to accomplish your goals whatever they may be. Leaders can be tough on you but not too overwhelming and I understand that they want the best for their employees.

You can tell that management cares about their employees, they also work very hard to job the job done and get it done right. The only thing I would say is have more team nights.

Beware of false promises. YOU WILL WORK OFF COMMISSION

Former Employee - Promoter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Promoter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Showcase Event Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is that I do not work there anymore. Thank freaking Christ.

Cons

Despite what they tell you in the interview, you will be paid based on how many products you get out the door. Period. You will drive all over northern Georgia and will only receive $11 for gas no matter how far you go. You will work 11-14 hour days six to seven days a week. No sick days, no benefits, nothing.

Stop lying to innocent people who are just looking for a decent job. You can't even call what you're doing "sugar coating" because telling someone they'll make $50,000 a year then paying them $100 for two weeks is a BOLD FACED LIE.

Don't waste your time unless money is not an issue for you

I worked at Showcase Event Group (less than an year)

Pros

I guess if you try hard, you can make it to manager in a short amount of time.

Cons

They expect you to go all over the city setting up events and basically you get 7.50 an hour plus commission. Not cool.

Be upfront during the first interview about how much people really make right away.

Showcase Event Group Photos