Showcase LA Events Reviews

Updated April 21, 2015
12 reviews filtered by
3.3
CEO

1. Really enjoying my job!

I have been working at Showcase LA Events full-time

Pros

The marketing concepts and strategies here make my work enjoyable. I offer discounts on products and services that people already use, so it is a win-win for everybody. We work in a very professional environment and always encourage each other to do better and give honest feedback. We have excellent coaching staff and receive bonuses and take trips once a year out of the country. I really enjoy my job and plan to stay for a while.

Cons

Sometimes we are required to work overtime.

Advice to Management

More team nights!

2. Good resume builder.

I worked at Showcase LA Events

Pros

It is a good resume builder. Teaches you how to self-manage yourself and work independently. Most of the employees are in their mid-20's; so it's generally a young crowd. Everyone is super ambitious and energetic. You are also taught to manage your time wisely. Have the opportunity to travel - all expenses paid.

Cons

Definitely not the position the advertise. I feel like I was duped. Pay is horrible - minimum wage or commission - whatever is higher. It's basically a sales job. They make you drive to their office in Playa Vista and then make you drive out 20 -30 miles to another location to basically work inside a grocery store, a Sam's or Costco for the next 12 hours. You are basically trying to sell people products that don't even work . 80% of their products are returned. They try to motivate you into moving up to a management position within a year but realistically only 1 out of like 15 will get to that management spot. They have a REALLY high turnover rate; people quit everyday and new people are hired on a daily basis. The only reason why most of them stay is because they haven't found a better job yet. Manager is NEVER in the office and it's almost impossible to get a hold of her via phone or email. Schedule is HORRIBLE. You do not know what your schedule is until the same day. Does not give you time to plan your life accordingly. They make it seem like they are testing you, but in reality it's only because management hasn't even made the schedule until the day before.

Advice to Management

Should be more connected with your staff and open a full line of communication. It's clear that you do not like being in the office and everyone knows you only care about the money they are making you. It would be beneficial to you if you offered bonuses or something since everyone is working extremely hard to make YOU money.

Great Internship

Current Intern - Intern
    Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Showcase LA Events as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I did this internship over fall/winter and it was a very positive experience. Everyone was really caring and seemed like they valued my growth. I got to shadow a senior administrator and she taught me all the ropes of interoffice communication, great experience!

Cons

I had no cons really, I was only there for a short time but from wat I saw everything went really well and everyone was very nice.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good communication, it seems like everyone is friends which is nice

Very fun, positive vibe.

I have been working at Showcase LA Events

Pros

It doesn't feel like you are at work. especially if you are enjoying it.

Cons

Schedule sometimes prohibits making plans ahead of time.

MLM

I worked at Showcase LA Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

N/A (f i v e words)

Cons

This is just another pyramid scheme / Ponzi scheme / Multi-level marketing company that will feed off of the ignorant and put profits in their pockets.

Advice to Management

Stop advertising as PR / Marketing / Communications: It's a retail scam and nothing more.

I would never work here

I have been working at Showcase LA Events

Pros

There are none of you are a marketing professional with any experience whatsoever. If you're 17, this is the best job for you.

Cons

What. A. Dump. This place needs a serious makeover.

Advice to Management

Post a job listing that tells what the job really is so you don't waste other professionals time. Employees sell products at Costco and danas club. That's it.

They will have adds up like looking for PR or brand ambassador or marketing entry level but.....nope

I have been working at Showcase LA Events

Pros

Best thing about work here is that if your a self motivated worker this place will fill that void. Because you will be yourself hours a day.

Cons

Apply with caution if ur a college grad or with any any PR or major marketing firm. This is not the job for you. This is a sales job and all you do is sale these non major brand as seen on tv stuff to people at varies stores. You make money if you sell...if you dont you won't last. They keep teaching you that your a promoter not a sales person but you stand on your feet for 12 hours day working odd hours and driving your car for up to 50miles daily and damaging your car with all the crap they.give you to load up and take to their location for 9bucks an hour..... Yes 9bucks and hour .. And they interview daily!! Why? Because people leave daily ! Workers are nice but manager is only happy when you sell and their assistant manager name moe has no sense of management

Advice to Management

Dont lie just to get people in the building for job offers

Interview Call

I have been working at Showcase LA Events

Pros

I've been contacted to go to an interview, people seem friendly and professional.

Cons

Two of my friends went to the interview. They call everyone and they don't explain clearly what you have to. In any case, it seems the salary is really low.

AMAZING

Current Employee - Entry- Level Marketing Assistant in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Entry- Level Marketing Assistant in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at Showcase LA Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Showcase LA is a place where you can grow within the company and learn so much! The work environment is young and upbeat. The place is full of motivational leaders! I love to come to work everyday!

Cons

The president of the company says it herself, "This is the worst "job" in the world IF you aren't wanting to get something out of it."

Advice to Management

I love everyone in the office and feel there should be more team nights!

My expierence at Showcase LA has been uplifitng and inspiring..

Current Employee - Entry Level Event Coordinator in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Entry Level Event Coordinator in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at Showcase LA Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best things about working at Show Case LAis that I get full hands on expierence in the marketing field and each day I learn something differnent. Every day we learn new stratagies on how to promote new products to new ways to maket to the customer.

Cons

The only con I have to is that it is a really fast pase enviorment but Show Case LA is providing me with the tools I need to over come those challenges.

Advice to Management

I would love some Bagles once in a while :)!!!!

Showcase LA Events Photos