www.showcaselaevents.com

AMAZING

Current Employee - Entry- Level Marketing Assistant in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Entry- Level Marketing Assistant in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at Showcase LA Events full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Showcase LA is a place where you can grow within the company and learn so much! The work environment is young and upbeat. The place is full of motivational leaders! I love to come to work everyday!

Cons

The president of the company says it herself, "This is the worst "job" in the world IF you aren't wanting to get something out of it."

I love everyone in the office and feel there should be more team nights!

AKA Smart Circle- LOOK THEM UP!

I have been working at Showcase LA Events

Pros

Good people. I loved the people I worked with. They were encouraging and wonderful to work with. They wanted you to do well, and were willing to teach you a lot. With this kind of sales you do lean how to sell, and sell well. Sales isn't for everyone, true, but that isn't the main source of the turn over. Its just the "other" issues that drive people away.

Cons

Company structure is a MLM. You don't get to own your own part like a traditional MLM until you prove yourself to your uppers. Long hours (8:30am meeting- drive to store. Start Selling and then take down and leave at 8pm), commission only (if you don't make minimum wage, they pay you that for the day but you have to pay it back to the company when you do get commission) and no reimbursement for gas for traveling. They also don't want you to "network across" meaning you shouldn't be speaking to people at your own level. I saw a girl reprimanded multiple times about it, until she was fired. She was simply asking what others did or what they thought about things. They also discourage you from talking to family or friends about the job, or even telling them your real hours. Family "won't understand" and will encourage you to "loose sight of your goals." They also constantly bash "corporate America" and anyone who works for it as being lesser than them. Again- the people are nice, but when they get to management its because they can eat, love, and state verbatim what the corporate wants them to. There is a high turn over in the company, and when someone leaves management gives the idea that they weren't good enough. Even if they did a good job, it is implied they went to go back and be with the sheep. The pay and other aside, its this arrogance that turned me off to the company and made me leave.

Don't make fun of other companies and people who work for other organizations. The idea that you are "better" than others because you work in this organization is straight up hubris. You are driving people away with that attitude, the long hours, and the encouragement to only talk to the manager. MLM's are good for the first people in them, not the last. Don’t hide behind your “training program.” You are a MLM, just like the rest. Own it and be honest about it.

I would never work here

I have been working at Showcase LA Events

Pros

There are none of you are a marketing professional with any experience whatsoever. If you're 17, this is the best job for you.

Cons

What. A. Dump. This place needs a serious makeover.

Post a job listing that tells what the job really is so you don't waste other professionals time. Employees sell products at Costco and danas club. That's it.

They will have adds up like looking for PR or brand ambassador or marketing entry level but.....nope

I have been working at Showcase LA Events

Pros

Best thing about work here is that if your a self motivated worker this place will fill that void. Because you will be yourself hours a day.

Cons

Apply with caution if ur a college grad or with any any PR or major marketing firm. This is not the job for you. This is a sales job and all you do is sale these non major brand as seen on tv stuff to people at varies stores. You make money if you sell...if you dont you won't last. They keep teaching you that your a promoter not a sales person but you stand on your feet for 12 hours day working odd hours and driving your car for up to 50miles daily and damaging your car with all the crap they.give you to load up and take to their location for 9bucks an hour..... Yes 9bucks and hour .. And they interview daily!! Why? Because people leave daily ! Workers are nice but manager is only happy when you sell and their assistant manager name moe has no sense of management

Dont lie just to get people in the building for job offers

Interview Call

I have been working at Showcase LA Events

Pros

I've been contacted to go to an interview, people seem friendly and professional.

Cons

Two of my friends went to the interview. They call everyone and they don't explain clearly what you have to. In any case, it seems the salary is really low.

My expierence at Showcase LA has been uplifitng and inspiring..

Current Employee - Entry Level Event Coordinator in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Entry Level Event Coordinator in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at Showcase LA Events full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best things about working at Show Case LAis that I get full hands on expierence in the marketing field and each day I learn something differnent. Every day we learn new stratagies on how to promote new products to new ways to maket to the customer.

Cons

The only con I have to is that it is a really fast pase enviorment but Show Case LA is providing me with the tools I need to over come those challenges.

I would love some Bagles once in a while :)!!!!

Event Marketing Assistant-great experience and company

Current Employee - Event Marketing Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Event Marketing Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Showcase LA Events full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I recently started working at Showcase LA and could not be happier. The management and the team environment are exactly what I have been searching for. They have a multi-step interview process that I felt allowed me to fully understand the company and the opportunity, without being overwhelmed with too much at one time. The management has been so helpful throughout my training process, and the rewards have been exciting as well!

Cons

It is the worst job if thats how you look at it-A job. However, if you look at it as an opportunity, its one of the best.

Maybe have more team nights and get together's! I love getting to network with everyone in the office and learn from each other, everyone has something new and exciting to bring to the table!

Amazing company to work for

Current Employee - Event Assistant in West Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Event Assistant in West Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Showcase LA Events full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity, management and team environment. I love coming to work every day and learning something new.

Cons

None-I understand that sometimes I need to be willing to do thing thats are less glamours in order to improve my future opportunities

Please continue to provide people like myself and others with the opportunities that I would not be able to find at many other companies

Showcase LA Events Photos