Showcase LA Events Reviews

CEO

Great Training and Experience

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at Showcase LA Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Showcase LA offers a chance to learn hands-on marketing techniques and provides opportunities to grow personally and professionally. I'm new in the workforce being that I just graduated college; but the training, coaching, and knowledge that I have received in the last 2 months working here is unbelievable! I don't know if this will be where I choose to hang my hat for the rest of my life, but I am certain this kind of training will take me further in A career because I can utilize the skill-sets I am developing ANYWHERE! I read the negative reviews and I am happy I formed my own opinion and went through the interview process and started working; re-reading them now, its actually funny how exaggerated they are and clearly written by bitter previous employees and/or from people who never even got the job! This is hard work YES, you start entry-level YES, but if you put in the work you can absolutely see results in a very short amount of time.

Cons

The hours are long and working weekends was an adjustment for me; but management is flexible with requesting days off, you just have to communicate ahead of time.

Advice to Management

You have many employees past/present/future (including myself) who admire you and the hard work you put into YOUR business. Keep doing what you are doing!

Growth opportunity, but hard work and long hours

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Showcase LA Events

Pros

Travel experiences and opportunities, fun job, variety, grown opportunity, fun people, team environment, Ashley is a wonderful boss

Cons

Exhausting. You have to be willing to put in 12 - 14 hours days and you are still working when you get home, sending emails and planning (without pay). The pay is a little low for the amount of hard work this job takes. They play favorites - for some it doesn't matter how hard you work, if they don't like you they won't promote you. Ever.

Advice to Management

believe in people. You told me I didn't have what it takes to run a successful business and kept me in entry level for half a year. I watched people get promoted and quit 2 weeks later while I worked my bum off. I left and now I run not one but two successful businesses. And you never even gave me a chance. You're passing up stars In favor of candles.

HR

I have been working at Showcase LA Events full-time

Pros

I've been working only a couple months and this company has one of the BEST working armospheres! They also have awesome growth opportunities here!

Cons

That I can't sleep over :(

Advice to Management

Work hard, have faith and have fun!

Really enjoying my job!

I have been working at Showcase LA Events full-time

Pros

The marketing concepts and strategies here make my work enjoyable. I offer discounts on products and services that people already use, so it is a win-win for everybody. We work in a very professional environment and always encourage each other to do better and give honest feedback. We have excellent coaching staff and receive bonuses and take trips once a year out of the country. I really enjoy my job and plan to stay for a while.

Cons

Sometimes we are required to work overtime.

Advice to Management

More team nights!

Good resume builder.

I worked at Showcase LA Events

Pros

It is a good resume builder. Teaches you how to self-manage yourself and work independently. Most of the employees are in their mid-20's; so it's generally a young crowd. Everyone is super ambitious and energetic. You are also taught to manage your time wisely. Have the opportunity to travel - all expenses paid.

Cons

Definitely not the position the advertise. I feel like I was duped. Pay is horrible - minimum wage or commission - whatever is higher. It's basically a sales job. They make you drive to their office in Playa Vista and then make you drive out 20 -30 miles to another location to basically work inside a grocery store, a Sam's or Costco for the next 12 hours. You are basically trying to sell people products that don't even work . 80% of their products are returned. They try to motivate you into moving up to a management position within a year but realistically only 1 out of like 15 will get to that management spot. They have a REALLY high turnover rate; people quit everyday and new people are hired on a daily basis. The only reason why most of them stay is because they haven't found a better job yet. Manager is NEVER in the office and it's almost impossible to get a hold of her via phone or email. Schedule is HORRIBLE. You do not know what your schedule is until the same day. Does not give you time to plan your life accordingly. They make it seem like they are testing you, but in reality it's only because management hasn't even made the schedule until the day before.

Advice to Management

Should be more connected with your staff and open a full line of communication. It's clear that you do not like being in the office and everyone knows you only care about the money they are making you. It would be beneficial to you if you offered bonuses or something since everyone is working extremely hard to make YOU money.

Very fun, positive vibe.

I have been working at Showcase LA Events

Pros

It doesn't feel like you are at work. especially if you are enjoying it.

Cons

Schedule sometimes prohibits making plans ahead of time.

MLM

I worked at Showcase LA Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

N/A (f i v e words)

Cons

This is just another pyramid scheme / Ponzi scheme / Multi-level marketing company that will feed off of the ignorant and put profits in their pockets.

Advice to Management

Stop advertising as PR / Marketing / Communications: It's a retail scam and nothing more.

I would never work here

I have been working at Showcase LA Events

Pros

There are none of you are a marketing professional with any experience whatsoever. If you're 17, this is the best job for you.

Cons

What. A. Dump. This place needs a serious makeover.

Advice to Management

Post a job listing that tells what the job really is so you don't waste other professionals time. Employees sell products at Costco and danas club. That's it.

They will have adds up like looking for PR or brand ambassador or marketing entry level but.....nope

I have been working at Showcase LA Events

Pros

Best thing about work here is that if your a self motivated worker this place will fill that void. Because you will be yourself hours a day.

Cons

Apply with caution if ur a college grad or with any any PR or major marketing firm. This is not the job for you. This is a sales job and all you do is sale these non major brand as seen on tv stuff to people at varies stores. You make money if you sell...if you dont you won't last. They keep teaching you that your a promoter not a sales person but you stand on your feet for 12 hours day working odd hours and driving your car for up to 50miles daily and damaging your car with all the crap they.give you to load up and take to their location for 9bucks an hour..... Yes 9bucks and hour .. And they interview daily!! Why? Because people leave daily ! Workers are nice but manager is only happy when you sell and their assistant manager name moe has no sense of management

Advice to Management

Dont lie just to get people in the building for job offers

Interview Call

I have been working at Showcase LA Events

Pros

I've been contacted to go to an interview, people seem friendly and professional.

Cons

Two of my friends went to the interview. They call everyone and they don't explain clearly what you have to. In any case, it seems the salary is really low.

RSS Feed </> Embed