Shred-it International

Updated September 16, 2014
Updated September 16, 2014
2.5

Vincent R. (Vince) De Palma

Pros
  • The best thing about this company is that it really does have good people working for it (in 6 reviews)

• Decent benefits with a nice amount of vacation time (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Company offers no training, and you will be ridden every day, multiple times a day for your "numbers" (in 3 reviews)

• Very poor leadership - sales team is looked down upon by management (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Executive  in  Saint Rose, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Saint Rose, LA

I have been working at Shred-it International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic opportunity to learn the sales process. High passed. Never a dull moment. Decent pay. If you work hard, it really does pay off.

Cons

Dizzying amount of paperwork sometimes. At first its hard, but you get the hang out it.

Streamline the sales process. Introduce new technologies for presentations. Incorporate PSS and Shred-It into a single unit. Trainers are fantastic. Maybe more training opportunities from those guys would be great. Offer profit sharing.

What a joke

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Shred-it International for more than a year

Pros

Not micromanaged, decent benefits, simple service.

Cons

Management from 1990 runs this place. They lie about how much you will make then don't want to pay commissions or bonuses. When they do pay it's never on time. Nobody takes ownership of their duties and responsibilities, they just pass the buck. The competition is way better. This company is over priced and retention is horrific. They don't even hardly have contracts yet hold people accountable when customers leave for half the price. Operations is elementary, constant truck breakdowns and missed services. I suggest starting your own shred company before working for this one. Stay far away.

Retire.

My experience at Shred-it was great. I ranked in the top 5% Sales Reps in the world.

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Shred-it International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Shred-it has opportunity for an individual to grow and exceed company goals and be successful.

Cons

We were growing the company so fast in Houston, TX until we could not buy trucks fast enough. My goal was to purchase a new truck every 3 to 6 months.

Listen to your sales team in order to put effective sales contest/programs in place. This will help with their drive to exceed goals.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Enjoyable - Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Miami, FL

I worked at Shred-it International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible schedule, Little to no turnover, Diverse co-workers from all walks of life
    After work team building exercises on Monday's, Tuesday's, Thursday's and Fridays
    Attractive - friendly well put together MGT at least in the Miami branch,Get the job done
    mentality spread throughout - almost infectious

Cons

At the end of the day your not curing cancer, your selling a grey box that holds paper.
    You must come to terms with that on day 1 or you will be in for a world of hurt

Occasional meetings about when they were going to hold meetings

Sales are more important than fake appointments, don't inquire how
    the sales came to be - Just be glad they did!

One of my greatest experiences

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hicksville, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

I worked at Shred-it International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy sale, decent pay, gas allowance, good commissions paid fast. The Hicksville office when I was there was such a tight knit bunch of guys that I wish I were still there. Everyone had each others back, no one poached, no back stabbing

Cons

Being a small branch there was no room to advancement which for someone looking to advance i wouldn't recommend but if being in sales long term is what your looking for then definitely a stable place to be

Great place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Shred-it International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work outside, always very busy

Cons

Back injuries, almost to busy

Shred It is a fun & exciting place to work, I'm Proud and inspired to be apart of Shred It!

I have been working at Shred-it International

Pros

I’ve been a part of this organisation for 16 months and the culture created by the Senior Leadership Team is one of passion, integrity and success. Whether you have done a great job or need improvement in some areas, the feedback is always honest, positive, forthcoming and constructive. The management and staff within Shred It have an infectious energy and passion that inspires me to come to work with an enthusiasm that I have not had with other companies that I have worked for.

Knowing that my role and all of my actions will impact the organisation’s success is an extremely rewarding feeling for me. Seeing the majority of my colleagues upholding our Mission, Vision & Values; and our “Living the Values” philosophy creates a brilliant place to work . My biggest Pro is that on Sunday evenings, I don’t get that feeling of anxiety in the pit of my stomach that I have to go to work the next day.

From the short time I have been with Shred It, I have seen and personally experienced many instances of internal promotions, incentives and managers offering valuable support and guidance for their teams.

Cons

If I was being super picky, we need more annual leave entitlement!

We do have many excitable, strong minded and fastidious leaders within the organisation, ideas and initiatives come thick and fast, things move at a ferocious pace. Generally the driven and confident people are the ones who thrive within our organisation; very occasionally, I see some people struggle with pushing back at times. That being said, in every instance that I or others have pushed back; we always get the encouragement to put our ideas across in open and positive discussion. This gives me a great amount of assurance that my thoughts & ideas are valued. Keep this going.

If you want to enjoy coming to work - Join Shred-it

I have been working at Shred-it International

Pros

Recognition, Rewards and the opportunity to advance your career, a company that does care about its customers and employees, I have worked at Shred-it for 5 years +, and received all of the above , yes you work hard , however it seem less hard when you love what you do , I am proud to say who I work for and seen many a employee promoted, Shred it lives it Mission Vision and Values , they invest in their employees and offers great training coaching

Cons

Found it difficult to think of a con for working with Shred-it , suggested improvement would be increase in holidays, although they do give you the opportunity to achieve Presidents Club - you get extra holidays and they take you and your partner on a 5* star holiday all expenses paid ............. my advice is if your motivated by holidays , work hard and you will be rewarded with President s Club

Carry on caring and investing in our people..................... shred- it is a great place to Work

Amazing place to work because of the people I work with on a day to day basis.

I have been working at Shred-it International

Pros

Fun place to work for over 6 years
    Great people to work with
    Great commission scheme
    Always opportunities to get promoted and work in international markets
    My thoughts are always valued
    High performance equals high rewards
    Innovation is encouraged
    I always get lots of training, coaching and general support
    Shred-it has helped develop my career as well as my personal life

Cons

There are some times inconsistencies in process's and information between countries which causes confusion around performance.

Just keep doing what you are doing, I love working at Shred-it

Salary

Current Employee - Sales Executive  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Shred-it International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very competitive biweekly basis and dd available

Cons

None they do a great job

None

Worked for Shred-it International? Contribute to the Community!