Shunra Software

Gary Jackson

Good company, great management

Former Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Shunra Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people and the technology

Cons

Ability to influence industry awareness and need.

Hold out for a better price

Great learning experience, congrats to the team there

I worked at Shunra Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Shunra offered an environment focused on the individual employee. Management doors were open. Honesty trumped all. And the team's commitment to individual and company success was clear.

Cons

At times communication did not always flow quickly or clearly downstream from the CEO's office.

Congrats on the acquisition by HP!

Exciting products solving challenges that are very relevant to the mobile and cloud markets

Current Employee - Executive in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Shunra Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Dynamic company, still small enough so everyone matters, but big enough to make an impact. We get to work with a great team, delivering great products to an interesting market

Cons

The market still requires education on the needs for these solutions.

Beware... No loyalty, it's all about the quarterly sales.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Shunra Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company had a great deal of potential in a field with a lot of growth potential, especially in the mobile era. Most people below the "C" level were great to work with as well.

Cons

There was no loyalty. They will bring you in as a resource and get rid of you as soon as they got what they wanted. I originally turned down an offer from this company for a contractor position because I was looking for a full-time position. They returned with an offer for full-time position so I took the job. After one year (which was the original contract offer) they cut my position. The C level folks will treat you like an entry on a spreadsheet and cut you as soon as it makes their quarterly profit number look better.

At least pretend that you care about more than just the money.

All that matters is making an unreasonable number every quarter - its do or die.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Shunra Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There was a team of great people. Office is in a good location. The traditional virtual enterprise products work good for WAN emulation.

Cons

When I started there, there was a great team of people with lots of enthusiasm and positive energy. Most of those people have left; the remaining core are the politcal, gossipy brown-nosing ones. HR very unprofessional and unethical. Gossips about employees to employees and shares confidential information with select individuals. This makes the whole environment one of distrust. All that matters is making an unreasonable number so that the CEO can make the board happy. All the CEO wants to do is sell off this company so he and his buddies can get their stock options. There is absolutely no care and feeding of employees, unless you are one of the insiders. Trying to make WAN Emulation products looks like they are more than they are. I would not recommend joining this company. It is a political hotbed and its livelihood is quarter to quarter.

You trust the wrong people. Turn the company over to the COO who does all the work. I don't know what the CEO does all day.

One of the best companies

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager, Demand Gen in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager, Demand Gen in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Shunra Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Shunra’s family of employees are creative, innovative, and focused on teamwork. The company is pioneering the APE market space, and employees are empowered. The entire company has a positive energy you can sense when you walk into the office in Philly; you can tell that people genuinely enjoy their jobs. I remember seeing smiles, comradery, and excitement from employees during my interview process. I’ve been able to achieve the best work-life balance in my twelve year career, and I actually end up working harder as a result.

Cons

I honestly can't complain, but this is a required field. Shunra is a small company. You need to adjust your mindset if you are coming from a big company. However, it's the small company feel, approach, and team environment that attracted me in the first place, so it's not really a "con" unless you want to work for a large organization.

Keep up the approach - trusting your employees begets productivity.

Shunra is a great company!

I have been working at Shunra Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Shunra has excellent technology and you get to work with fabulous people, it's a great company to work for...

Cons

There are no cons that I've seen.

Keep doing the great job that you are doing!

At the time of previous boss it was a horrible place to work. They will surely lick their wounds for a while.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kfar Saba (Israel)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kfar Saba (Israel)

I worked at Shunra Software full-time

Pros

Salaries are relatively fine. Ever since the boss got changed there the things are much-much better there as far as I know. The review is for the feelings with previous IL boss...

Cons

Socially there was a really bad feeling in the company, which is critical in small company like that. Their (already ex-) boss made an incredible damage to the company reputation and to the internal social relationships, it would take them a lot of time to lick their wounds.