Shur Consulting Group

Updated May 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Anna Shamshura

Shur Consulting is an upbeat, coffee-for-your-winning-mentality atmosphere. Management training at it's most exciting.

Account Manager & Leader (Former Employee) Independence, OH

ProsShur Consulting Group gives you the tools to become an expert direct marketer. Every morning they provide a new approach at implementing these tactics in daily life.

ConsBe prepared. Every day will be new ground covered, and there is little tolerance for slacker-mentality. Mostly, if you have a distance to travel to work, go into it with ample gas money.

Advice to Senior ManagementA great opportunity. Thanks for the motivation and the open door.

It has its ups and downs

Account Manager & Leader (Former Employee) Independence, OH

ProsIf you can make it work, it's awesome money.

ConsChances are you won't so it's not awesome money

RE: Base Pay - It's a sham. They use the same formula their "parent" company does. Let me break it down. So you say "Commission? That's scary, what if I can't make any money?" (Legit concern)
    Their response: "It's cool, we have to payroll options: performance based (100% earnings) or a base pay with 25% earnings."

Sounds legit, right? It is so long as you stop dreading that awful "C" word. But the reality is that you're not getting anything out of it, in fact you're making your own situation worse. What they might not tell you right away is that in order to be eligible for that base pay, you have to make the "standard" which is 5 accounts per week ($500 earnings for the team member).

Ok, so let's break it down a little further. The base pay is $300 +25% commission. So, if you make the 5 account standard, at 25%, you've just earned $125 + $300. That equals $425. Has it clicked yet? Aside from them TAXING YOUR COMMISSION, they've now screwed you out of another $75 after you worked 80+ hours and barely have time for anything else.

And the hours do suck. You get into the office around 10:30 am, wait for the meetings to start, do the meetings, eat a quick lunch and take off. You're out until about 8-8:30pm. Then, once a week there's "team night" which is a [mandatory] way to hang out and get to know the people you see everyday of your life just a little bit more! And you have to do it! And will probably be out until the bars close, just to get up and work another 10-12 hours. :D

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying about the base pay. Anyone who can do math knows that the base pay option is just a false hope to "unscare" (that's a word now) people from the "commission" talk.

It's Not Just Going to Work Everyday

SEO Media Intern (Current Employee) Independence, OH

ProsI am definitely not one of the people that dread waking up every morning having to go to work. I love this environment! I come in and automatically am having a better morning. The people that work in this environment are always coming in smiling and laughing as if they were old friends. Every worker is excited for every single co-worker to succeed, Just today a worker got promoted we all celebrated and had a little party for him! I am definitely, hands down, satisfied where I work!

ConsI have no cons. I love working for this company and i am so lucky to be surround by awesome co-workers!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work hard, play hard mentality rocks!!!

Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) Independence, OH

Proscompetitive, ambitious, team oriented, very fun environment, great growth structure. For those people that want a career and are willing to put in full effort this is a great company to work for. I have never experienced a work environment like this before and am very grateful for all the skills I have learned!!!

ConsMust be able to give 100% all the time, the environment is completely performance based so there is no time to slow down.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish you had more part time opportunities

This is a scam (door to door selling)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is no pros. This job is SCAM and a pyramid scheme.

ConsThis is door to door selling. You work 6 days a week, 10am-8 or 9pm, working on COMMISSION ONLY which was barely anything for the amount of time you put into getting it. The job is a complete scam and a pyramid scheme. If you're considering working there, DON'T DO IT. The turnover rate there is ridiculous. The entire staff changes every week because of how unfair it was. YOU have to drive to far cities, as far as an hour, and you DO NOT get compensated for millage or anything car related. You walk in all seasons and knock on stranger's doors and basically throw yourself in the door to avoid getting it slammed in your face.

Advice to Senior ManagementBasically this job is degrading and a complete waste of time. You will only lose. DON'T DO IT. SCAM SCAM SCAM.

Shur Consulting Group President responded to this review

Jul 24, 2013

I'm sorry at we have a past employee that feels they were treated unfairly. Our company prides itself on having a positive and fair work environment. Our hours here are 11:30 - 8:30 Monday thru ... More

Awesome Opportunity

ProsCompetitive, fun-loving environment, room for exponential growth.

ConsNo cons to be had here.

Worked for Shur Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!