Sicom Systems

Updated Feb 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

William Terry

Excellent company to work for as well as open to employees' opinion and advise.

Support Technician (Former Employee)
Doylestown, PA

I worked at Sicom Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsI loved how we worked together as a team versus a single man team.

ConsDid not pay employees correctly, nor did HR want to correct any mistakes made

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff, they are the legs any company stands on. Therefore, an integral part of the company.

This job is by no means a career but rather a means to live paycheck to paycheck.

POS Systems Consultant (Former Employee)
Doylestown, PA

I worked at Sicom Systems as a contractor for more than a year

ProsLocation & young environment, overtime is available if you want.

ConsAttendance point system, Supervisors, hours(rotate shifts & weekends--shifts range from 6am-3pm to 12-9pm), pay (12/hr as temp & 14/hr perm), Girl to guy ratio has got to be 9 guys to 1 girl.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a real job.

not a bad gig if you dont mind WORKING

I have been working at Sicom Systems full-time for more than a year

Prospeople are great
employees are treated well with holiday bonus, luncheons, decent benefits etc

Consfast pace growing company which results with long hours - you must enjoy your job here to survive

The worst POS company ever!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sicom Systems

ProsNone whatsoever. The company is not even well-known. The only nice thing is that the company is located in Doylestown, PA, which is a nice place to live.

ConsA TON:

Terrible wages.

No growth opportunities.

Management don't care about their employees.

Even the team leaders are arrogant and rude - they act like they are billionaires.

They fire you for the most ludicrous reasons.

They hire kids straight from high school with no IT skills.

A lot of the developers never majored in computer science or some don't even have CS degrees.

The products that they sell are very buggy and the clients they sell them to constantly say that. The company just doesn't improve so this is one big way for them to make money.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of firing entry level and mid level employees, start firing some undeserving, incompetent managers.

Awful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sicom Systems

ProsIt provided income, not one worthy of what I was doing, but an income nonetheless. Also gained experience and knowledge in IT customer support field. Did make some friends as well.

ConsOn a daily basis you would run into poor attitudes from co-workers. No one took accountability for their own actions or their departments actions. It seems they over commited as a company on too many projects and we were always being asked to work overtime. Customer service plumetted, customers would get so angry and yell at you on the phone and you couldn't blame them. Response times were sometimes not until the next day and as a result, the morale was low. Supervisors are either not knowledgeable enough or they were really mean and would give you attitude for no reason. SO MUCH favortism, you could hear it in the tone of the supervisor if they liked you or not.

Lots of 'cliques' and "in crowds', it's almost like high school. Upper management lacks accountability and maturity at times. Regarding workign conditions, there were honestly like 12 people all crammed into a back hallway working on tables lined together. It was horrible and just didn't seem like the right thing to do when half the building wasn't being used.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company and give up, there's too much wrong to make it right.

Worst company I had the misfortune to work for

Support Technician (Former Employee)
Doylestown, PA

I worked at Sicom Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsThere is no reason to work for Sicom Systems unless you have no self respect.

ConsTheir point of sale system is unreliable. They don't service their customers properly, which makes them irate. Very high pressure. Company is run like a prison sweatshop.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire developers who are able to create a better system, or sell the company. Treat your employees like human beings.

Great Opportunity

I have been working at Sicom Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFast growing company
Opportunity to advance
Helpful management that was concerned for your well being
Yearly raises and bonuses

ConsFast growing company so you have to work hard and there isn't much room for mistakes

Advice to Senior ManagementMake me a director

Seems Odd...

I have been working at Sicom Systems

ProsIt's a job that provides income.

ConsSeems odd that all of the sudden there are three reviews posted with 5 star ratings? And that those reviews are directly contradicting the cons of the previous reviews. Just seems like they are as honest as the others and are simply trying to raise the overall average of the company's star ratings.

Honest Group with Strong work ethic and values

Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sicom Systems full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAbility to grow and learn various exciting technologies. Management makes great efforts to understand the needs of its staff.
With so many exciting projects across various technologies, once upward mobility within the company has been exhausted, you can shift to other product lines or deployments, continuing your growth. Very exciting

ConsVery fast paced environment due to the needs of the clients. Although, can be looked as a positive.

It is a long waste of time

Installation Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sicom Systems full-time

ProsLearn troubleshooting skills
Travel was nice

ConsWas hired for installs and got stuck doing tech support
you have to learn everything yourself. management was not proactive in helping their employees understand how to handle certain kinds of calls. documentation was not provided either
management wanted nothing to do with you unless you were there to make them look good

Advice to Senior Managementhelp your employees help you. have a real training program

Worked for Sicom Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sicom Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sicom Systems CEO William Terry. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Sicom Systems employees.