Sid Wainer & Son Reviews

2.0
Henry B. Wainer

1. Great company to work for with a promising future

I have been working at Sid Wainer & Son full-time

Pros

There is a lot of different opportunities to move throughout the company. It is constantly evolving and with it, there is always room for growth. If you demonstrate a hard work ethic and the ability to be a forward thinker, you will be successful. It is a family business with a family mentality and a ton of longevity. The management team demonstrates a strong desire to promote from within.

Cons

I have no negatives. It is a great company to work for.

I wish I took these reviews serious before I left a great job to work here,

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Bedford, MA

I have been working at Sid Wainer & Son (more than a year)

Pros

Houlry workers are hard working, great products , foodies dream environment,

Cons

outdated equipment and management philosophy , warehouse is literally falling apart, roof leaks , job described at hiring was not the job in reality, zero feedback from upper management, new employees need to " prove" themselves , new employees are watched on camera ,

None they don't listen to advice. I would advise strongly against leaving a job to work here

Worst underpay w/cdl job ever.

Current Employee - Driver in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Driver in New York, NY

I have been working at Sid Wainer & Son full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I'm suppose to write 20 word in Pros section but nothing comes to mind other then Meeting chefs and their staff.

Cons

No communication with management at all. Any mistakes Massachusetts makes sending pallets is driver issue not there's ( this happens about 4 to 5 times per week). They are quick to blame the drivers on thinks out of drivers control or if management makes mistakes for anything drivers get the blame. IF YOUR NOT HOMELESS DONT TAKE THE JOB.

Hire someone no body knows and have them work the depot/driver. Have them report how being a driver is in your company.

I worked here for more than a year

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Sid Wainer & Son

Pros

Keeps you in shape and gives you experience to move on to better job. Your out on your own all day

Cons

Pay is very low for the work load

stand up for your drivers

Don't Bother

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Sid Wainer & Son full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of one, I worked there for 3 and half years and can't think of one

Cons

Management, No commission reports, no real benefits

As a former employee, I agree with most of the reviews here. This company's management and staff are among the worst in the business. They do nothing to assist their sales people in the field. Instead they blame sales people for not making it happen. The prices are astronomical and obviously chefs and restaurants have a problem with that, but the company does nothing to address this concern. They just want to make money and it's up to you to figure out how to sell overpriced products in a competitive industry. Over and over I was told by my manager that he didn't have time to help me and I just had "to figure it out." And when I did receive guidance the messages were mixed and management contradicted each other. Most important, especially for a sales person, is to see your sales numbers, and this company did not provide any information about sales other than "you have to make it happen" and "you're almost there." This was very suspicious to me. The staff in New Bedford has a very high turnover rate so it's hard to create a rapport with anyone. And most of them are complete morons who impede rather than assist the sales people in the field. I spent most of my days doing damage control for mistakes made by the inside reps, like incorrect orders, late orders, shortages, etc., which was all a huge waste of time. Communication is non existent. Emails would be forwarded with no explanation. At the heart of this company is a bunch of lazy, delusional people who don't care about their jobs, a product of the culture created by management. The benefits are pathetic. You are expected to work outside in the elements and you get 2 sicks days a year, no vacation days until a full year of employment, and no personal days ever. You are expected to work your territory even in blizzards or hurricanes, both of which happened in the past two years, even when restaurants and the entire city were shut down. If you are a chef and you want to get out of the kitchen, then go ahead and try this company for year. Then if you want a real sales job, try Sysco, Baldour, or DairyLand, more transparent practices.

Horrible

I worked at Sid Wainer & Son

Pros

People outside the company think you have a cool job..

Cons

Everything. False promises about salary & wages. No commission reports. No sales reports. Horrible sexism. Just all around a horrible mistake.

Stay away. Look for a reputable company.