Siegel+Gale

Updated December 7, 2014
Updated December 7, 2014
4.4

David Srere & Howard Belk

Pros
  • The company culture is truly founded on smart, nice and unstoppable (in 7 reviews)

• You will learn the S&G methods well (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Hours can be tough for work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Management and HR are completely out of touch (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Smart, talented professionals!

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time

Pros

S+G is bursting at the seams with incredibly talented individuals. The work is top notch! Benefits are also superb as they are part of Omnicom. They treat their people right. Case in point: a $100 dinner offered to every associate as a Thanksgiving gift for everyone's hard work over the past year. As a newer associate, also appreciate the Deep Dive sessions they offer which help me gain a better understanding of the various practices, as well as the people in those groups.

Cons

Odd one: consider moving the conference rooms off 6th Ave. as the traffic noise is too loud to conduct calls effectively ;-).

S+G has a great office culture and brilliant staff!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The training that I received, and initial engagements with my team was hands on and super helpful. My first two weeks of work had been scheduled with resourceful meetings around the office that allowed me to acclimate rather quickly.

The benefits are good and the office culture is fun and inspiring with something new going on every week! Whether it's a field trip to an art gallery or team building happy hours, they truly keep the departments connected.

I truly believe in the simplicity company and everyone I have met had honestly been nice, smart, and unstoppable.

Cons

I feel like the office can get a bit quiet at time. Music would create a more friendly ambience.

Keep up the good work.

Siegel+Gale Response

Dec 9, 2014Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for the helpful feedback on the music. We have actually just had the design area wired for a sound system and hope to start using it shortly. Feel free to submit music requests.

Interesting challenging work with good people

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time

Pros

Siegel+Gale is a place where you can really grow and learn from smart, good people. The work is challenging and always interesting - their Simplification practice is fascinating

Cons

There were some challenges around culture at the company and the work-life balance was an issue at times as well

A dated culture thirsty for change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been surprised at how familial it can feel. This isn't like an agency where the lines between personal and work blur. Lunches with co-workers feel like lunch with the family where people talk about their personal lives, but only certain parts of it. I am used to the agency culture of sharing what you don't remember about Thursday night. This culture is about sharing what you and your significant other have planned for your upcoming anniversary.

The office environment is clean - love the abundance of fruit and nuts.

People have been very open to the change I propose. This is company that knows it needs to update parts of its culture but just doesn't know how to do it.

Work like balance is refreshingly reasonable.

Nice discounts, benefits due to the leverage Omnicom has.

Cons

The people here are very smart which can lead to ego problems. It's apparent that some people think very highly of themselves and it can be hard to get that first hello in with them.

The internal technologies are pretty outdated and some internal processes move really slowly.

There is a lot of talk about change. Make sure you can handle walking the walk. It doesn't mean just changing your employees' behaviors, but yours too.

Great colleagues and supportive managers

Current Employee - Senior Strategist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Strategist in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- I have wonderful colleagues—our team is very close knit.
    - Management has been very supportive of my personal growth.
    - I have worked on some amazing projects—actually 2 of my favorite consumer brands.
    - The time-off policy is very generous.

Cons

- I work nights and weekends regularly.
    - For the most part, I work on NYC-based clients, so I spend a lot of time in the office (e.g. in front of my computer) and rarely enjoy the opportunity to travel.

I was pleasantly surprised by the recent company-wide training initiative. Please consider providing even more opportunities where employees can learn and grow. It has a very positive impact on culture.

Current Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People deserving of promotions have received them. I see a clearly defined career path. My compensation is fair. I enjoy going to work each day and am surrounded by Smart, Nice and Unstoppable people. Marketing has been getting the name out and really improving the social profile.

Cons

I would like to see more flexibility in time off, working remotely, etc.

Keep up the great work! This place is really shining!

Smart Nice Unstoppable!

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time

Pros

Really great opportunity to experience the branding industry. It's not a marketing or advertising agency, but a consulting firm with a specialty in brand strategy. People here are truly smart, nice and unstoppable.

One of the best things I enjoy is that I can learn about almost everything that the company does through formal and informal training/sharing sessions.

Cons

Our team is relatively new and small in LA, and we may need to work with the NY team for resources, training, discussion, etc. I wish there would be more cross-office sharing and communication within our small group.

Intern

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

One of the best internship experiences I've ever had. All the managers were very personable and intelligent, and I've always felt the work I was doing was worthwhile and important. The C level executives were very available and friendly as well and were more than happy to meet with me when I needed to discuss projects with them. The company culture is casual but very professional and productive. I felt like I've learned a lot about the field of branding and had a lot of fun doing it. Working with the people in my department was fun and very cooperative.

Cons

It can get very cold here. Bring a jacket.

Intern

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Siegel+Gale as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great office culture. Surrounded by brilliant thinkers who are not just interested in their field. Many of the designers collaborate with strategists who collaborate with the marketing team.

Cons

Office space is slightly segregated. Not enough spaces for collaboration.

Siegel+Gale Response

Dec 11, 2014Chief Talent Officer

We recently improved our office space by setting up designated collaboration zones for people can work with others more effectively. Stop by to see it next time you are in NYC, it's beautiful!

Great chance to learn my field, develop professionally, and build my network

Former Employee - Marketing & Business Development in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing & Business Development in New York, NY

I worked at Siegel+Gale as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

EVERYONE (interns included) is treated as a respected member of the team and has many opportunities to take ownership of projects, make an impact, and even work closely with senior management. Loved the culture: business casual, very friendly, open door policy, brilliant people with passion for their field. HR makes tangible efforts to foster interns' professional development.

Cons

Honest opinion: could not have had a better internship experience. If you're overly competitive, can't work well with others in an office setting, and don't have a passionate interest in your field, this isn't the company for you. Otherwise, a truly great experience.

Make sure to continue attending office events and discussions whenever possible to foster leadership transparency--though HR did a great job of connecting staff (interns especially) with the C-suite leaders.