Siegel+Gale

www.siegelgale.com

Siegel+Gale Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

David Srere & Howard Belk

Pros
  • You will learn the S&G methods well(in 8 reviews)

• The company employs very smart people, making intellectual collaboration a reality(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Management and HR are completely out of touch(in 2 reviews)

• There is great transparency with upper management and HR, so any potential issues always seem to be addressed efficiently and thoroughly(in 2 reviews)

Good people, great work, I love showing up.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI truly enjoy everyone I work with. It's a great balance of casualness and professionalism. My ideas are heard, I learn something new everyday, and I believe in the company's values. I'm proud of the iconic work the company has done and am motivated to help S+G succeed further.

ConsThe office can be very quiet at times. It isn't the most creatively inspiring workspace.

3 Months In: Happy to be here

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFirst and foremost - the people. Everyone works hard here, but they work even harder to keep the average disposition of the overall office at "sunny." Very pleasant because of this. Secondly, the work is very engaging, even if your department is not directly involved in another's. Everyone absorbs everything and is encouraged to discuss and interact with the work we all do, interdepartmentally.

ConsAside from the AC being on full-blast a bit too often, there's nothing I'd consider a "con" about working at S+G, so far.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany people are new, and coming from different walks and backgrounds, but one thing I think is chiefly important to make sure everyone is on the same page - departmentally as well as company-wide - is to be on the same page about strategy, message, and company brand. This is a branding agency after all - those on billable hours shouldn't only concern themselves with the client work; they should be thinking about their output as a holistic reflection of our company brand.

Great, high level work in fast paced environment

Project Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFor someone looking to contribute on high level, visible projects with a heavy focus on strategy, this is an excellent place to be. The work is very interesting and extremely detail oriented which is awakening in a lot of ways.

ConsIt is a very corporate feel, especially if you have history working in laid back or creative environment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company with great values

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people are extremely nice and the managers are reasonable. I also enjoy the fact that there are opportunities to learn about the work different departments do.

ConsI think on smaller teams it is difficult to move up because the company isn't growing as fast as they would like.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor new employees some sort of rotational program might be helpful to fully understand what each department does. The program doesn't have to be long, maybe a week or two, but then everyone will have an understanding as to what it takes to be in the other person's shoes.

Great group of people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReally motivated and smart group of people.

ConsIt's still going through some growing pains. internal process and resourcing can be tough.

A True Community

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAs someone who's worked both at large companies and boutique firms, I find Siegel+Gale to be the perfect blend of large-company thinking and small-company camaraderie. The organization follows its core motto of "Smart, nice, unstoppable" beautifully, and there is a firm sense of community while never losing sight of the big jobs that need to be done to make our clients happy. Everyone bonds together to accomplish the larger goals at hand, but there are also ample opportunities to network, socialize, and, above all, get to know the inner minds and work approaches of one's colleagues. It's an exemplary work environment.

ConsTo be honest, I have yet to find any true cons. There is great transparency with upper management and HR, so any potential issues always seem to be addressed efficiently and thoroughly.

Quality people, quality work.

Senior Designer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsQuality level of work is very high with nice office environment and very talented people. Office has lots of perks such as good benefits and company events. Work/life balance is reasonable.

ConsWorking with high profile, fortune 500 clients mean there is some pressure and the work doesn't always lead to exciting results.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake better use of office space, and better lighting.

Great people, great work.

(Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people are great, very supportive and intelligent. The work is interesting and challenging (in a good way). The culture is hard-working, supportive, and fun. There's definitely a lot of opportunities to socialize and they put on a lot of fun/nice things for us compared to other brand/ad agencies.

ConsI havent been here very long, so not sure if I can really speak critically yet - but I would say that dept-specific training could be an area of improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only thing I can think of is look to hire a younger crowd or younger guys in particular. Not sure if thats a challenge you face already, but the younger people here might benefit from having more of a social circle!

Otherwise everything is going really well, im happy here.

3 months in and so far it's amazing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSuper smart people, good business pace, lively discussions/debates.

ConsStill getting used to the split of strategic/creative work between divisions.

"Simply Great"

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsS+G is the ideal work environment, you'll build meaningful relationships with the people you work with through collaborative work and there's always opportunities to explore new interests and develop new skills if you attend the workshops and lunch & learn sessions offered to all employees. It's a privilege to work amongst some exceptionally talented and amazing people. Promotions are well deserved and the company provides great benefits.

ConsNone to date. The company has a great office culture, it's fairly easy to maintain a balance between work and life outside the office.

Worked for Siegel+Gale? Contribute to the Community!