Siegel+Gale Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.5
David Srere & Howard Belk

Pros
  • People here are truly smart, nice and unstoppable (in 7 reviews)

• You will learn the S&G methods well (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Hours can be tough for work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Also- the office is beautiful, but it doesn't allow for much talking--it can be too quiet at times (in 2 reviews)

Siegel+Gale Cares About Their Employees!

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time

Pros

I have worked at S+G for only a year but I can certainly see how much they care about their employees. A close family member underwent major surgery out of state and S+G sent a week's worth of healthy dinners for my family and me so that we would have a good meal each night when we came home from the hospital. Incredibly thoughtful and appreciated!

Cons

No cons, all good, thanks again!

Communications Intern

I have been working at Siegel+Gale

Pros

The people are incredibly welcoming, intelligent and fun to be around. There are a lot of social events in the office, and although people for the most part know those that work in their department, there is a great deal of cross-pollination. The company is well-designed.

Cons

The company itself is relatively small; although it is a global company, the New York office is by far the biggest, and the other offices are much smaller. A company which has offices around the world which one could move to should one want is nice.

Summer Intern 2015

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale

Pros

Smart, friendly, competent people who all care about what they do and about one another. The work is interesting and truly stimulating. I enjoy engaging in creative problem solving every day here. If you want the work and can handle the work, you will get it. They also provide a monthly subway pass, which is basically like gold in the city.

Cons

As an intern, it can feel a little "summer campy" at times, but don't let that discourage you. If you want real exposure to this business and professional experience, it is yours for the taking. $10/hour is hardly a living wage in NYC, but if you're not counting on that as your sole income you can swing it for a summer.

Advice to Management

Treat your interns like the professionals you hope they become, not the college students they (mostly) are.

Jun 25, 2015 – Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for your suggestion. We do treat our interns as professionals. Interns are included in client meetings, client calls and brainstorming sessions. We strive to give you as much real world ... More

Intern

I have been working at Siegel+Gale

Pros

Smart, friendly, and dedicated employees

Cons

Everyone is always very busy

6. In transition for the better, and you can actually have an impact.

Current Employee - Associate Creative Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Creative Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at other large agencies where you feel like another cog in the wheel. Here, if you speak up, you are more likely to be heard & have an influence.

Cons

While there are plans for improvement, the physical layout of the agency could be better. Results in a quiet, uninspiring environment and can make it difficult to collaborate at times.

Advice to Management

Come out of your offices and sit and collaborate with the common-folk.

Apr 22, 2015 – Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We are always trying to improve the physical layout. We have added new collaboration space and hope people take advantage of it. We have wired the design area for music ... More

Compelling differentiation. Scrappy attitude. Impressive client list.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We get to create some great brand work. Really smart and talented people. Nose to the grindstone during the day, without it bleeding into your personal life. You get to take on a lot of responsibility and your ambitions can take you as far as you want to go.

Cons

Average salaries like all the branding companies, but we get to exercise our talents.

Advice to Management

Fewer chiefs please. A bit top heavy in NY.

8. Great smart folks. Great work is a priority. Leadership is strong. People are very focused.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The work is top notch. The employees are very focused on delivering great work.

Cons

Sometimes it's a juggling act between work and social but I think that would be anywhere.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focused leadership. S+G is going places!

S+G has a great office culture and brilliant staff!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training that I received, and initial engagements with my team was hands on and super helpful. My first two weeks of work had been scheduled with resourceful meetings around the office that allowed me to acclimate rather quickly. The benefits are good and the office culture is fun and inspiring with something new going on every week! Whether it's a field trip to an art gallery or team building happy hours, they truly keep the departments connected. I truly believe in the simplicity company and everyone I have met had honestly been nice, smart, and unstoppable.

Cons

I feel like the office can get a bit quiet at time. Music would create a more friendly ambience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Dec 9, 2014 – Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for the helpful feedback on the music. We have actually just had the design area wired for a sound system and hope to start using it shortly. Feel free to submit music requests.

A dated culture thirsty for change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been surprised at how familial it can feel. This isn't like an agency where the lines between personal and work blur. Lunches with co-workers feel like lunch with the family where people talk about their personal lives, but only certain parts of it. I am used to the agency culture of sharing what you don't remember about Thursday night. This culture is about sharing what you and your significant other have planned for your upcoming anniversary. The office environment is clean - love the abundance of fruit and nuts. People have been very open to the change I propose. This is company that knows it needs to update parts of its culture but just doesn't know how to do it. Work like balance is refreshingly reasonable. Nice discounts, benefits due to the leverage Omnicom has.

Cons

The people here are very smart which can lead to ego problems. It's apparent that some people think very highly of themselves and it can be hard to get that first hello in with them. The internal technologies are pretty outdated and some internal processes move really slowly.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of talk about change. Make sure you can handle walking the walk. It doesn't mean just changing your employees' behaviors, but yours too.

Great colleagues and supportive managers

Current Employee - Senior Strategist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Strategist in New York, NY

I have been working at Siegel+Gale full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- I have wonderful colleagues—our team is very close knit. - Management has been very supportive of my personal growth. - I have worked on some amazing projects—actually 2 of my favorite consumer brands. - The time-off policy is very generous.

Cons

- I work nights and weekends regularly. - For the most part, I work on NYC-based clients, so I spend a lot of time in the office (e.g. in front of my computer) and rarely enjoy the opportunity to travel.

Advice to Management

I was pleasantly surprised by the recent company-wide training initiative. Please consider providing even more opportunities where employees can learn and grow. It has a very positive impact on culture.

RSS Feed </> Embed