Siemens

www.siemens.com

Siemens Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Joe Kaeser

Pros
  • They seek to help you with your professional development and are flexible with your work/life balance(in 65 reviews)

• The work environment is also very nice and inviting(in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management tried to prompt younger guys for better control(in 20 reviews)

• difficult to get the work-life balance in the Indian environment(in 9 reviews)

Good Working Environment

Software Developer (Current Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsGood work life balance and opportunites to grow

ConsLack of Involvement from Senior Management

good to work as start point of your career

Staff Scientist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosthe business is quite stable, and they give relatively decent pay, standard process

Consless dynamic compared to those fast growing companies, the space of promotion is limited

Some good. some bad.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReally good culture. Potential to stay a long time (or at least there used to be) and great extra curricular activities. Great people who have been with the company a long time make you feel welcomed.

ConsManagement is too friendly with some of their subordinates. Don't really provide much feedback and will dump you off in a cubical if certain people don't like you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Siemens Houston Support Center

Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLots of opportunity, because of the lack of college trained engineers, there are lots of holes in Engineering and Operations because of the lack of discipline.

ConsManagement does not hire black professional male engineers, even though the company is located in the middle of the oldest historic black community in Houston. (check history)

Advice to Senior ManagementShould hire engineers with college degrees instead of promoting home made engineers from the shop floor

International company that do not care for IT US employees

IT Analyst (Former Employee) Mason, OH

ProsNone there is nothing that comes to mind

Conswatered down process that any person with no IT skills could be hired to perform which they moved offshore and letting go 1700 employees with no care in the world because they are headquartered in Germany so easy come easy go

so far i have had a positvie experience working for siemens

Quality Assurance (Current Employee) Marion, KY

ProsHave access to a multiple resources

Conshave not seen alot of changes in upper management

Solid Career, A little unorganized, Very corporate

Service Account Engineer (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsWell established company. Great benefits.

ConsVery corporate. A lot of time is wasted on technology issues such as errors in online training, etc. Not a very "team" oriented structure. Employees must be very resourceful when solving problems because there's not a very strong support structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on creating a better support structure through the chain of command. Before rolling out new sales initiatives, ensure all details are in place to provide a quality service to customers.

Solid place to work

Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) Buffalo Grove, IL

ProsGood benefits package, lots of opportunity

ConsConstant restructuring, lack of concern for employees as individuals

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your people to help them succeed on a career path within the company

A very well run company with plenty of opportunity.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay was very high compared to average of area. Benefit package was outstanding.

ConsThere is nothing that comes to mind.

Large Company with opportunity for career growth

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsLots of opportunity, challenging, local leadership engaged, able to have input on career, solid company trying to focus on employees and customers.

Conslarge company with many layers, changes structure a lot, Corporate not always in tuned to the people on the ground. Sometimes numbers driven and does not see the big picture.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to keep employee morale in mind with all the changes. Do not sacrfice long term for short term success. Test new ideas before inititating big changes to make sure works.

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!