Siemens Energy
www.siemens.com Erlangen, Germany 5000+ Employees

Siemens Energy Reviews in Orlando, FL

Updated Mar 14, 2014
Siemens Energy – Istanbul – “Siemens KArtal”

Siemens Energy CEO Wolfgang Dehen

Wolfgang Dehen

32 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good people, solid company, and a work life balance that can't be beat.

Contract Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Siemens Energy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAbility to move around the company and around the globe quickly, as long as you are proactive and flexible in this pursuit. Generous compensation for central Florida.

ConsProcesses can be out of control. Difficult and frustrating to change status quo.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a long hard look at what your people do and ask them why.

I'm Loving it

Help Desk (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Siemens Energy as an intern for less than a year

ProsMulticultural Diversity, Room to Grow, Benfits

ConsHard to get an full time employment

If you're not a shining star, you're the trash that gets left behind

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Siemens Energy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExcellent opportunities for travel and professional development. Decent pay.

ConsWhile the pay is decent when you start, it doesn't keep up with the cost of everyday life. If you're not in one of the special "development" programs, you will always be "just another employee", under the thumb of a manager who only cares about himself or herself, and you will never get more than a 2% raise every year.

Opportunities for travel and career development are exceptional - if you're in one of the special programs. If you get hired straight out of college, you qualify for them. If you join the company with 20 years experience, even if it's a distinguished military career, you will always be nothing but a number. Management has NO concern for you or your career goals.

There is a constant rift between the US and the German "headquarters". If somebody in the US comes up with a brilliant idea to improve productivity or eliminate waste, they get $50. In Germany, if you merely work on a team that evaluates such ideas, you get at least 1000 euros and a share of any financial benefit the company sees from each idea. Several of my colleagues in Germany have bought new cars recently with such "award payments", even though they simply sat in teams that considered such process improvement suggestions. For the same number and types of improvement suggestions, I've only been able to take my family to dinner a few extra times.

If you live in Germany and travel anywhere by plane, you can fly business class. If you live in the US and need to fly to China, Singapore, Argentina, etc, you still need to fly coach -- even if it's a 12 or 16 hour flight.

Advice to Senior ManagementCapitalize on your employees' abilities. Have all managers work to put their employees where their skills can be used effectively.
Many managers care only about themselves. If you're not going to get rid of such poor, selfish managers, you need to provide mentoring and development opportunities for the employees who work for them. Don't focus 99% of the development opportunities on the select few whose managers fight for them.
Treat all of your employees as valued team members. Don't place higher value on one group of employees simply because they were born closer to headquarters.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting Company, Bureaucratic and risk adverse.

Product Marketing Specialist (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Siemens Energy full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work/life balance and benefits

ConsPoor salary progression, opportunities for advancement appear to be more tied to time in your position as opposed to your performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTie professional development to a process that rewards achievement and fosters other opportunities.

Great company, some flaws in followthrough on promises to employees.

Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Siemens Energy as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsA company to be proud to work for and in certain areas. A lot of great people and can be a fun atmosphere.

ConsUnkept promises, constant organizational changes, lack of recognition for going the extra mile

Advice to Senior ManagementPay close attention to who you toss into the management roles and what message they are conveying to the employees. If they aren't educated on the area they are hired into they may not be a solid choice.

Great social culture, stable working environment, large corporation and bureaucracy

Product Marketing Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Siemens Energy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe social culture is active, with lots of extra curricular, and regular working colleges. the majority of positions at Siemens don't demand 60+ hour weeks however to be a star you'll need to put in your time. New hire training programs, especially for College grads are well planed and executed even better. Benefits are great, and the pressure is average.

ConsBeing a large corporation the internal politics get in the way of productivity. Secondly career mentoring isn't the greatest, to be recognized as an above average employee isn't difficult - to be recognized as a star takes a lot of time, patients, politics, and confidence (much like most companies I imagine). Base Salary is below the market - and there are a lot of ppl working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrim the fat, praise the hard workers, Keep an I on the market value of employees.

Great Potential, older employees sometimes prevent change

Engineer I (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Siemens Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros-Challenging and interesting work, great work/life balance, great pay and benefits, job security, easy to move laterally, good network for young engineers

Cons-Job security (there are some that make great efforts to put in little effort), resistant to change, everything that comes with being a large company, less opportunity for travel (the fun kind of travel), 'academic' has a bad connotation

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the fat, be open to new methods, increase focus on R&D

Excellent internship program &learning experience

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Siemens Energy as an intern for less than a year

ProsWell designed internship program which aims at developing interns' skills and abilities in different aspects.

Good pay.

ConsI would add some if I could think of any

Great company

Senior Non-Tech Co-Op (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Siemens Energy as an intern for more than a year

ProsA lot of opportunity, great managers, growing industries.

ConsLarge company, some employers in departments no longer serve a purpose.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher turnover might be needed for some departments, improve ways of growing within the company at a faster pace

Wonderful internship experience

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Siemens Energy as an intern for less than a year

ProsGood coworkers and a good structure to their internship program. The senior engineers were very interested in helping me learn and I felt that they provided me with a challenging yet attainable project for the summer

ConsIts a large company so some things happened fairly slowly. For example I didn't have a computer for the first week I worked there.

Worked for Siemens Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Siemens Energy reviews and ratings in Orlando, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Siemens Energy CEO Wolfgang Dehen. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by Siemens Energy employees.