Siemens Energy & Automation

Siemens Energy & Automation Reviews in Alpharetta, GA

4.6

Siemens Energy & Automation President and CEO Dennis Sadlowski
Dennis Sadlowski

Pros
  • Diversity, very technical, white collar, good benefits, training (in 12 reviews)

• Large employer with great benefits (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance may at times be difficult to manage (in 3 reviews)

• Very little/ No communication between upper management and Engineers (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

7 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Siemens is an excellent company to work for. Consider it the "German GE". Highly diversified and competitive.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Siemens Energy & Automation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Salary/Benefits package is great. Lots of room to grow and move up the ladder for the ambitious.

Cons

Siemens is a very large company with the associated beauracracy.

Be less political!

Good work enviorment

Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Siemens Energy & Automation as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to "learn" the business.

Cons

Very Structured, little room for “out of the box” thinking.

Good American Manufacturer

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Siemens Energy & Automation

Pros

Company values their employees, has learning and development programs for each employee, and is dedicated to advancing those that work.

Cons

VERY large company, with lots of red tape and politics. Occasionally, these get in the way of making the best choices for the business.

Consider giving ALL employees incentives to keep the company's best interests in mind (i.e. profit sharing, annual bonus, etc.)

Stuck at the starting line

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Siemens Energy & Automation

Pros

great benefits package, 20 days paid time off, good manager, current leadership beyond the middle management level is forward leaning, inventive, creative, and has the appearance that they genuinly care.

Cons

no upward or lateral mobility, little to no training, inbreeding is significant, very little knowledge sharing among groups, little interest in moving beyond the status quo. Most issues are middle management issues, not top or bottom issues.

Great opportunity as far as being the first company to work for right out of college

Former Employee - Material and Logistics Spec II in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Material and Logistics Spec II in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Siemens Energy & Automation

Pros

Great benefits package, ability to travel. Heavy duty roles and responsibilities. Team environment. Some opportunities for improvement. Fortune 500 company.

Cons

Lack of experience managers. Little help in root cause issues. Fire-fight atmosphere. To much overhead in managers and supervisors. Opportunities for advancement, little to none.

Take advice from employees. Learn more about the business and your own responsibilities. Need to be more proactive and less reactive.

Overall, I really enjoy working for Siemens. The corporate culture is very relaxed and the people are friendly.

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Siemens Energy & Automation

Pros

Great atmosphere, people, location; plenty of opportunity to contribute - opinions are valued; great benefits; able to work independently and telecommute; encouraged to build skills and keep skill set up to date via conferences, etc. Biz casual - projects always challenging and unique. Never bored.

Cons

It seems that some folks are "groomed" to succeed where others must stay in their place; upper management often makes decisions on things they are not familiar with - especially procurement in my area of work. Have been with the company 5 years and am told I've done a great job, but no promotion or raise other than the standard 2-3%. Finally received a promotion with no pay increase. Suddenly I have to prove why I deserve a raise.

Listen to your employees and compensate them for a job well done. Interact with your department and know what's going on with all levels - don't work behind the scenes and make quick decisions based on bad information. We're paid to be experts in our field - how frustrating when management ignores our expertise and then puts the team at a disadvantage with bad decision making. Many people believe they know how to do my job, when in fact they know very little.

Good, but not great company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Siemens Energy & Automation

Pros

Gain experience & benefits package. If you want to come into Siemens and learn it could be a great place to be. You learn from your colleges and there is constant encouragement to take additional classes. Good company to improve professional skills. The benefits package is great.

Cons

If you want to find career growth it will be more complicated. There is a lot information on the intranet describing possibilities but once you try to implement some suggestions in practice you'll find the process is extremely slow and cumbersome.

Help people achieve their dreams if they are in line with the company objectives. Communicate means of doing so.

Siemens Energy & Automation Photos